Page 5 of 8

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:36 pm
by Hannibalzero
I like the interior. :)

Image

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:11 pm
by Jeff V.
The multifunction display looks cool as hell.

The climate and radio controls look cheesy as hell. The whole center stack is kind of awkward actually. It doesn't look integrated at all.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:00 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Hannibalzero""]I like the interior. :)

Image[/quote]

[quote=""Gatecrasher""]The multifunction display looks cool as hell.

The climate and radio controls look cheesy as hell. The whole center stack is kind of awkward actually. It doesn't look integrated at all.[/quote]

I agree on both counts... but in spite of being awkward i still like the interior.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:17 pm
by My92Stealth
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I agree on both counts... but in spite of being awkward i still like the interior.[/quote]

Same, I really like it all except for the radio/climate area.
I like the front and rear, although the spoiler seems a little wonky. The side isn't too great, I think it would look better if the sail area wasnt so angular.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:27 pm
by Jeff V.
Now that you mention it, I've more or less gotten over the sloping forehead caveman look the profile has. :lol:

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:41 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]Now that you mention it, I've more or less gotten over the sloping forehead caveman look the profile has. :lol: [/quote]

compared to the Airbus A380 this is nothing lol :lol:

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:45 am
by Twin-Turbo
Damn the fanbois on 3si are too much.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:33 pm
by alienviking
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]The multifunction display looks cool as hell.

The climate and radio controls look cheesy as hell. The whole center stack is kind of awkward actually. It doesn't look integrated at all.[/quote]

Exact same thing I thought when I saw that interior. Almost looks like an afterthought. Definitely not sleep and modern looking.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:36 pm
by J-Groove
Right now I still say the Vette is the best bang for the buck sports car. And chances are it always will be, it is the only car in history that has progressively gotten lighter and faster.

Now as for my opinions on the new GTR, :love:

I have a thing for cars that do not look like other cars, while yes the roof line is very much the same as other Nissans )350Z, G35/7, altima) the car as a whole does have a look all its own. Also it has one hell of a trunk. With these performance numbers and its 2+2 seating I say the new GTR makes for a great GT car. If I found my self in that price bracket and shopping I would give it a test drive.

-John

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:57 pm
by Twin-Turbo
I truley like the GTR except for the front end.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:18 pm
by Jeff V.
This stuff is unconfirmed at the moment.

40:60 torque split with alternate settings for SNOW and RACE

450hp/370 lb-ft 3.8L V6

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:19 pm
by Jeff V.
Now I'm seeing 473hp and 434 lb-ft. Still within my prediction range.

Oh yeah, it's a wet sump too.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:38 pm
by Chris GTO TT
i opened the thread on 3si about the GT-R and got a headache from reading kiewbe walkers posts. :d isdain:

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:42 pm
by Jeff V.
i opened the thread on 3si about the GT-R and got a headache from reading kiewbe walkers posts.
This ought to be entertaining :lol:

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:48 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]This ought to be entertaining :lol: [/quote]

I didnt respond to him (or in that thread at all)... I like the GTR and think it should be a great car but his comments drive me nuts

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:07 pm
by Jeff V.
I didnt respond to him (or in that thread at all)... I like the GTR and think it should be a great car but his comments drive me nuts
I like it overall. I've got some problems with that, but no car is perfect. However, I don't think this new GT-R lives up to the hype. I never thought it could. Then again, I'm not sure any car could have lived up to some of the hype this particular badge has generated.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:39 pm
by Macky
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]I like it overall. I've got some problems with that, but no car is perfect. However, I don't think this new GT-R lives up to the hype. I never thought it could. Then again, I'm not sure any car could have lived up to some of the hype this particular badge has generated.[/quote]

aim big, miss big :D

agreed, im not convinced the new GT-R is worth my dollars. Im better off with the Z06 (which im praying will drop down in price just a bit when the mid-engined replacement comes out in a few years).

:D

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:57 pm
by Jeff V.
I just skimmed through the 3SI thread.

It reminded me of every reason that I left that site. Wow...that was painful to read :lol:

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:17 am
by Chris GTO TT
LOL like i said i got a headache...

I for one Would take the Z06 for a weekend/track whore and the GT-R as a daily driver, that you can have fun in on the weekend too.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:21 am
by Wolf_Zero
New ZR-1 > New GTR

I don't like the way the GTR looks and if I don't like the way it looks it doesn't matter how damn fast the car is (ok maybe it does a little). I'd personally spend the extra money to get a 911 Turbo, but that's just me. Actually I'd probably get a Z06, cause of maint. costs but who's counting.