Page 3 of 4
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:19 am
by Silver
91 RT TT- thrown rod.... just after it was reassembled yet again
ETA: Don't know, either it'll be sold off or built-up again.
I'd have sold the damn thing already if there were any decent 1g RT TTs near me....that weren't green...or red......or white.

Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:18 am
by GreekPower
lets see
91 stealth TT - Needs a EMS and a tune
ETA: when I wanna cough up that money
91 vr4 - making it back to stop one piece at a time, and gonna sell
ETA: Same as stealth haha
92 legend - awaiting v8 RWD swap
ETA: once I find a totalled vette its on
92 legend - runs like a dream, but in a few months she's going down for a built 3.5L swap, 6speed swap, gt47

shes gonna be fast

ETA: Soon
01 ITR - MASSIVE bodywork
ETA: Probably gonna part it this summer.
05 Grand Prix - needs new rotors/pads and tires
ETA: if I can ever find damn brakes for it.
96 Eclipse RS - sold but need to transfer the damn title
ETA: it's been 2 years already haha.
Nothing to pressing in my life

Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:13 am
by Malaziel
1992 VR-4
Status - Crank pulley broke, bangs hole in timing cover, whacks the shit out of timing belt, Mrs. Valve meet Mr. Piston his intentions are not very pure.
ETA - Finished buying all the parts I need. Just need to change everything out. Probably two weeks.
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:08 pm
by BillyC
Both my Stealths run great...
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:36 pm
by Hannibalzero
94 RT/TT - Runs like a champ. Smokes quite a bit, nut the engine is sitting at 173k. I'll give her another 7k, then I'm thinking its time for more displacement and ported heads.
94 3000GT base TT- Runs like a dried turd. Brakes suck. Suspension sucks. The ATX won't even go into OD. Interior doors have pretty bad bubbling. The tune is shit because there is now a massive leak at the plenum.
ETA: Eh, I'll get around to it.
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:39 pm
by moffman93'
[quote=""Hannibalzero""]94 RT/TT - Runs like a champ. Smokes quite a bit, nut the engine is sitting at 173k. I'll give her another 7k, then I'm thinking its time for more displacement and ported heads.
94 3000GT base TT- Runs like a dried turd. Brakes suck. Suspension sucks. The ATX won't even go into OD. Interior doors have pretty bad bubbling. The tune is shit because there is now a massive leak at the plenum.
ETA: Eh, I'll get around to it.[/quote]
Brian Crower Stroker kit?

Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:54 pm
by Hannibalzero
[quote=""moffman93'""]Brian Crower Stroker kit?

[/quote]
I am evaluating my options. Crower might be out of my price range. I like Ray's new 3.5L idea. Rumor has it that IPS has something in the works too - I'm waiting to see what they put together. A 6g74 with custom forged pistons would probably be cheapest, but I'm thinking Ray or IPS is the way to go.
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:19 pm
by I am Me N U r U
[quote=""thestealth""]Both my Stealths run great...[/quote]
I'm jealous

Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:00 pm
by Hannibalzero
[quote=""Hannibalzero""]I am evaluating my options. Crower might be out of my price range. I like Ray's new 3.5L idea. Rumor has it that IPS has something in the works too - I'm waiting to see what they put together. A 6g74 with custom forged pistons would probably be cheapest, but I'm thinking Ray or IPS is the way to go.[/quote]
I just saw the latest thread on the Crower kit. I didn't realize that it IS the IPS stroker. Should be interesting. From the sounds of things, it is going to be in the same price range as Ray's new 3.5. Decisions, decisions.

Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:15 pm
by MumRa
since my VR4 is blown up I was thinking of taking it to 3SX and see if it could in any way get more fuct up. hmmmmm.....

Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:17 pm
by GreekPower
[quote=""Echo419""]since my VR4 is blown up I was thinking of taking it to 3SX and see if it could in any way get more fuct up. hmmmmm.....

[/quote]
50 pulls for 3000 bucks sound good to you?

Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:26 pm
by MumRa
[quote=""GreekPower""]50 pulls for 3000 bucks sound good to you?

[/quote]
I'd love to see it. espically since it won't crank......I can see it now, "we'll after 50 pulls on the dyno we've ruled out the tranny being the problem. now come and get it before we charge you $5 per day storage."
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:43 pm
by moffman93'
Yea for around 5.5-6k you can get a .4 Increase in displacement via the stroker, then you can bore it .1 over and make it a 3.5L.
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:48 pm
by Hannibalzero
[quote=""moffman93'""]Yea for around 5.5-6k you can get a .4 Increase in displacement via the stroker, then you can bore it .1 over and make it a 3.5L.[/quote]
Tough call, because Ray's 3.5L option costs roughly the same using a modified OEM 6G75 crank.
EDIT: Actually, I take that back. Ray's is going to be roughly that much ASSEMBLED. From what's been posted, it looks like the IPS/Cower price is just for the rotating assembly.
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:43 am
by SeanVr4
95vr4 - been down for 2yrs for rebuild from spun bearing at 157k!....
eta-soon....long rebuild is finishing up
93 rt - running strong for now
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:03 pm
by Starscream
Current problems with the SLuTT:
Right front sideskirt busted (Had a massive tire blowout on the interstate)
Right front wheel (One of my nice 5Zigen FN01RC 18x9.5 hyperblack wheels

) has a MASSIVE chunk out of it from hitting a pothole the other night.
Slow leak from oil return line coming off of front turbo
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:35 pm
by Hannibalzero
[quote=""Starscream""]
Right front wheel (One of my nice 5Zigen FN01RC 18x9.5 hyperblack wheels

) has a MASSIVE chunk out of it from hitting a pothole the other night.
[/quote]
Good luck with the 5zigens. I had to replace three wheels due to potholes. One wheel had 2 minor dents in it and one major dent. A second had just one large dent. The third cracked and blew out the tire.
FN01RC 18x9.5 hyperblack = dogshit.
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:44 pm
by VR4Rob
94 VR-4
Status: Runs great, loving the cold weather. Needs: A detail, BADLY (at least for my standards).
Up and coming: SS brake lines, speed bleeders, sail panel restoration, gloss black trim paint, satin black repaint wiper arms, oil, trans, diff, TC fluid change.
Dani's 92 VR-4:
Status: Runs great, just got 60K done. Needs: Oil change and pictures!
Up and coming: Boost controller!
So that's two great running VR-4s. If somebody would buy my silver set of Silverado SS wheels then I could get the ball rolling on the trim paint for the blue car

Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:02 am
by Mychal1216km
Lost clutch pressure and finding out what cylinder/line is bad when it gets warmer
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:50 am
by vr4
still broken.