Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
Moderator: Monochrome
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
My Uncle designed the Charger as it sits now. Here is his patent http://www.google.com/patents?id=5yEWAA ... obile+body
Just found out today that he is doing the redesign also, any suggestions?
Just found out today that he is doing the redesign also, any suggestions?

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
no, but that's really cool 
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
wtf? Your uncle is Trevor Creed? He was the lead designer of that cluster-fuck they call a Charger.
I've got a few suggestions (pardon me if I can't keep my temper under control)
Do a retro design. Do not make the next Charger a grocery getter. The Charger is a muscle car, not a luxury car with a big engine..that's what Chrysler's 300C is for.
1) Stretch it out a little, and get the fender and quarter panel sides smaller. (ie: Between the hood and wheel well, there should not be 24 million inches of height!)
2) GET THAT #$%(*#$% DODGE RAM FRONT END OFF OF IT. It's a CAR, not a TRUCK!
3) Keep the coke-bottle design, but accentuate it more. The Not-A-Charger only has the slightest hint of the coke-bottle..bring it out some more.
4) They got the engine and drive-train right..don't change that (other than making a bigger engine). Like I've said before..they finally got an engine and drivetrain worthy of the name Charger, but they wrapped it in poop!.
5) Make an available stick-shift (Hurst, of course
). I know the bees-knees is an automatic Charger, but some of us still like to slam through the gears on our own 
Incidentally, since I belong to the Charger board, I'd be more than happy to dredge up the old threads. Some of the guys on there had some really nice (and realistic) designs for a new Charger. In fact, I could put you in touch with some of the guys over there who know their stuff.
Oh..and pipe-dream suggestion: Remember the 1999 Charger concept? Yeah..build that. I'll buy two of 'em. I mean it.
I've got a few suggestions (pardon me if I can't keep my temper under control)
Do a retro design. Do not make the next Charger a grocery getter. The Charger is a muscle car, not a luxury car with a big engine..that's what Chrysler's 300C is for.
1) Stretch it out a little, and get the fender and quarter panel sides smaller. (ie: Between the hood and wheel well, there should not be 24 million inches of height!)
2) GET THAT #$%(*#$% DODGE RAM FRONT END OFF OF IT. It's a CAR, not a TRUCK!
3) Keep the coke-bottle design, but accentuate it more. The Not-A-Charger only has the slightest hint of the coke-bottle..bring it out some more.
4) They got the engine and drive-train right..don't change that (other than making a bigger engine). Like I've said before..they finally got an engine and drivetrain worthy of the name Charger, but they wrapped it in poop!.
5) Make an available stick-shift (Hurst, of course
Incidentally, since I belong to the Charger board, I'd be more than happy to dredge up the old threads. Some of the guys on there had some really nice (and realistic) designs for a new Charger. In fact, I could put you in touch with some of the guys over there who know their stuff.
Oh..and pipe-dream suggestion: Remember the 1999 Charger concept? Yeah..build that. I'll buy two of 'em. I mean it.
Last edited by Zentelis on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
[quote=""Zentelis""]wtf? Your uncle is Trevor Creed?[/quote]
Nah he is Mark D. Hall. He may not be the head of the team like he was on the last one, but he is working on it that much I know.
Nah he is Mark D. Hall. He may not be the head of the team like he was on the last one, but he is working on it that much I know.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- bosoxvr420
- Posts: 4129
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:32 am
- Location: O-high-O
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
Well besides the fact it should be a 2 door...get rid of that gaudy Dodge front end, make a better interior, and an optional stick shift.
I got the midas touch when it comes to rollin shit up
[quote=""caitypie""]how many ppl does this one hold?[/quote]
[quote=""bosoxvr420""]Same as ur vag[/quote]
[quote=""caitypie""]how many ppl does this one hold?[/quote]
[quote=""bosoxvr420""]Same as ur vag[/quote]
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
[quote=""Zentelis""]wtf? Your uncle is Trevor Creed? He was the lead designer of that cluster-fuck they call a Charger.
I've got a few suggestions (pardon me if I can't keep my temper under control)
Do a retro design. Do not make the next Charger a grocery getter. The Charger is a muscle car, not a luxury car with a big engine..that's what Chrysler's 300C is for.
1) Stretch it out a little, and get the fender and quarter panel sides smaller. (ie: Between the hood and wheel well, there should not be 24 million inches of height!)
2) GET THAT #$%(*#$% DODGE RAM FROM END OFF OF IT. It's a CAR, not a TRUCK!
