The Stealth Is Back!!!

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

User avatar
Hans_GZP
Posts: 6611
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Hans_GZP »

After 12 years of hearing my friends say that it will never run again... well, it does. I've been driving it all week. Hoping to get it on the dyno soon to dial it in. But, it's a lot of fun to drive. It now has some 16T turbos, chrome ecu, 550cc injectors, walbro 255 pump, upgraded clutch (I forget what I put in there), Tein coilovers with electronic adjustment, and a bunch of other supporting mods. It handles the best it ever has (partially due to a new steering rack and poly bushings). I'm in love all over again. But, now it's time to put it up for sale as soon as it's dialed in. I've got a VR4 to build for myself and I can't keep both. So, I'll have to say good-bye after having the car since 2001/2?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
First to 184 million :lol:
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Jeff V. »

I can't make up my mind if I like that color or not. It looks really well done though.

What are the plans for the VR4?
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by DCIV »

Wait....you built this one to sell it because you have another one to build for yourself?! I'm so confused. Why didn't you just build this one for yourself.

And I'm with jeff. The color looks well done but I just don't like it.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
vegasidol
Founding Members
Founding Members
Posts: 21751
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:52 am
Location: KCMO

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by vegasidol »

I do like it. It's damn unique. :highfive:
Image
Whenever you use forceful and overt verbal persuasion to try to convince others to see things your way, they're probably not listening to what you say, Instead they're looking for every error in you your logic and mistakes in your facts, all the while constructing counterarguments. Worse still, they don't merely believe you're wrong; they need you to be wrong in order to protect the status quo. And since the final judge exists in their own head, you lose every time. - The Influencer
Is the level of bullshit you have to go through to change things in a direction you want, less than than or equal than the level of current bullshit?
User avatar
Hans_GZP
Posts: 6611
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Hans_GZP »

[quote=""Jeff V.""]I can't make up my mind if I like that color or not. It looks really well done though.

What are the plans for the VR4?[/quote]

I got the satin blue vr4 Stas was going to build. Full carbon fiber widebody (not the big judgement kit), stoptech brakes, etc.

Link to the album from pictures that Stas took. https://goo.gl/photos/XvgJGZCy67Ctm6Xh8

Image
First to 184 million :lol:
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Jeff V. »

The blue car will be pretty amazing. I wanted to do a rebuild like that on the Spyder, but I knew if I did, I've be driving a Mitsubishi for the rest of my life :p
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by DCIV »

Jesus, it looks like it's just ready to go back together! I figured that would have been a week job for you guys.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6463
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by BillyC »

I kinda like it. It reminds me of 70's Ford Pee Green.
User avatar
Hans_GZP
Posts: 6611
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Hans_GZP »

Blue car is missing the full drivetrain and interior. Along with all of the glass, rear spoiler, and someone stole the brake calipers and brackets while it was at IPS. I already have a fully built transmission for it, all of the engine components to put together a built 3.1 liter engine, etc. All I really need is fuel system, engine management, and brake calipers.

Image
First to 184 million :lol:
User avatar
Hans_GZP
Posts: 6611
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Hans_GZP »

[quote=""Jeff V.""]The blue car will be pretty amazing. I wanted to do a rebuild like that on the Spyder, but I knew if I did, I've be driving a Mitsubishi for the rest of my life :p [/quote]

I also have a couple spyder VR4's that I may end up going nuts with.

Image

Image
First to 184 million :lol:
User avatar
J-Groove
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Rowlett Texas

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by J-Groove »

I am NOT a fan of green cars, but that olive green pearl makes me all happy inside.

-John
User avatar
Hans_GZP
Posts: 6611
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Hans_GZP »

I am one of the biggest green haters out there. But this color does it for me.
First to 184 million :lol:
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by DCIV »

Hanz....what's a true frame off paint job like that cost. Not joking, I've always said when my car has a garage I would get it a real paint job and now I need to know what that sort of thing cost.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Hans_GZP
Posts: 6611
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Hans_GZP »

If it's a full disassemble/reassemble job, you won't be paying less than $6k to get it done. Realistic cost is around 8-10k.
First to 184 million :lol:
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by DCIV »

If it came to you totally took apart and just wanted everything prepped and painted and then sent back not put together, any idea?


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
stealthee
Posts: 5064
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am
Location: SWPA
Contact:

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by stealthee »

[quote=""Hans_GZP""]If it's a full disassemble/reassemble job, you won't be paying less than $6k to get it done. Realistic cost is around 8-10k.[/quote]

I don't doubt that one bit. The hours I have just into my car's teardown is insane. Granted I don't have a garage or a lift to make things a little easier but there is still just so much to do to get to that point. Then that's not even considering the cataloging and proper storage of the parts so they can go back on correctly.
Image
User avatar
Hans_GZP
Posts: 6611
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Hans_GZP »

[quote=""DCIV""]If it came to you totally took apart and just wanted everything prepped and painted and then sent back not put together, any idea?


Coop[/quote]

I wouldn't do the job
First to 184 million :lol:
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by DCIV »

Because someone else took it apart or put it together? I wasn't trying to save money...only time. Seriously that's less then people around here have quoted me so not only am I curious but interested. Obviously I don't have that much expendable income right now but it is on the to do list.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
alienviking
Posts: 10707
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by alienviking »

At first I hated that color on the Stealth. But.. it has really grown on me and now I actually like it a lot. Nice job. It looks amazing.
User avatar
Hans_GZP
Posts: 6611
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: The Stealth Is Back!!!

Post by Hans_GZP »

[quote=""DCIV""]Because someone else took it apart or put it together? I wasn't trying to save money...only time. Seriously that's less then people around here have quoted me so not only am I curious but interested. Obviously I don't have that much expendable income right now but it is on the to do list.


Coop[/quote]

It is in your best interest to get the car back fully assembled. So many things can happen when you reassemble that could cause for something to have to be repainted or fixed. I just don't want to have to deal with that, so I only accept jobs that we do from start to finish. I'm too busy not to be picky with what work I take in.
First to 184 million :lol:
Post Reply