Page 1 of 1

Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:37 pm
by J-Groove
I had a fun day last Tuesday filming with Wick's Way.

Also known as the day I got to be a passenger in my own car being driven by a damn good driver on a back road he knows well. So, like being in a rollercoaster. Woot!

Here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dh0pf6 ... e=youtu.be

-John

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:52 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Awesome video!

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:37 pm
by DCIV
I wondered if that was yours when I saw the preview on Facebook.


Coop

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:39 pm
by Duck Vader
Cool

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:12 pm
by mjannusch
I could tell right away whose it was by the seats. :)

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:31 pm
by Jeff V.
Cool. I'll have to watch that at home.

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 pm
by BillyC
cool video, was anyone else bothered by the rear seatbelt that was popped up from the seat? :lol:

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:00 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""mjannusch""]I could tell right away whose it was by the seats. :) [/quote]

Same here. I was like “I know those”. Great video and I hope you aren’t getting Supra hate mail lol.

Maybe this video will get more publicity than your photoshopped 3000gt ploy.

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:00 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Nope, I didn't notice it.

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:50 am
by J-Groove
[quote=""BillyC""]cool video, was anyone else bothered by the rear seatbelt that was popped up from the seat? :lol: [/quote]

I did, Tiffany thinks I am crazy for it bugging me. haha
Glad I am not alone.

[quote=""ChargerX3""]Same here. I was like “I know those”. Great video and I hope you aren’t getting Supra hate mail lol.

Maybe this video will get more publicity than your photoshopped 3000gt ploy.[/quote]


Not yet, but I expect it to come. The most common comments so far are, "What seats are those?" and "I'm sorry I deleted AWS."

Maybe, my fake new GTO is STILL going strong. It is hilarious...maybe I need to make a new site again.

-John

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:27 am
by Jeff V.
That was pretty cool. I still can't get over how well those seats fit the car. Especially given how small the donor car is.

I only noticed the belt buckle because I saw Billy's comment about halfway through the video. Then I couldn't un-see it :p

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:55 pm
by tabasco122
[quote=""BillyC""]cool video, was anyone else bothered by the rear seatbelt that was popped up from the seat? :lol: [/quote]

Same

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:37 pm
by J-Groove
I've been daily driving her since a week before the video. At first it was just to make sure everything was good to go for the video, now it is just because I am having fun and the weather is nice. EVERY DAY, at least one person will stop me about the car. Either when I am somewhere, or at a traffic light. Our cars really have aged well.

-John

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:30 pm
by mjannusch
I can't think of many 90's cars that attract as much attention. The ones that are in excellent condition look like they could've just come off the showroom floor - Mitsu really did a great job designing the exterior. The interior isn't bad either, just would need some material updates and update the instrument cluster and it'd be modern.

The last few times I drove my Spyder, I'd get random questions asking about what it was, if it was a new Ferrari or whatever. Crazy. You just don't see them around a lot up here anymore.

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:43 pm
by Jeff V.
The 3S has aged so well. My only real complaint with the interior layout, especially relative to my Audi and now the Corvette, is how high the seat sits relative to the center console. But as far as styling goes, it's great.

The seating position was better in my Stealth ES. But that had the bare bones, manual cloth seats. And it was a piece of shit :lol:

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:44 pm
by J-Groove
[quote=""Jeff V.""]The 3S has aged so well. My only real complaint with the interior layout, especially relative to my Audi and now the Corvette, is how high the seat sits relative to the center console. But as far as styling goes, it's great.

The seating position was better in my Stealth ES. But that had the bare bones, manual cloth seats. And it was a piece of shit :lol: [/quote]

The S2000 seats help change this feel a lot. One of the best mods I've done, mainly because they do not seem like I did anything. Those who don't know assume they are stock. I just need to clean up the seat belt holder and it will look stock.

-John

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm
by Jeff V.
Vira's not nearly the seat snob I am, and she really likes her two tone leather, so I doubt we'll be doing that to her car. But it's really cool how well that setup worked for you. It would have been something I'd have considered if I had kept my car.