3) Keep the coke-bottle design, but accentuate it more. The Not-A-Charger only has the slightest hint of the coke-bottle..bring it out some more.
4) They got the engine and drive-train right..don't change that (other than making a bigger engine). Like I've said before..they finally got an engine and drivetrain worthy of the name Charger, but they wrapped it in poop!.
5) Make an available stick-shift (Hurst, of course
). I know the bees-knees is an automatic Charger, but some of us still like to slam through the gears on our own 
Incidentally, since I belong to the Charger board, I'd be more than happy to dredge up the old threads. Some of the guys on there had some really nice (and realistic) designs for a new Charger. In fact, I could put you in touch with some of the guys over there who know their stuff.
Oh..and pipe-dream suggestion: Remember the 1999 Charger concept? Yeah..build that. I'll buy two of 'em. I mean it.[/quote]
How come Trevor Creeds name is not on the patent? Thats neither here nor there thou. That 1999 Charger concept, yeah my uncle helped design that too. If this is the one you are talking about. http://www.google.com/patents?id=Y7AZAA ... obile+body
I've got a few suggestions (pardon me if I can't keep my temper under control)
Do a retro design. Do not make the next Charger a grocery getter. The Charger is a muscle car, not a luxury car with a big engine..that's what Chrysler's 300C is for.
1) Stretch it out a little, and get the fender and quarter panel sides smaller. (ie: Between the hood and wheel well, there should not be 24 million inches of height!)
2) GET THAT #$%(*#$% DODGE RAM FROM END OFF OF IT. It's a CAR, not a TRUCK!
3) Keep the coke-bottle design, but accentuate it more. The Not-A-Charger only has the slightest hint of the coke-bottle..bring it out some more.
4) They got the engine and drive-train right..don't change that (other than making a bigger engine). Like I've said before..they finally got an engine and drivetrain worthy of the name Charger, but they wrapped it in poop!.
5) Make an available stick-shift (Hurst, of course
Incidentally, since I belong to the Charger board, I'd be more than happy to dredge up the old threads. Some of the guys on there had some really nice (and realistic) designs for a new Charger. In fact, I could put you in touch with some of the guys over there who know their stuff.
Oh..and pipe-dream suggestion: Remember the 1999 Charger concept? Yeah..build that. I'll buy two of 'em. I mean it.[/quote]
How come Trevor Creeds name is not on the patent? Thats neither here nor there thou. That 1999 Charger concept, yeah my uncle helped design that too. If this is the one you are talking about. http://www.google.com/patents?id=Y7AZAA ... obile+body

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- Scopata_Fuori
- Posts: 3414
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:15 pm
- Location: East Coast
- Contact:
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
Two doors.
A Charger should not have four doors. Period.
A Charger should not have four doors. Period.
"Some guys look good in Armani. Some in a ball gag. Too bad they have to open their mouths, to tell the difference." ~~Claudia Balzac
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
[quote=""aaronatstate""]How come Trevor Creeds name is not on the patent? Thats neither here nor there thou. That 1999 Charger concept, yeah my uncle helped design that too. If this is the one you are talking about. http://www.google.com/patents?id=Y7AZAA ... obile+body[/quote]
I just sent you a long PM
(I'm really really passionate about the Charger)
Trevor was VP of Design at the time the not-a-charger was built (he may still be, I'm not sure). In the press releases, he was the one who guided the design.
They needed to wrap it around that 300 frame..ok, i can understand that..you need to keep costs down..hell, even the Coronet and Charger were on the same frame back in the day.
The problem is that what they wrapped around that frame was very disappointing from an enthusiast point of view.
What they put IN the frame (the big-ass hemi and a pavement chewing gear-box) was NOT disappointing. I'd probably have one right now if the thing didn't look like a truck with an identity crisis.
The nose was too stubby (not to mention the cross-hair Ram grill...it's a freakin' truck grill for cryin' out loud!..and if you couldn't tell, that's my biggest pet peeve with that design).
The trunk was also too stubby..but again, that's because they were limited by the 300 frame.
4-doors didn't bother my as much as a lot of the other folks..4-doors is all for marketing, i understand that..you need to hit that target market. The 2-door muscle car market is not going to make Dodge any money.
The coke-bottle design was only "hinted" at in the c-pillar's..that was one of the huge attractions of the original Charger..it was revolutionary at the time and caught people's attention. Bring that coke-bottle design out and into the public's eye! Slam it in their face! You want people to look at that car and say "Holy shit, that's a Charger!"
