Good car insurance companies?

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

Post Reply
User avatar
Nightdust
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:38 am
Location: Portland, OR

Good car insurance companies?

Post by Nightdust »

Sooo...I've always been under my parent's insurance. Since they are potentially planning on moving out of Oregon relatively soon, I'm probably going to need to find my own insurance. :(

I have no at-fault accidents in the past 8 years (had a parking lot incident in 2002 I think, but was ruled not my fault), no tickets, and of course there was the vandalism thing when someone slashed my car top last year. I drive a 2007 Honda S2000. I'm 27. I've never had insurance on my own, so I've been told that I won't get any good rates.

Does anyone know of good car insurance companies to use? Can anyone get me a discount anywhere? ;)
Jason61991
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Jason61991 »

I'm at work at allstate right now.
And my boss's (family friend) husband owns the office next door which has progressive, mercury, united and infinity.

If you want the reliance that your car will be covered and you will be paid for a claim go allstate.

Progressive and mercury are the next two best and infinity is the cheapest.... Don't go united though...

If you want pm me your info and I'll quote you with the companies.
User avatar
kaskurgi
Posts: 997
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by kaskurgi »

I have Progressive and a Muscle car and it's pretty cheap for me. I have nothing on mine though so not sure. Call them and check them out. I think they even have an online quote thing too. :D If there is a thing for referrals put me down :p
User avatar
Jay
Posts: 1338
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:23 pm
Location: Virginia Beach

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Jay »

For a modified car?

Grundy.
Jason61991
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Jason61991 »

[quote=""Jay""]For a modified car?

Grundy.[/quote]

My co-worker said those would be considered "rebuilt" and allstate does.
Don't know about the other four I listed though.
User avatar
Zentelis
Posts: 7829
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:45 pm

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Zentelis »

Personally I wouldn't go with progressive again. They charge me out the ass, and I haven't had any accidents for about 8 years, and no tickets for at least 3.

I'll be looking into Nationwide and Allstate. I would have checked Geico, but after the fiasco that lawdogg went through with them, I'm going to stay away. (They wouldn't pay his claim after some hail damage, even though he had full coverage)
User avatar
SAgosto
Posts: 11973
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:45 am
Location: Bronxville, NY

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by SAgosto »

They are all crooked mother fuckers. Find the cheapest one and pray. I go with GEICO even though AIG is a bit cheaper. I always wondered if leaving my 8 years with GIECO for another place would hurt me in the long run.
Image

Failboys record at home vs Giants: 0-1
Jason61991
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Jason61991 »

[quote=""Shawn96VR-4""]They are all crooked mother fuckers. Find the cheapest one and pray. I go with GEICO even though AIG is a bit cheaper. I always wondered if leaving my 8 years with GIECO for another place would hurt me in the long run.[/quote]

It will. Here at allstate if your with us for more than 3 years you don't need to come to your nearest agent and have a vehicle inspection. Statefarm... which my family and I have been with for 12 years does the same for me and my family.

I like geico for the lizard and cavemen.
User avatar
bgh318
Posts: 6585
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by bgh318 »

Your rates might not be super high if you were listed as a driver on your parents policy because a lot of companies want you to have prior coverage and they'll count you as having coverage even if you're only listed as a driver.
waterfall crew member #06

"Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?"

Image
Jason61991
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Jason61991 »

Oh FYI!

If you have low credit and no prior... allstate won't accept you.
User avatar
Brandonscar
Posts: 23020
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: N. Atlanta, GA

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Brandonscar »

I use esurance now because the cartoon girl is hot.
I am Me N U r U
Posts: 6957
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:36 pm

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by I am Me N U r U »

I got esurance a few months ago, and LOVE them!! They were a LOT cheaper than Geico (my previous insurance company), and a lot less of a headache to deal with.

I was 22 when I signed up with them, and full coverage on a 98 VR-4 was abour $200 a month, and full coverage (minus collision), for a 91 stealth TT, was about $98 a month, I did have a multi-car policy deduction, and I have a no-fault accident on my driving history.
User avatar
Tujin
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:56 am
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Tujin »

If you're military/government employee, USAA really is awesome.
Esurance wanted damn near 300 a month for full coverage on my VR-4. Thats with a $500 deductible, and no coverage for any custom parts.
USAA is 99 /mo, with a 150 deductible. And they cover any custom parts that are installed in the car.
>>>>>Image<<<<<
User avatar
stealthee
Posts: 5064
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am
Location: SWPA
Contact:

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by stealthee »

State Farm.... I have had them since I was 19. Never any issues,.
Image
User avatar
Nightdust
Posts: 2191
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:38 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Nightdust »

[quote=""Tujin""]If you're military/government employee, USAA really is awesome.
Esurance wanted damn near 300 a month for full coverage on my VR-4. Thats with a $500 deductible, and no coverage for any custom parts.
USAA is 99 /mo, with a 150 deductible. And they cover any custom parts that are installed in the car.[/quote]

I'd love to, but not military or government. My dad is military, but I don't think that will qualify.


[quote=""stealthee""]State Farm.... I have had them since I was 19. Never any issues,.[/quote]


I've always heard State Farm is super sucky. Hmmm...
User avatar
Brandonscar
Posts: 23020
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: N. Atlanta, GA

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Brandonscar »

I told esurnace to auto renew me. It did it all on its own. It was awesome because I suck at paying bills.
User avatar
Tujin
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:56 am
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by Tujin »

[quote=""Nightdust""]I'd love to, but not military or government. My dad is military, but I don't think that will qualify.





I've always heard State Farm is super sucky. Hmmm...[/quote]

I originally qualified through my step-dad (military).
I'd call them up and see what they can do for you. Its really worth it.
>>>>>Image<<<<<
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14539
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: Good car insurance companies?

Post by vr4 »

[quote=""Brandonscar""]I use esurance now because the cartoon girl is hot.[/quote]



:stupid:


and it was slightly cheaper than gieco and progressive.


ive had bad experience with both progressive (moms car) and AIG.
DOGE
Post Reply