Page 1 of 6
Bought a Miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:13 am
by tabasco122
$1160, Pretty sure it has the torsen diff. 150k miles, recent clutch and timing job, needs a coil pack (one should be here tomorrow). It was only running on 2 cylinders, disconnected the fuel injectors for the dead cylinders (2 and 3) and drove it home 100 miles. No major issues, decent body, paint is ok, flaking in some areas, but will probably look decent enough with a good wash and maybe a polish. Has a few ricer items (pedals, steering wheel) and a few issues aside from the coil pack (small leak somewhere in the brakes and AC, window cable is popped on the passenger side, radio isnt working). Top doesnt leak, has leather, power windows, power mirrors, torsen diff most likely (about $700 by itself for the diff swap). Overall im happy with it, rides pretty decent. Plans are to just use it for autox and keep it mostly stock with nothing major.
Color is like a dark metallic blue, will get better pics once its washed and cleaned up sunday.
body is pretty clean, one small dent that i saw, about the size of a golf ball. flaking in a few small areas.
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:46 am
by Chris GTO TT
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:07 am
by DCIV
What is going on with this board!? Please change the name to flippenmiatacentral.
Coop
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:01 pm
by Monochrome
I have a spare set of coils I can give you cheap. They're off a 2000 if it makes a difference. Gay jokes soon to follow.
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:29 pm
by Silver
Seriously though, no love for the mr2s? At least they don't carry the rainbow stigma, shit. Peer pressure is a bitch
[quote=""DCIV""]What is going on with this board!? Please change the name to flippenmiatacentral.
Coop[/quote]
Says the guy that has been a member of the miata forums since like...forever

Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:59 pm
by tabasco122
[quote=""Monochrome""]I have a spare set of coils I can give you cheap. They're off a 2000 if it makes a difference. Gay jokes soon to follow.[/quote]
It does actually. Mine is pretty obd2, which means the coil has 4 pins on the connectors, one of those being a tach signal. 95.5 and up didn't have that extra pin which means my tach wouldn't work. Annoying because my coil I ordered was $140, the later and earlier ones were about $80
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:59 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Silver""]Seriously though, no love for the mr2s? At least they don't carry the rainbow stigma, shit. Peer pressure is a bitch
Says the guy that has been a member of the miata forums since like...forever

[/quote]
Me? I don't remember being a member. Now I'm going to go look.
Coop
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:30 pm
by Silver
[quote=""DCIV""]Me? I don't remember being a member. Now I'm going to go look.
Coop[/quote]
I used to make fun everytime you mentioned miatas years ago. You mentioned a miata forum and said you were only on it because your dad or friend or something had one.

This was in like 06-07
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:29 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""DCIV""]What is going on with this board!? Please change the name to flippenmiatacentral.
Coop[/quote]
What's wrong with Miatas? We all have them for the same basic reason, cheap competent cars for track/autox.
[quote=""Silver""]Seriously though, no love for the mr2s? At least they don't carry the rainbow stigma, shit. Peer pressure is a bitch
Says the guy that has been a member of the miata forums since like...forever

[/quote]
They are more expensive and more difficult to find and track prep.
[quote=""AudibleSilence""]A v8 swap would make for an awesome autox/roadcourse car. Several kids locally have gone with older 5.0s out of Foxbody stangs or LS1s.[/quote]
I love how everyone who doesn't have a Miata talks about engine swaps like they are free and easy lol
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 pm
by Monochrome
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]What's wrong with Miatas? We all have them for the same basic reason, cheap competent cars for track/autox. [/quote]
You, me, Creeper and Ginger are going out on a holiday sometime soon.

Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:35 pm
by tabasco122
A v8 swap would do absolutely nothing for me with my intended purpose for the car. Bumping me up a few classes would hurt me way more than help me.
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:36 pm
by tabasco122
i would love an 5.3 exocet eventually though....
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:40 pm
by Monochrome
[quote=""tabasco122""]A v8 swap would do absolutely nothing for me with my intended purpose for the car. Bumping me up a few classes would hurt me way more than help me.[/quote]
Haha now it's your turn to deal with the V8 swap know it alls.
Have fun!
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:43 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Monochrome""]You, me, Creeper and Ginger are going out on a holiday sometime soon.

[/quote]

[quote=""AudibleSilence""]If 18-20yr old broke kids can do them....why would you have an issue?[/quote]
To put it succinctly my Miata is my hobby. I make sure my mortgage is paid, all other bills paid, 401k is contributed to, saving account is padded etc. All funds for the Miata is cash only and it's my last priority.
[quote=""tabasco122""]A v8 swap would do absolutely nothing for me with my intended purpose for the car. Bumping me up a few classes would hurt me way more than help me.[/quote]
Yeah in autox I'm already screwed because of the 1.8 swap and the coilovers lol
[quote=""tabasco122""]i would love an 5.3 exocet eventually though....[/quote]
So would I but other priorities...
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:46 pm
by Monochrome
Speaking of hobbies, do you have any intention of coming to NG Chris?
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:46 pm
by Jeff V.
Chris wrote:I love how everyone who doesn't have a Miata talks about engine swaps like they are free and easy lol
You mean they're not? I thought you got a voucher in the mail with your title?

Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:50 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Monochrome""]Speaking of hobbies, do you have any intention of coming to NG Chris?[/quote]
Yeah I'm planning on coming, my girlfriend and I will fly into Nashville spend a couple of days there and then drive to the NG
[quote=""Jeff V.""]You mean they're not? I thought you got a voucher in the mail with your title?

[/quote]
Lol that'd be awesome though.
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:55 pm
by vegasidol
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Yeah I'm planning on coming, my girlfriend and I will fly into Nashville spend a couple of days there and then drive to the NG
[/quote]
Excellent. We may have a nice Bawc group going this year.
