Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Moderator: Monochrome
- moffman93'
- Posts: 9787
- Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:51 pm
- Location: Long Island
Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Car - 91 vr4
status - Stripped 25 spline output shaft and input spool.
ETA - Will probably be fixed within the month. I'm in no rush to fix it because I'm away at college and my car is sitting under a cover at home.
status - Stripped 25 spline output shaft and input spool.
ETA - Will probably be fixed within the month. I'm in no rush to fix it because I'm away at college and my car is sitting under a cover at home.
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
my VR4 exploded

[quote=""Daetlus""]Sometimes rectal stimulation feels good during intercourse.[/quote]
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Mine's down with a brake line leak. It's been too cold and snowy to go out and fix it 
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Spyder - needs new alternator and rims.
Stealth - needs new turbos, wheel bearings, motor mounts, rims, clutch, rotors, and a paint job.
Charger - needs new gas tank, fuel lines, wheels, rear-glass reinserted, wiring, lighting (blinkers'n'such), headers, exhaust, minor body work (smoothing out rough edges), and a paint job.
Estimated Time of Completion: Who the fuck knows. I'm gonna keep whining about it until I get so sick of hearing myself whine that I actually drop the $15,000 in parts and put them all back on the road.
Stealth - needs new turbos, wheel bearings, motor mounts, rims, clutch, rotors, and a paint job.
Charger - needs new gas tank, fuel lines, wheels, rear-glass reinserted, wiring, lighting (blinkers'n'such), headers, exhaust, minor body work (smoothing out rough edges), and a paint job.
Estimated Time of Completion: Who the fuck knows. I'm gonna keep whining about it until I get so sick of hearing myself whine that I actually drop the $15,000 in parts and put them all back on the road.
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Mine is working nicely 
Better yet: What's the % of broken 3/S by age?
Better yet: What's the % of broken 3/S by age?

Failboys record at home vs Giants: 0-1
- Alan92rttt
- Posts: 5335
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:11 am
- moffman93'
- Posts: 9787
- Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:51 pm
- Location: Long Island
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
[quote=""Shawn96VR-4""]Mine is working nicely 
Better yet: What's the % of broken 3/S by age?
[/quote]
I doubt age has to do with it for the most part. I'm only 18 and I know how to take care of my car and do more work on it than 80% of 3si.
Problems with my car since I've owned it.
1. Water pump locked up(fixed myself)
2. Clutch was worn down to the rivets(fixed with some help)
3. Output shaft stripped(on the highway??) - still broken.
Better yet: What's the % of broken 3/S by age?
I doubt age has to do with it for the most part. I'm only 18 and I know how to take care of my car and do more work on it than 80% of 3si.
Problems with my car since I've owned it.
1. Water pump locked up(fixed myself)
2. Clutch was worn down to the rivets(fixed with some help)
3. Output shaft stripped(on the highway??) - still broken.
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
SL - assumed broken differential spider gears, but haven't dropped the trans to find out.
ETA: Before spring. Too damn cold right now.
Conquest: There's a giant gaping hole where the engine should be
ETA:
Focus: It runs. A Ford. That is reliable. :wtf:
ETA: Before spring. Too damn cold right now.
Conquest: There's a giant gaping hole where the engine should be
ETA:
Focus: It runs. A Ford. That is reliable. :wtf:
Graeca sunt, non legunturWolfWytch wrote:But I tell ya, the best part of being a woman is the boobs![]()
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
[quote=""moffman93'""]I doubt age has to do with it for the most part.[/quote]
I think a lot has to do with it.
I think a lot has to do with it.

Failboys record at home vs Giants: 0-1
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
mine has no engine. Need oil lines, tranny put back together, and sstcase to come back. Then it will go back together....but im BROKE.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- My92Stealth
- Posts: 8112
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:07 am
- Location: New Hampshire
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
My TT was down due to a busted transmission. Got the new one in but the TC, oil cooler lines, and a fuel line now all leak.
I was in a hurry to try to fix it before school, but that's not gonna happen...I have 4 classes so far and homework in each :[
I was in a hurry to try to fix it before school, but that's not gonna happen...I have 4 classes so far and homework in each :[

[11:44] BobaF344: its just guy love between two guys
[11:45] IR Dianna: You're both gay.
[11:45] BobaF344: ROFL
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Spun bearing.
It should be fixed before ECG. Going to bring my pistons/rods/crankshaft in to get balanced this weekend than I'll be able to get the motor back together. Than I'll just need to get some other odds and ends and she'll be back on the road.
It should be fixed before ECG. Going to bring my pistons/rods/crankshaft in to get balanced this weekend than I'll be able to get the motor back together. Than I'll just need to get some other odds and ends and she'll be back on the road.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions."
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions."
- Caffinated Soap
- Posts: 11976
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:42 am
- Location: Cookeville, TN
- Contact:
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
[quote=""Alan92rttt""]waiting for warmer weather to fix.[/quote] 
Dead ATX. Just spent a buttload on a new one. I rebuilt the engine last fall, so hopefully this will be my last big expense on it for awhile.
Dead ATX. Just spent a buttload on a new one. I rebuilt the engine last fall, so hopefully this will be my last big expense on it for awhile.
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Nothing to report here 
/me knocks on wood.
/me knocks on wood.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
the only problem i have with my 3/s is that i dont have one anymore. :-(
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
My 3/S is missing an engine
..and a body
.....
but I do have some of it still:
-turbotaj license plate
-old 6G72 oil pump/water pump/etc
-various vacuum hose
-cloth 3KGT front seat
-some 9b wastegates

..and a body
.....
but I do have some of it still:
-turbotaj license plate
-old 6G72 oil pump/water pump/etc
-various vacuum hose
-cloth 3KGT front seat
-some 9b wastegates
-'79 Yamaha XS11 special, custom work in progress
-'93 Stealthubishi

-'93 Stealthubishi

- Darkhelmet
- Posts: 3370
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:28 am
- Location: Spaceball one
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
I no longer have any 3/s cars and I find that my life has alot less stress.
oh oh and whats this.... theres money in my wallet!!!!!!! 
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
my Vr4 is running.....weird i know
- TheHarleyMod
- Posts: 4466
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:13 am
- Location: The OC
- Contact:
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Dying fuel pump.

Hannibalzero: Whoa, Jeffro and Melis in the same thread? Did we somehow enter a timewarp back to 2008?
thestealth:woohoo...I'm only 35!!! :ick:
[quote=""Melis""]All I can say is I love how Graig breaks threads with his sarcastic remarks.........I always chuckle when things get all serious and I'm reading along........ and here comes MONOCHROME BOOM!
Like a boner bonanza combo breaker[/quote]
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Who's 3/S is broken and whats wrong with it?
Mine runs fine... though it needs Brakes....
Explorer runs fine to 183,000 miles on it, 4x4 still works as do the auto hubs
Explorer runs fine to 183,000 miles on it, 4x4 still works as do the auto hubs
