Page 4 of 8

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:43 pm
by Jeff V.
There was a sedan version of the older skylines as well
Umm....and?

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
by moffman93'
Aluminum block on a boosted car?

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:37 am
by Wolf_Zero
Gate, it was in response to this statement.

[quote=""JagdStealth""]heated elather seats? The good thing about the last GTR was the fact that it was made to be competitive rather than a souped up family car turned GT (VR4). It had light weight recaro seats :) [/quote]

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:10 am
by Jeff V.
There was never a sedan version of the GT-R (No, the custom built one-offs don't count :p )

You're right that there were quite a few other Skylines though.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:02 am
by Twin-Turbo
So basically Nissan can go to hell. Their car's suck and are ugly. Go USA!

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:43 pm
by Wolf_Zero
Oh, didn't realize we were all talking about the GTR. Reading comp. FTL :p

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:51 pm
by Jeremy C

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:58 pm
by Macky
damn

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:19 pm
by Jeff V.
Official Weight:

1740 kg = 3863 lbs

Straight from the official brochure.

Holy shit...

More to come...

Edit: Nice little comparison chart (I added the Stealth myself ;) )

R35 GT-R / 3836
Audi RS4 / 3957
Audi RS6 / 4024
911 turbo / 3494
BMW 335x / 3814
Lamb Murci/ 3638
Audi R8 / 3450

GM C6 ZO6/ 3163 WOOT!
Stealth R/T Turbo/ 3780

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:26 pm
by JagdStealth
Oh well, at least it's pretty quick...4000lbs cars just aren't that fun to drive after having fun in light cars. It's a fuckin workout to try and navigate them around turns...but AWD is great for 0-60 and 1/4mi blasts.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:36 pm
by Jeff V.
It's really not that big a deal to me personally, but I'm going to just LOVE to rub the fanboys noses in it :lol:

I can't wait until one of the rags puts a C6Z up against this thing. That will be the day of reckoning :D

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:44 pm
by GTO Assassin
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]It's really not that big a deal to me personally[/quote]

:shens:

You are one of the guys who is ALWAYS there to defend the almighty Vette. Don't be taking a back seat now young Jethro. :nono: :p

Scotty

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:47 pm
by JagdStealth
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]It's really not that big a deal to me personally, but I'm going to just LOVE to rub the fanboys noses in it :lol: [/quote]

I always thought the same thing until I realized how much more fun it is to drive a light car, even if it's not as fast. I got real tired of fighting with suspension and driving techniques to try and combat understeer and found the joy of actually being able to turn when I moved the steering wheel :lol:

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:51 pm
by Jeff V.
You are one of the guys who is ALWAYS there to defend the almighty Vette. Don't be taking a back seat now young Jethro.
I don't care how much the GTR weighs because I don't care if I ever own one of the new ones. I'd love an R32, but that's besides the point ;)

No, the fun will be in beating up the GTR fanboys and Import lovers in general that CHEVY, lowly Chevrolet, built a car that's SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS lighter than their 'superior, all conquering JDM ultra-car'

As for the rest of the fighting points, I'll need to see some objective performance numbers before I can plan those battles.
I always thought the same thing until I realized how much more fun it is to drive a light car, even if it's not as fast.
That's one reason I love my Focus. It weighs 2850 lbs. No, it doesn't have much in a straight line (it's fast enough though) but the thing is just fun as hell to drive. I'm amazed such a tall car feels so good when turning.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:16 pm
by Hannibalzero
The tagline on the magazine's cover claims the car is as fast as the Porsche 911 Turbo and is priced less than $80,000, confirming rumors the new GT-R will set a new standard in bang-for-your-buck comparisons.
Um, I'm no genious, but if the C6 z06 outperforms the 911 turbo and costs under $80k, wouldn't the GTR need to outperform the z06 to set a new standard?

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:20 pm
by Hannibalzero
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]
No, the fun will be in beating up the GTR fanboys and Import lovers in general that CHEVY, lowly Chevrolet, built a car that's SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS lighter than their 'superior, all conquering JDM ultra-car'
[/quote]

You should have no problem beating on GTR fanbois, seeing as how 98% of them will be driving riced out Maximas and Sentras instead of an $80k car. ;)

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:50 pm
by My92Stealth
I agree with those who say that less weight with less power can sometimes be more fun. I test drive cars for work sometimes, and although I most certainly dont push them ,they can be fun to drive because of their decreased weight.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:04 pm
by Jeremy C
more pics

Who heeds an ambargo any longer?

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:17 pm
by alienviking
I like the rear end, kind of "eh" about the front and the side profile is hideous.

Re: 08/09 Nissan GTR launch next month. Speculation and banter

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:25 pm
by Twin-Turbo
Damnit. I like how it looks besides the front.

I'll just keep driving my Stealth though. My idiot friend with money is a GTR nutswinger. I am going to give him so much shit that a Z06 does everything better for cheaper.