I liked the current designs aggressive headlights..but, again, that grill just ruins it.
If your uncle designed the '99, I'd like to shake his hand. That is a beautiful car..and had they built that one, I'd already own one. I'm not just saying that, either..I really would buy a Charger if it looked like the '99 concept. That car was aggressive, it had a low muscular stance, just like the original. The c-pillars had a far more distinctive coke-bottle look than the production version has. The rear-end looked like they took a '69 and ran it through a future-enhancer! There was no mistaking that rear-end for anything except a Charger.
But the production version? When you see the rear-end of that thing, you can't tell if it's a Charger or a 300. That's just not right.
The Charger's name-sake has a lot of potential to bring attention to the Dodge name. People remember Chargers, Mustangs, Camaro's, Goats, etc.
Pontiac brought back the GTO..it failed..why? Because it looked like a Grand-Am. It was aimed at the retired nostalgic market..but the nostalgic market wants some nostalgia! They want their old Goat back.
Ford released the retro mustang and that thing sells like hot-cakes! Hell, even I'd buy one, because it reminds me of the muscle car years! And I wasn't even around!
ok..wow..I guess I'm a little TOO passionate. But I seriously don't think they couldn't go wrong with either a production version of the '99 concept, or a retro design that matches the 2nd gen Charger (the most recognizable of the early generations).
btw..tell your uncle he did an awesome job with the '99 concept. I saw it in person once and just stared at it for 20 minutes until I had to leave. That car was awe-inspiring.
I just sent you a long PM
Trevor was VP of Design at the time the not-a-charger was built (he may still be, I'm not sure). In the press releases, he was the one who guided the design.
They needed to wrap it around that 300 frame..ok, i can understand that..you need to keep costs down..hell, even the Coronet and Charger were on the same frame back in the day.
The problem is that what they wrapped around that frame was very disappointing from an enthusiast point of view.
What they put IN the frame (the big-ass hemi and a pavement chewing gear-box) was NOT disappointing. I'd probably have one right now if the thing didn't look like a truck with an identity crisis.
The nose was too stubby (not to mention the cross-hair Ram grill...it's a freakin' truck grill for cryin' out loud!..and if you couldn't tell, that's my biggest pet peeve with that design).
The trunk was also too stubby..but again, that's because they were limited by the 300 frame.
4-doors didn't bother my as much as a lot of the other folks..4-doors is all for marketing, i understand that..you need to hit that target market. The 2-door muscle car market is not going to make Dodge any money.
The coke-bottle design was only "hinted" at in the c-pillar's..that was one of the huge attractions of the original Charger..it was revolutionary at the time and caught people's attention. Bring that coke-bottle design out and into the public's eye! Slam it in their face! You want people to look at that car and say "Holy shit, that's a Charger!"
I liked the current designs aggressive headlights..but, again, that grill just ruins it.
If your uncle designed the '99, I'd like to shake his hand. That is a beautiful car..and had they built that one, I'd already own one. I'm not just saying that, either..I really would buy a Charger if it looked like the '99 concept. That car was aggressive, it had a low muscular stance, just like the original. The c-pillars had a far more distinctive coke-bottle look than the production version has. The rear-end looked like they took a '69 and ran it through a future-enhancer! There was no mistaking that rear-end for anything except a Charger.
But the production version? When you see the rear-end of that thing, you can't tell if it's a Charger or a 300. That's just not right.
The Charger's name-sake has a lot of potential to bring attention to the Dodge name. People remember Chargers, Mustangs, Camaro's, Goats, etc.
Pontiac brought back the GTO..it failed..why? Because it looked like a Grand-Am. It was aimed at the retired nostalgic market..but the nostalgic market wants some nostalgia! They want their old Goat back.
Ford released the retro mustang and that thing sells like hot-cakes! Hell, even I'd buy one, because it reminds me of the muscle car years! And I wasn't even around!
ok..wow..I guess I'm a little TOO passionate. But I seriously don't think they couldn't go wrong with either a production version of the '99 concept, or a retro design that matches the 2nd gen Charger (the most recognizable of the early generations).
btw..tell your uncle he did an awesome job with the '99 concept. I saw it in person once and just stared at it for 20 minutes until I had to leave. That car was awe-inspiring.
Last edited by Zentelis on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
Wasnt the 99 concept actually a 4 door as well? I think you can even see it in the patent drawings.

Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
[quote=""stealthee""]Wasnt the 99 concept actually a 4 door as well? I think you can even see it in the patent drawings.[/quote]
yes, it is. Personally, 4-doors doesn't bother me. But if you look at the '99's doors, the rear doors are very well hidden. Most of the folks on the Charger board didn't even care that the '99 had 4-doors because they blended in so well and the car looked awesome.
yes, it is. Personally, 4-doors doesn't bother me. But if you look at the '99's doors, the rear doors are very well hidden. Most of the folks on the Charger board didn't even care that the '99 had 4-doors because they blended in so well and the car looked awesome.
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
[quote=""stealthee""]Wasnt the 99 concept actually a 4 door as well? I think you can even see it in the patent drawings.[/quote]
It was a 4-door like the RX-8 is a 4-door.
Replied Zent.
It was a 4-door like the RX-8 is a 4-door.
Replied Zent.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
-
JagdStealth
- Posts: 11702
- Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:58 pm
- Location: San Diego, TEXAFORNIA!
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
Never gonna happen. It'll be a revamped 4dr monstrosity like it is now. Chrysler is out of money and out of options, they aren't going to get it by selling a Mercedes CL style car. The charger really is just a really big, large engined overpriced car. It was a little expensive and a little useless (big 2dr coupes have no real usefulness for most people), Sadly, it's not what Chrysler needs right now.
It would be nice if they could make it a little more "charger-esque". The Charger is really Chryslers answer to GMs "new" GTO. new GTO looks nothing like the original, it's just the same idea. Big car, big engine...only the GTO kept the 2dr love alive at least.
It would be nice if they could make it a little more "charger-esque". The Charger is really Chryslers answer to GMs "new" GTO. new GTO looks nothing like the original, it's just the same idea. Big car, big engine...only the GTO kept the 2dr love alive at least.
-Mike


Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
It'll probably be a revamped 4-door, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a monstrosity. The concept wasn't =)
There were some artists that came up with classic Charger designs that were literally designed around the 300 frame. Some of 'em basically photoshopped the not-a-charger. Some of the stuff they came up with was really nice and had a lot more styling cues of the 2nd gens than what it has now.
And none of 'em had truck grills
There were some artists that came up with classic Charger designs that were literally designed around the 300 frame. Some of 'em basically photoshopped the not-a-charger. Some of the stuff they came up with was really nice and had a lot more styling cues of the 2nd gens than what it has now.
And none of 'em had truck grills
- EvilNCarnate
- Posts: 7844
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
- Location: Springfield MO
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
[quote=""Zentelis""]It'll probably be a revamped 4-door, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a monstrosity. The concept wasn't =)
There were some artists that came up with classic Charger designs that were literally designed around the 300 frame. Some of 'em basically photoshopped the not-a-charger. Some of the stuff they came up with was really nice and had a lot more styling cues of the 2nd gens than what it has now.
And none of 'em had truck grills
[/quote]
I have to agree with everything Zent has said so far. The concept was sweet. I remember drooling, as I am with the Camaro and as I did with the Mustang. Hell the first time I have ever went to buy a car on impulse was the redesigned mustang. Started out on the lot looking at the 05 then went to the 07's. Only reason I am not driving it is because they wouldnt get me the package I wanted and I decided to wait for the Camaro to come out. So far GM is making the concept camaro into the production camaro with very few changes along the way. If Dodge would have done the same they would be selling Chargers hand over fist and making some fast money. Fact is they killed the damn thing. It looks like a total pile.
4 doors or not the body is UGLY. I understand the marketing and the fact you have to sell the car to the target audience but it seems there target audience was retarded. That grill has always been a HUGE turnoff to me. I think Charger I think vertical bars looking waiting to get your carcass stuck in them, not some dumb ass "look at me im a ram, lets haul something" sectioned grill. Having a large passenger compartment is all well and good but the original also brought the compartment to the rear with more finess and styling. The new one looks like a damn bubble, gets some angle in there and then fix that ass, put it on a diet and make the exhaust tips something better. Same damn dual, 2.5" round tip every car has now.
Zent, the GTO, no fucking kidding man, lets not even get started on that piece of shit. What a waste of horsepower. Slapped a v8 in a grand am, put a body kit on it, made it rwd and shipped it out the door. Waste of fucking metal and aluminum if you ask me.
There were some artists that came up with classic Charger designs that were literally designed around the 300 frame. Some of 'em basically photoshopped the not-a-charger. Some of the stuff they came up with was really nice and had a lot more styling cues of the 2nd gens than what it has now.
