Page 1 of 1

Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:56 am
by Brandonscar
I just drove my civic after months of not. I love that zippy little thing.

I know, I know, I am a 30 something 300 pound guy, I shouldn't love the civic. Asian teens should love it. But it is just a fun little car.

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:58 am
by Macky
year, make and model?

i love my honda too, i just hate the fact it doesnt go as fast.

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:18 am
by Brandonscar
It is old. It is a 1993 civic EX. I have had it forever!

I bought it slightly used with 35K miles on it and 2 1/2 years old. I drove it until I was tired of it and let my g/f then wife drive it. At the time it was a huge purchace for me. I was a young college kid. It is also the first and last car I financed. I had a 3 year loan on it.

Then I got it back for awhile when I was between other cars.

Then I let my new g/f drive it.

It now has 240K miles on it. I kept it around thinking soon it will die and I will replace it. It never died. I skipped changing its oil for 15K miles and 1 year once, it is an ATX and has never had it's ATX fluid changed.

Every few months I think it is time for it to die, but it just keeps going. My current g/f loves driving it. She told me she is happy driving it till it dies or has a large repair bill before replacing it. So it gets daily use again now.

In the time I have had the civic the following cars have given up on me.

1977 Camaro *gave to brother, latter died not sure how*
1997 Predule S *blew head gasket / threw rod on freeway*
1994 prelude (POS, nothing great) *Timing belt went destroyed engine*
2001 Acura 3.2 TL type S *rear ended cop at stop light going fast*
1997 Accord EX v6 *sold it cuz it was ugly*
2005 Accord EX V6 navi *ex wife got it*
1997 Saturn SL *gave to friend*

1994 3000GT SL the repair list is long but it looks pretty

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:21 am
by Macky
jeez. looks like your civicr was built on a monday or a wednesday then. and the rest of the list were friday cars.

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:30 am
by Mitsuman03
My friend had a 4 door civic EX 5spd...he bought it with 75k on the clock..
drove it to around 260k.......the ECU took a shit on him...he never even changed the clutch@@@

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:31 am
by My92Stealth
Personally I don't mind little hondas, but only if they are 2 doors and manual. They aren't fast at all, but, like you said, are fun to zip around in.

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:41 am
by DCIV
i love how i got 200 miles on half a tank of gas in my honda and that would of been a full tank in the blazer.


Coop

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:48 am
by GreekPower
brandon my friend has the same year civic I think might be a 95. But its got WELL over 200k (speedo stopped at like 209 I think) LOL he's been driving it 90 miles round trip for his daily, OEM EVERYTHING minus air filter, plugs, wires, tires type of stuff. But still OEM clutch. I don't know how its lasted that long. He's recently started modding it and you can tell it had bad parts because the mods felt like going from 9bs to 15gs on a 3/s haha thats how BIG the increase was just in a exhaust/ intake.

I know my legend WILL go 300k ;) http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/s ... p?t=113309 proof legends can go that far haha

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:34 pm
by Brandonscar
Yep, with just simple bolt on mods mods they become zippy. I wouldn't call it fast by any means.

I ran mine into a pile of trees one day. I backed it out and it was leaking fluid so I just knew I had broken the radiator. I looked at the fluid and it was windshild washer fluid. I started it up and drove off like it never happened.

My g/f drove it at 120MPH to see how fast it could go. This was during the no oil change part of its life. It was fine, it didn't bother it at all.

Its back breaks are OEM, not as in same size OEM, as in those pads were made in 1993. Why? It has drums on the back and I never felt like messing with drum breaks so I left them alone. It stops on a dime still.

I really am thinking about getting another one as a DD. It will be a manual this time around.

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:38 pm
by GTO Assassin
This thread is full of rice.

:ban:

Just kidding. I'd love the fuel economy they have for a DD.

Scotty

Re: Is my civic love wrong?

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:15 pm
by DCIV
They handle pretty well also. I like mine all dented and paint messed up. That way I REALLY dont give a shit about it. Although I will prob test my hand at painting it in the no so distant future. I might even do another engine rebuild on it :eek: . But I will do it smart and buy an extra engine to rebuild instead of having this one sit while I rebuild the other.


Coop