Page 1 of 1
Input shaft bearings
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:16 pm
by DCIV
So reading a little about this today. Seems they are discontinued but sometimes you can find the oem ones. I set off to find some. Supercar sells them for 500 bucks....WHAT!? Pretty much everyone else sells some aftermarket ones which I havent heard any good reviews about.
Questions...is the aftermarket going to get better? Do they even care? Will there be other solutions? Those in the know....please shine some light on this.
Coop
Re: Input shaft bearings
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:04 pm
by stealthee
Unless they are something special I don't know about, I would say bearings should be bearings. Go with Koyo, National, SKF or anything like that and you'll be fine.
Re: Input shaft bearings
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:17 pm
by DCIV
Apparently its something special.
Coop
Re: Input shaft bearings
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:23 pm
by stealthee
Ah, I just went to Supercar's site and see what it is now.
Re: Input shaft bearings
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:01 am
by mjannusch
They are special. If there isn't anything wrong with the one you have, re-use it.
I have a couple, but not looking to sell them for reasons that you've already discovered.

Re: Input shaft bearings
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 pm
by Hans_GZP
Most of the time people complain about a leak from the bearing. It's the o-ring that goes around the bearing that is the problem 90% of the time. I have a bunch of those o-rings in stock.
The places that have the OEM bearings are price gouging the shit out of their customers. It's sad. A $40 part is not a $500 part. I just sold a used one for $100 with a new o-ring because the guy was having problems with an aftermarket bearing. I didn't really want to sell it, but didn't want to leave the guy hanging. I've honestly never had issues with the aftermarket ones, but those are getting almost impossible to find now too.
Re: Input shaft bearings
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:00 pm
by DCIV
So how do we get a good aftermarket one?
Coop
Re: Input shaft bearings
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 pm
by Hans_GZP
No idea. I haven't been able to get my hands on a new one at all. Unless the bearing looks worn, or the housing for the bearing is worn or the halves spin, there is no need to replace the assembly.
Re: Input shaft bearings
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm
by Hans_GZP
Fieros run very similar input shaft bearing styles to what we have. They also have the same issue as we have (no more available). Through a ton of rabbit hole research, I found a guy who has a kit that adapts a different bearing/seal setup to fit their transmission. I've been meaning to send him over our bearing dimensions to see if this is an option for us. It would be great if it is!
http://rodneydickman.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=305
Re: Input shaft bearings
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:35 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Hans_GZP""]Fieros run very similar input shaft bearing styles to what we have. They also have the same issue as we have (no more available). Through a ton of rabbit hole research, I found a guy who has a kit that adapts a different bearing/seal setup to fit their transmission. I've been meaning to send him over our bearing dimensions to see if this is an option for us. It would be great if it is!
http://rodneydickman.com/catalog/produc ... cts_id=305[/quote]
Hell yeah, let me know if I can help. And by help I mean get people doing stuff.
Coop