Page 1 of 1

the invisible boost leak

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:09 am
by moffman93'
Ok so i did a pressure test on my car today with garrett, and i found 2 leaks. One on my gangsta ass MBC(which i fixed). and another is coming from what sounds like the drivers side near the master cylinder area. From outside the car, its audible but not too bad, from inside the car its loud as hell at anything above 6psi. We didnt bring it up past 12psi at most and it was very loud. The odd thing is, we couldn't find it, from inside or outside, we couldnt feel the leak coming from anything. Has anybody else had this leak? Where should I look?

Re: the invisible boost leak

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:53 am
by DCIV
aftermarket boost gauge?


Coop

Re: the invisible boost leak

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:55 am
by vr4
clutch booster. check to make sure the check valve is where its supposed to be and the line is on the right way.

Re: the invisible boost leak

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:53 am
by moffman93'
o i dont have a check valve god dammit knew that was the problem but no one listened to me lol. thanks.

Re: the invisible boost leak

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:34 am
by Monochrome
Unfix your MBC. It NEEDS that hole to vent pressure in order to work properly.

Re: the invisible boost leak

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:38 pm
by moffman93'
? the only problem with my MBC was I had like 3 hoses cause i didnt have 1 that was long enough. The connections between them werent tight so i just made one long one that fits fine. MBC is fine, I just need a check valve. I knew it was the problem.

Re: the invisible boost leak

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:56 pm
by Dark-Hawk
[quote=""Monochrome""]Unfix your MBC. It NEEDS that hole to vent pressure in order to work properly.[/quote]
I don't think he was talking about the little hole on the MBC, I think he's saying one of the lines had a leak.

Re: the invisible boost leak

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:34 am
by vroom4
[quote=""Dark-Hawk""]I don't think he was talking about the little hole on the MBC, I think he's saying one of the lines had a leak.[/quote]

Na he had it all ghetto tied together so I fixed her up.

I, not he.

Moff wouldve duct taped it .

Re: the invisible boost leak

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:42 am
by moffman93'
haha garrett dont make me start talking about your intercooler balancing hose haha.

Re: the invisible boost leak

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:58 am
by vroom4
:eek: lowblow :o