Wick's Way video of my VR-4

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

Post Reply
User avatar
J-Groove
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Rowlett Texas

Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by J-Groove »

I had a fun day last Tuesday filming with Wick's Way.

Also known as the day I got to be a passenger in my own car being driven by a damn good driver on a back road he knows well. So, like being in a rollercoaster. Woot!

Here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dh0pf6 ... e=youtu.be

-John
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15948
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Awesome video!
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by DCIV »

I wondered if that was yours when I saw the preview on Facebook.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18819
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by Duck Vader »

Cool
User avatar
mjannusch
Posts: 4540
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 pm
Location: Hudson, WI

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by mjannusch »

I could tell right away whose it was by the seats. :)
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by Jeff V. »

Cool. I'll have to watch that at home.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6463
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by BillyC »

cool video, was anyone else bothered by the rear seatbelt that was popped up from the seat? :lol:
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by ChargerX3 »

[quote=""mjannusch""]I could tell right away whose it was by the seats. :) [/quote]

Same here. I was like “I know those”. Great video and I hope you aren’t getting Supra hate mail lol.

Maybe this video will get more publicity than your photoshopped 3000gt ploy.
Image
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15948
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Nope, I didn't notice it.
User avatar
J-Groove
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Rowlett Texas

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by J-Groove »

[quote=""BillyC""]cool video, was anyone else bothered by the rear seatbelt that was popped up from the seat? :lol: [/quote]

I did, Tiffany thinks I am crazy for it bugging me. haha
Glad I am not alone.

[quote=""ChargerX3""]Same here. I was like “I know those”. Great video and I hope you aren’t getting Supra hate mail lol.

Maybe this video will get more publicity than your photoshopped 3000gt ploy.[/quote]


Not yet, but I expect it to come. The most common comments so far are, "What seats are those?" and "I'm sorry I deleted AWS."

Maybe, my fake new GTO is STILL going strong. It is hilarious...maybe I need to make a new site again.

-John
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by Jeff V. »

That was pretty cool. I still can't get over how well those seats fit the car. Especially given how small the donor car is.

I only noticed the belt buckle because I saw Billy's comment about halfway through the video. Then I couldn't un-see it :p
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18121
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by tabasco122 »

[quote=""BillyC""]cool video, was anyone else bothered by the rear seatbelt that was popped up from the seat? :lol: [/quote]

Same
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
J-Groove
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Rowlett Texas

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by J-Groove »

I've been daily driving her since a week before the video. At first it was just to make sure everything was good to go for the video, now it is just because I am having fun and the weather is nice. EVERY DAY, at least one person will stop me about the car. Either when I am somewhere, or at a traffic light. Our cars really have aged well.

-John
User avatar
mjannusch
Posts: 4540
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 pm
Location: Hudson, WI

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by mjannusch »

I can't think of many 90's cars that attract as much attention. The ones that are in excellent condition look like they could've just come off the showroom floor - Mitsu really did a great job designing the exterior. The interior isn't bad either, just would need some material updates and update the instrument cluster and it'd be modern.

The last few times I drove my Spyder, I'd get random questions asking about what it was, if it was a new Ferrari or whatever. Crazy. You just don't see them around a lot up here anymore.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by Jeff V. »

The 3S has aged so well. My only real complaint with the interior layout, especially relative to my Audi and now the Corvette, is how high the seat sits relative to the center console. But as far as styling goes, it's great.

The seating position was better in my Stealth ES. But that had the bare bones, manual cloth seats. And it was a piece of shit :lol:
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
J-Groove
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Rowlett Texas

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by J-Groove »

[quote=""Jeff V.""]The 3S has aged so well. My only real complaint with the interior layout, especially relative to my Audi and now the Corvette, is how high the seat sits relative to the center console. But as far as styling goes, it's great.

The seating position was better in my Stealth ES. But that had the bare bones, manual cloth seats. And it was a piece of shit :lol: [/quote]

The S2000 seats help change this feel a lot. One of the best mods I've done, mainly because they do not seem like I did anything. Those who don't know assume they are stock. I just need to clean up the seat belt holder and it will look stock.

-John
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Wick's Way video of my VR-4

Post by Jeff V. »

Vira's not nearly the seat snob I am, and she really likes her two tone leather, so I doubt we'll be doing that to her car. But it's really cool how well that setup worked for you. It would have been something I'd have considered if I had kept my car.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
Post Reply