Page 1 of 1

How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:20 pm
by ChargerX3
Interested in what you all carry in your vehicle as tools. I've come to find that I usually only need this for about 90% of my cars interaction, or when I head into the junk yard.

I used to take larger toolboxes, mostly full of stuff I dont need. Now i strap this on my belt and dont wear myself out. I also dont bring my nice stuff as it has a habbit of walking off or getting left behind. :(

What is your setup?

Image


Image

Re: How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:29 pm
by Duck Vader
Nothing at the moment. Used to carry a full mechanic tool set, air pump, straps, bungies, etc when I daily the jeeps. Nothing other than a screw driver in the truck for now.

Re: How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:35 pm
by Jeff V.
I've got a Craftsman shoulder bag for when I make a planned trip. I don't have a permanent traveling tool kit. I need to sort out my tools and build a couple of discreet sets for different purposes.

Re: How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:45 pm
by DCIV
I keep one of those craftsman 146 tool boxes with a couple pair of pliers when going Somewhere. Other than that I just keep one small set of 6-14mm socket set in each daily driver.


Coop

Re: How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:37 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Nothing at the moment. Used to carry a full mechanic tool set, air pump, straps, bungies, etc when I daily the jeeps. Nothing other than a screw driver in the truck for now.[/quote]
Yikes. Might try and assemble a set as older cars tend to break down more often.

[quote=""Jeff V.""]I've got a Craftsman shoulder bag for when I make a planned trip. I don't have a permanent traveling tool kit. I need to sort out my tools and build a couple of discreet sets for different purposes.[/quote]
Yea I used to be the same way and just got tired of carrying stuff I wasn’t using. I keep more tools in the truck but when I head into the yard this is all I bring. I feel sorry for those guys who bring in all their nice tools and have to wheelbarrow them around.

[quote=""DCIV""]I keep one of those craftsman 146 tool boxes with a couple pair of pliers when going Somewhere. Other than that I just keep one small set of 6-14mm socket set in each daily driver.


Coop[/quote]

That’s a good start. You ever hit up junk yards regularly?

Re: How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:39 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""ChargerX3""]

That’s a good start. You ever hit up junk yards regularly?[/quote]

None really local. Only one an hour away. I keep an eye on it and have some reminders for 3.8’s but only been once to get something but it was easy.

I usually need tools to fix on the fly.


Coop

Re: How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:53 pm
by Duck Vader
I used to. Just haven't set one up again

Re: How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:57 pm
by Chris GTO TT
We just have an emergency roadside kit and the factory tool kit in our cars.

Re: How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:21 am
by Monochrome
I was bored and waiting for parts to arrive in the mail when I filmed this. The tool box was a birthday gift. It has 5 boxes that all stack and lock together. I have it organized so that tools needed for travel are in the smaller bins.

https://youtu.be/stGV4FBKwfk

Re: How do you carry...your tools.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:55 am
by tabasco122
I made a small tool box with basic stuff for each vehicle, i carry the forester one when i go to junkyards, but i plan on replacing it with a backpack later.