Page 1 of 1

GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:44 am
by GTO Assassin
Here is the production line of the new GT-R as it is being built. I wish I had their jobs for just one day. :icon23:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIh0WwFvEuI

Scotty

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:06 pm
by Dark-Hawk
Damn cool to see them still pretty much making them by hand! The more I see that car, the more I love it. I'd rep you for the video, but it says I have to spread some love hah.

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:15 pm
by GTO Assassin
It's awesome right. It's funny watching those guys just building such an awesome car like it's their job (which it is) but picture me, or Nick or yourself. I know I'd get bugger all work done.
"Piss off! You drove the last one round. It's my turn". :lol:

Scotty

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:22 pm
by Hannibalzero
Pretty friggin cool. But is anyone else surprised that the put the hood on so early?

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:38 pm
by Jeff V.
Pretty friggin cool. But is anyone else surprised that the put the hood on so early?
Not really. Most cars with metal hoods are built like that so the whole thing goes through the paint booth at the same time. You'll notice the only exterior parts that aren't on the car at that point are the plastic parts. They go through a separate paint process.

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:41 pm
by TajMan
Yeah, totally amazed how much was being done by hand, as to bodywork etc on a brand new Nissan! Very cool stuff, so see anything in that body we can start hacking up to save weight? :D

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:04 pm
by Jeff V.
Yeah, totally amazed how much was being done by hand, as to bodywork etc on a brand new Nissan!
Watch Ultimate Factories: BMW on the National Geographic channel. They do the same kind of stuff for a Z4.

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:18 pm
by Jeremy C
Just don't watch the Z06 factory one, it was embarrassing.

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:29 pm
by J-Groove
That was awesome! Great find Scotty. :D

-John

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:52 pm
by Macky
Id love to get one if I had the money

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:32 pm
by Monster Stealth
Can you say best job ever! I dont care what it pays, you get to build, drive, and work on the new GT-R's all day long. Hell, I wouldnt even go home.

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:25 am
by synergytheory
[quote=""GTO Assassin""]It's awesome right. It's funny watching those guys just building such an awesome car like it's their job (which it is) but picture me, or Nick or yourself. I know I'd get bugger all work done.
"Piss off! You drove the last one round. It's my turn". :lol:

Scotty[/quote]

:lol: you'd see half built GT-R's flogging around Japan.

I seen this video before, I was also surprised by all the hand work on them. I know the engines are all hand built, didn't realize so much went into the body etc.

Some more GT-R tid bits :D

Mine's and HKS already have their GT-R's and are busy modding.

http://www.nagtroc.com/forums/Mine-s-GT ... 20701.html

Apparently the GT-R, totally stock, around the Tsukuba race track...again beat the z06 time. This track doesnt not fair well for high powered cars though, but still impressive nonetheless.

Also, back to the 'ring. Famous driver Horst von Saurma from the magazine sport auto drove the GT-R around the 'ring and did a 7:50 on a partially wet track. Stock tyres.

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:33 am
by moffman93'
they left out the most interesting part of the process with the engine and drivetrain transplant :(

Re: GT-R production line

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:11 pm
by Flamer
alot of installation by hand
impressed