And none of 'em had truck grills
I have to agree with everything Zent has said so far. The concept was sweet. I remember drooling, as I am with the Camaro and as I did with the Mustang. Hell the first time I have ever went to buy a car on impulse was the redesigned mustang. Started out on the lot looking at the 05 then went to the 07's. Only reason I am not driving it is because they wouldnt get me the package I wanted and I decided to wait for the Camaro to come out. So far GM is making the concept camaro into the production camaro with very few changes along the way. If Dodge would have done the same they would be selling Chargers hand over fist and making some fast money. Fact is they killed the damn thing. It looks like a total pile.
4 doors or not the body is UGLY. I understand the marketing and the fact you have to sell the car to the target audience but it seems there target audience was retarded. That grill has always been a HUGE turnoff to me. I think Charger I think vertical bars looking waiting to get your carcass stuck in them, not some dumb ass "look at me im a ram, lets haul something" sectioned grill. Having a large passenger compartment is all well and good but the original also brought the compartment to the rear with more finess and styling. The new one looks like a damn bubble, gets some angle in there and then fix that ass, put it on a diet and make the exhaust tips something better. Same damn dual, 2.5" round tip every car has now.
Zent, the GTO, no fucking kidding man, lets not even get started on that piece of shit. What a waste of horsepower. Slapped a v8 in a grand am, put a body kit on it, made it rwd and shipped it out the door. Waste of fucking metal and aluminum if you ask me.
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
There are legit reasons why the made the Charger the way they did; they didn't set out just to dick every charger lover over. I know you don't agree with a lot of them, but they wanted to market the car to everyone from the mom to the dad to the kid looking to make one fast. Chrysler just wasn't and still isn't in a position to make a highly specialized sports car with two doors and a stick; how is that a versatile car?
Still.. the SRT-8 Charger still looks bad ass.
Now the Challenger on the other hand, that looks amazzzzinng, much better than the Camaro imo... ::runs and hides::.
Still.. the SRT-8 Charger still looks bad ass.
Now the Challenger on the other hand, that looks amazzzzinng, much better than the Camaro imo... ::runs and hides::.

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
agree with everything zent has said too.
needs a manual behind the 6.1 (bump it up a bit too. 6.6 maybe?)
t56 please.
needs a manual behind the 6.1 (bump it up a bit too. 6.6 maybe?)
t56 please.
DOGE
- EvilNCarnate
- Posts: 7844
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
- Location: Springfield MO
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
[quote=""Chris95RT""]
Now the Challenger CONCEPT on the other hand, that looks amazzzzinng, much better than the Camaro imo... ::runs and hides::.[/quote]
Put a key word in there for you. Lets remember, the Charger concept looked sweet too, and look what they did with that. Dodge wont let us down, they will once again completely screw the adoring public and make a pig out of their concept car. Chevy on the other hand, they are already creating working models. Now if the production looks like the concept then I will have a hard time deciding which car to get, guess I'll just have to test drive the hell out of them.
Now the Challenger CONCEPT on the other hand, that looks amazzzzinng, much better than the Camaro imo... ::runs and hides::.[/quote]
Put a key word in there for you. Lets remember, the Charger concept looked sweet too, and look what they did with that. Dodge wont let us down, they will once again completely screw the adoring public and make a pig out of their concept car. Chevy on the other hand, they are already creating working models. Now if the production looks like the concept then I will have a hard time deciding which car to get, guess I'll just have to test drive the hell out of them.
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
[quote=""EvilNCarnate""]Put a key word in there for you. Lets remember, the Charger concept looked sweet too, and look what they did with that. Dodge wont let us down, they will once again completely screw the adoring public and make a pig out of their concept car. Chevy on the other hand, they are already creating working models. Now if the production looks like the concept then I will have a hard time deciding which car to get, guess I'll just have to test drive the hell out of them.[/quote]
My guess is Dodge has a working model of the Challenger already since they will be unveiling the production model in approx a month at the Chicago Auto Show. Also they are releasing a Challenger SRT-8 limited edition model soon too.
I will be sure to talk with my Uncle about all of this tell him what the masses think!
My guess is Dodge has a working model of the Challenger already since they will be unveiling the production model in approx a month at the Chicago Auto Show. Also they are releasing a Challenger SRT-8 limited edition model soon too.
I will be sure to talk with my Uncle about all of this tell him what the masses think!

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- BleedScarlet
- Posts: 10170
- Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:18 pm
- Location: In your pants, if you'll let me.
- Contact:
Re: Uncle is doing the new design for the Dodge Charger, any suggestions?
