Page 1 of 1

Keyless entry

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:53 pm
by DCIV
This is on my crv, I had installed an aftermarket keyless entry/remote start/hatch pop. Well prob about a year ago it quit working. Well you can hear a relay when you push unlock, you can manually unlock and lock the doors with the door switch, but nothing happens.

It’s t a big deal till I started carrying our car seat and it’s a pain now. Any idea what would cause the relay to work but not do it’s job?


Coop

Re: Keyless entry

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:36 pm
by Jeff V.
Just because it's clicking doesn't mean it's working. Get a meter and test it.

Re: Keyless entry

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:03 pm
by DCIV
You know I really will not do that. I would rather replace it, not having any idea if good or bad. I really don’t understand that stuff.

But that was at least a direction to go! Thank you.


Coop