So if I wanted to use carriage bolts....how do I make a square hole? Drill a circle and then file to a square? Do they use a press when putting those in?
Coop
Carriage bolts
Moderator: Monochrome
Carriage bolts
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18821
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Carriage bolts
Haha. Those are wood bits.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18821
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Carriage bolts
[quote=""DCIV""]Haha. Those are wood bits.
Coop[/quote]

You never said you wanted to drill into something other than wood...
Coop[/quote]
You never said you wanted to drill into something other than wood...
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Carriage bolts
Called a broach. I don't think it's easy to do, I looked into it for something for my aquarium a while back.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Carriage bolts
Why do you want to use carriage bolts?

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Carriage bolts
I was thinking of mounting a piece of aluminum under my battery in the rear, and then using carriage bolts to secure it down.
I dont have to, just seemed like something you would use carriage bolts for.
Coop
I dont have to, just seemed like something you would use carriage bolts for.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Carriage bolts
File, dremel, jigsaw with a metal blade, coping saw with metal blade, etc. Depends on how big the hole can be. Drill it first, then go at it with whatever tool will work to make it square.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