[quote=""Zentelis""]wtf? Your uncle is Trevor Creed? He was the lead designer of that cluster-fuck they call a Charger.
I've got a few suggestions (pardon me if I can't keep my temper under control)
Do a retro design. Do not make the next Charger a grocery getter. The Charger is a muscle car, not a luxury car with a big engine..that's what Chrysler's 300C is for.
1) Stretch it out a little, and get the fender and quarter panel sides smaller. (ie: Between the hood and wheel well, there should not be 24 million inches of height!)
2) GET THAT #$%(*#$% DODGE RAM FRONT END OFF OF IT. It's a CAR, not a TRUCK!
3) Keep the coke-bottle design, but accentuate it more. The Not-A-Charger only has the slightest hint of the coke-bottle..bring it out some more.
4) They got the engine and drive-train right..don't change that (other than making a bigger engine). Like I've said before..they finally got an engine and drivetrain worthy of the name Charger, but they wrapped it in poop!.
5) Make an available stick-shift (Hurst, of course
). I know the bees-knees is an automatic Charger, but some of us still like to slam through the gears on our own 
Incidentally, since I belong to the Charger board, I'd be more than happy to dredge up the old threads. Some of the guys on there had some really nice (and realistic) designs for a new Charger. In fact, I could put you in touch with some of the guys over there who know their stuff.
Oh..and pipe-dream suggestion: Remember the 1999 Charger concept? Yeah..build that. I'll buy two of 'em. I mean it.[/quote]
YES
FUCK MOTHERFUCKING YES
[quote=""Scopata_Fuori""]Two doors.
A Charger should not have four doors. Period.[/quote]
QFT^^^
[quote=""aaronatstate""]My guess is Dodge has a working model of the Challenger already since they will be unveiling the production model in approx a month at the Chicago Auto Show. Also they are releasing a Challenger SRT-8 limited edition model soon too.
I will be sure to talk with my Uncle about all of this tell him what the masses think![/quote]
If the challenger looks any kind of a defecation on the original like the charger is, I'll just fucking never buy a dodge ever fucking again. The challenger is one of my favorite cars, and all these "new-old" cars are literally defecations on the past.
They take all the bad aspects of old cars and the bad aspects of new cars, and combine them to make these monstrous curvy pieces of crap.
This is what it should look like:

I've got a few suggestions (pardon me if I can't keep my temper under control)
Do a retro design. Do not make the next Charger a grocery getter. The Charger is a muscle car, not a luxury car with a big engine..that's what Chrysler's 300C is for.
1) Stretch it out a little, and get the fender and quarter panel sides smaller. (ie: Between the hood and wheel well, there should not be 24 million inches of height!)
2) GET THAT #$%(*#$% DODGE RAM FRONT END OFF OF IT. It's a CAR, not a TRUCK!
3) Keep the coke-bottle design, but accentuate it more. The Not-A-Charger only has the slightest hint of the coke-bottle..bring it out some more.
4) They got the engine and drive-train right..don't change that (other than making a bigger engine). Like I've said before..they finally got an engine and drivetrain worthy of the name Charger, but they wrapped it in poop!.
5) Make an available stick-shift (Hurst, of course
Incidentally, since I belong to the Charger board, I'd be more than happy to dredge up the old threads. Some of the guys on there had some really nice (and realistic) designs for a new Charger. In fact, I could put you in touch with some of the guys over there who know their stuff.
Oh..and pipe-dream suggestion: Remember the 1999 Charger concept? Yeah..build that. I'll buy two of 'em. I mean it.[/quote]
YES
FUCK MOTHERFUCKING YES
[quote=""Scopata_Fuori""]Two doors.
A Charger should not have four doors. Period.[/quote]
QFT^^^
[quote=""aaronatstate""]My guess is Dodge has a working model of the Challenger already since they will be unveiling the production model in approx a month at the Chicago Auto Show. Also they are releasing a Challenger SRT-8 limited edition model soon too.
I will be sure to talk with my Uncle about all of this tell him what the masses think![/quote]
If the challenger looks any kind of a defecation on the original like the charger is, I'll just fucking never buy a dodge ever fucking again. The challenger is one of my favorite cars, and all these "new-old" cars are literally defecations on the past.
They take all the bad aspects of old cars and the bad aspects of new cars, and combine them to make these monstrous curvy pieces of crap.
This is what it should look like:

-Avi
On the Internet they say, "You never get this! You never get this!" But then one day they all met in Cali and they get this.