Page 1 of 1

Trim paint

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:25 pm
by DCIV
Anyone paint that part on the hatch that’s a different shade than the body? Mine is horrible, I’ve seen some do it with spray cans!? Does it even look that good in person? Anyone know the color code? Clear after?


Coop

Re: Trim paint

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:49 pm
by ChargerX3
Mask off and apply a satin black spray paint

Re: Trim paint

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:14 pm
by DCIV
Was it satin black? Primer? Any wet sand prep?


Coop

Re: Trim paint

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:58 pm
by ChargerX3
Took a light scotch pad to it first to roughy it up. Then laid 2-3 coats of satin black paint. Think it was Rust-Oleum last time I did it. Worked out great. Works awesome for the front wiper arms and lower cowl piece.

Re: Trim paint

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:46 pm
by Chris GTO TT
After sanding with the scotch pad I'd wipe it down with a prepaint wipe of some sort

Re: Trim paint

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:07 am
by Monochrome
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]After sanding with the scotch pad I'd wipe it down with a prepaint wipe of some sort[/quote]

Yeah you want to try and degrease this area. Years of who knows what kind of wax, tree sap or whatever elements are in there.

Re: Trim paint

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:40 am
by DCIV
I have something that I use for powder coating that will take off everything. This spot has bugged me for far too long.


Coop