Subaru experts
Moderator: Monochrome
Subaru experts
Tell me good and bad about this year and vehicle. Pulease
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =198712216
Coop
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =198712216
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Subaru experts
I can't tell you anything other than I have been told to stay away for the turbos.
Re: Subaru experts
But the turbos are the fun and why I want it. Why did they say to stay away from turbo?
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Subaru experts
Because turbo 2.5 engine is known for cracked ring lands and expensive engine rebuilds. Your best Subaru bet is a flat 6 Outback, Legacy or Tribeca if you're into funky looking cars.
The 2.5 turbo can be a great car, but having a Subaru specialist inspect it and a compression/leak down test is basically mandatory before purchasing one.
The 2.5 turbo can be a great car, but having a Subaru specialist inspect it and a compression/leak down test is basically mandatory before purchasing one.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Subaru experts
Look for something like this https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =204233755
Or this https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =191392396
Or this https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventory ... =191392396
Re: Subaru experts
Grrrr. I dont want the car for the looks. I want a fun turbo car that doesnt look like the turbo car.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Subaru experts
[quote=""DCIV""]Grrrr. I dont want the car for the looks. I want a fun turbo car that doesnt look like the turbo car.
Coop[/quote]
Then don't buy a Subaru
Coop[/quote]
Then don't buy a Subaru
DOGE
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18123
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Subaru experts
Do it.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Subaru experts
Okay lets at least narrow this down then.
IF I were ever to drop the money on a turbo Subaru, what mileage should I sell it by? Say I find a 25-40k mileage one. Are they good to 50k,60k,70k ext.
The thing is, I want the gas mileage of the 4 cyl but the fun when I want it.
Other than the Subaru the Ford Escape is really the only thing Ive like.
The Mitsu evo just seems so high priced for what it is.
Coop
IF I were ever to drop the money on a turbo Subaru, what mileage should I sell it by? Say I find a 25-40k mileage one. Are they good to 50k,60k,70k ext.
The thing is, I want the gas mileage of the 4 cyl but the fun when I want it.
Other than the Subaru the Ford Escape is really the only thing Ive like.
The Mitsu evo just seems so high priced for what it is.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Subaru experts
It also seems harder to find non modified Mitsu evos than non modified forester xts. Lol.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Subaru experts
The 2.5 turbo isnt very fuel efficient at all. I averaged like 22mpg out of my Legacy. If you really want a turbo Subaru the 2.0DIT motor is much more reliable.
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18123
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Subaru experts
Just do the head gaskets when you get it as a precaution.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Subaru experts
2005-2007 MazdaSpeed 6. 2.3L turbo 4 and AWD.Coop wrote:The thing is, I want the gas mileage of the 4 cyl but the fun when I want it.

I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Subaru experts
He doesn't want one of those either, they have engine reliability problems worse than a turbo Subaru. I looked briefly before I bought my spec.B and there were many more alarming engine failure stories than there were for Subarus.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Subaru experts
Honestly can't think of a "cheap" and "reliable" used turbo car.
Maybe turbo diesels?
Maybe turbo diesels?
Re: Subaru experts
Really? That's the same engine in Vira's CX-7, and it's been rock solid.Chris wrote:He doesn't want one of those either, they have engine reliability problems worse than a turbo Subaru. I looked briefly before I bought my spec.B and there were many more alarming engine failure stories than there were for Subarus.
How many of those trouble prone cars were over boosted by ham fisted idiots?
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Subaru experts
Hows the awd system of the Mazda? Another reason is the Subarus awd system is kick ass.
It doesnt need to be cheap just not 20k either.
Coop
It doesnt need to be cheap just not 20k either.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Subaru experts
If it's anything like what's in the CX-7, then it's an on demand system. It's FWD until there's a loss of traction.
We drove Vira's car back from Michigan once, and hit a horrible ice storm in Indiana. It was honestly the most scared I've ever been while driving. The car didn't miss a beat. She's just got basic all season tires on it too. With snow tires I suspect it'd be unstoppable in anything that didn't require true low range 4WD.
Shit...just buy a CX-7
My only complaint about it is the lazy transmission. But it's ok when you pop it into manual mode.
We drove Vira's car back from Michigan once, and hit a horrible ice storm in Indiana. It was honestly the most scared I've ever been while driving. The car didn't miss a beat. She's just got basic all season tires on it too. With snow tires I suspect it'd be unstoppable in anything that didn't require true low range 4WD.
Shit...just buy a CX-7
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata