Bought a Miata...

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18122
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Bought a Miata...

Post by tabasco122 »

$1160, Pretty sure it has the torsen diff. 150k miles, recent clutch and timing job, needs a coil pack (one should be here tomorrow). It was only running on 2 cylinders, disconnected the fuel injectors for the dead cylinders (2 and 3) and drove it home 100 miles. No major issues, decent body, paint is ok, flaking in some areas, but will probably look decent enough with a good wash and maybe a polish. Has a few ricer items (pedals, steering wheel) and a few issues aside from the coil pack (small leak somewhere in the brakes and AC, window cable is popped on the passenger side, radio isnt working). Top doesnt leak, has leather, power windows, power mirrors, torsen diff most likely (about $700 by itself for the diff swap). Overall im happy with it, rides pretty decent. Plans are to just use it for autox and keep it mostly stock with nothing major.


Image
Image

Color is like a dark metallic blue, will get better pics once its washed and cleaned up sunday.

body is pretty clean, one small dent that i saw, about the size of a golf ball. flaking in a few small areas.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Chris GTO TT »

:like:
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by DCIV »

What is going on with this board!? Please change the name to flippenmiatacentral.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Monochrome
Founding Members
Founding Members
Posts: 18264
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
Location: NE Maryland
Contact:

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Monochrome »

I have a spare set of coils I can give you cheap. They're off a 2000 if it makes a difference. Gay jokes soon to follow.
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold :(
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold :(

"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
User avatar
Silver
Posts: 4602
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Silver »

Seriously though, no love for the mr2s? At least they don't carry the rainbow stigma, shit. Peer pressure is a bitch :lol:

[quote=""DCIV""]What is going on with this board!? Please change the name to flippenmiatacentral.


Coop[/quote]

Says the guy that has been a member of the miata forums since like...forever :lol:
:d err:
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18122
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by tabasco122 »

[quote=""Monochrome""]I have a spare set of coils I can give you cheap. They're off a 2000 if it makes a difference. Gay jokes soon to follow.[/quote]
It does actually. Mine is pretty obd2, which means the coil has 4 pins on the connectors, one of those being a tach signal. 95.5 and up didn't have that extra pin which means my tach wouldn't work. Annoying because my coil I ordered was $140, the later and earlier ones were about $80
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by DCIV »

[quote=""Silver""]Seriously though, no love for the mr2s? At least they don't carry the rainbow stigma, shit. Peer pressure is a bitch :lol:



Says the guy that has been a member of the miata forums since like...forever :lol: [/quote]

Me? I don't remember being a member. Now I'm going to go look.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Silver
Posts: 4602
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Silver »

[quote=""DCIV""]Me? I don't remember being a member. Now I'm going to go look.


Coop[/quote]

I used to make fun everytime you mentioned miatas years ago. You mentioned a miata forum and said you were only on it because your dad or friend or something had one. :lol: This was in like 06-07
:d err:
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Chris GTO TT »

[quote=""DCIV""]What is going on with this board!? Please change the name to flippenmiatacentral.


Coop[/quote]
What's wrong with Miatas? We all have them for the same basic reason, cheap competent cars for track/autox.
[quote=""Silver""]Seriously though, no love for the mr2s? At least they don't carry the rainbow stigma, shit. Peer pressure is a bitch :lol:



Says the guy that has been a member of the miata forums since like...forever :lol: [/quote]
They are more expensive and more difficult to find and track prep.
[quote=""AudibleSilence""]A v8 swap would make for an awesome autox/roadcourse car. Several kids locally have gone with older 5.0s out of Foxbody stangs or LS1s.[/quote]
I love how everyone who doesn't have a Miata talks about engine swaps like they are free and easy lol
User avatar
Monochrome
Founding Members
Founding Members
Posts: 18264
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
Location: NE Maryland
Contact:

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Monochrome »

[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]What's wrong with Miatas? We all have them for the same basic reason, cheap competent cars for track/autox. [/quote]

You, me, Creeper and Ginger are going out on a holiday sometime soon. ;)

Image
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold :(
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold :(

"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18122
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by tabasco122 »

A v8 swap would do absolutely nothing for me with my intended purpose for the car. Bumping me up a few classes would hurt me way more than help me.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18122
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by tabasco122 »

i would love an 5.3 exocet eventually though....
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
Monochrome
Founding Members
Founding Members
Posts: 18264
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
Location: NE Maryland
Contact:

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Monochrome »

[quote=""tabasco122""]A v8 swap would do absolutely nothing for me with my intended purpose for the car. Bumping me up a few classes would hurt me way more than help me.[/quote]

Haha now it's your turn to deal with the V8 swap know it alls. ;)

Have fun!
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold :(
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold :(

"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Chris GTO TT »

[quote=""Monochrome""]You, me, Creeper and Ginger are going out on a holiday sometime soon. ;)

Image[/quote]
:runaway:
[quote=""AudibleSilence""]If 18-20yr old broke kids can do them....why would you have an issue?[/quote]
To put it succinctly my Miata is my hobby. I make sure my mortgage is paid, all other bills paid, 401k is contributed to, saving account is padded etc. All funds for the Miata is cash only and it's my last priority.
[quote=""tabasco122""]A v8 swap would do absolutely nothing for me with my intended purpose for the car. Bumping me up a few classes would hurt me way more than help me.[/quote]
Yeah in autox I'm already screwed because of the 1.8 swap and the coilovers lol
[quote=""tabasco122""]i would love an 5.3 exocet eventually though....[/quote]
So would I but other priorities...
User avatar
Monochrome
Founding Members
Founding Members
Posts: 18264
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
Location: NE Maryland
Contact:

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Monochrome »

Speaking of hobbies, do you have any intention of coming to NG Chris?
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold :(
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold :(

"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Jeff V. »

Chris wrote:I love how everyone who doesn't have a Miata talks about engine swaps like they are free and easy lol
You mean they're not? I thought you got a voucher in the mail with your title? :p
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by Chris GTO TT »

[quote=""Monochrome""]Speaking of hobbies, do you have any intention of coming to NG Chris?[/quote]
Yeah I'm planning on coming, my girlfriend and I will fly into Nashville spend a couple of days there and then drive to the NG
[quote=""Jeff V.""]You mean they're not? I thought you got a voucher in the mail with your title? :p [/quote]
Lol that'd be awesome though.
User avatar
vegasidol
Founding Members
Founding Members
Posts: 21751
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:52 am
Location: KCMO

Re: Bought a miata...

Post by vegasidol »

[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Yeah I'm planning on coming, my girlfriend and I will fly into Nashville spend a couple of days there and then drive to the NG
[/quote]

Excellent. We may have a nice Bawc group going this year. :)
Image
Whenever you use forceful and overt verbal persuasion to try to convince others to see things your way, they're probably not listening to what you say, Instead they're looking for every error in you your logic and mistakes in your facts, all the while constructing counterarguments. Worse still, they don't merely believe you're wrong; they need you to be wrong in order to protect the status quo. And since the final judge exists in their own head, you lose every time. - The Influencer
Is the level of bullshit you have to go through to change things in a direction you want, less than than or equal than the level of current bullshit?
Post Reply