Rear mount condensor
Moderator: Monochrome
Rear mount condensor
I miss A/C....so badly that I am going to spend a couple hundred bucks getting it back. With a rear mounted condenser and dryer. I am going to see a old local guy (who has done ac for years) and see if he can hook me up with a smaller compressor, as mine would hit my exhaust dump. Then run what I need to the back of the car.
http://www.rayeveritt.com/
Here is a place to get such that I need. Line really isnt that expensive. Yes R134 will be, but I dont care. A/C is really keeping me from enjoying my car in the summer.
Thoughts? Comments? Any help is appreciated?
Coop
http://www.rayeveritt.com/
Here is a place to get such that I need. Line really isnt that expensive. Yes R134 will be, but I dont care. A/C is really keeping me from enjoying my car in the summer.
Thoughts? Comments? Any help is appreciated?
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
Setting aside for a moment the significant fabrication challenges, how the heck are you going to get enough airflow across the condenser core?
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Rear mount condensor
Fan if need be, plus the shear amount of R134 in the system should help. Yes there will be a good bit of fabrication that has to take place. But putting the stock a/c back on would require even basically new turbos or headers, and different intercooler pipes/core. Just not feasible.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Rear mount condensor
my solution is easier 
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Rear mount condensor
your solution will not work in the middle of the summer.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
My suggestion is also simpler.



Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""DCIV""]your solution will not work in the middle of the summer.
Coop[/quote]
Lol, says who? from all the research i have done, it works pretty damn well no matter what the temperature.
Coop[/quote]
Lol, says who? from all the research i have done, it works pretty damn well no matter what the temperature.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Rear mount condensor
you said it didnt work when it was plus 90 degrees I thought. I dont have access to ice every 4 hours either. I love the idea, would love it for a tent in the summer and hooked up to a battery.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Rear mount condensor
well i used 90 degrees as an example, i didnt say it wouldnt work above that. I dont know how well it works, because i only have what ive read online, but i wouldnt knock it until i can actually test it. im working on it right now, and i wish i was finished because its hot as balls in the shed lol.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Rear mount condensor
I was making a joke anyway, its not exactly a permanant solution.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Rear mount condensor
Yeah I love it. I might make one as it has great applications. I just want a real a/c for my car. I know its not going to be easy...but minus a custom bracket, mounting everything, and running making the electrical connections work. I dont know of what else would make it too difficult. I dont want to lose my rear crash bar but I would to put a condenser back there.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Rear mount condensor
ill sell you mine for $300 at brg >_>
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Rear mount condensor
your car?
j/king.
Coop
j/king.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
http://compare.ebay.com/like/2207619675 ... 602_325002
the GM r4 looks like it will actually be very small for my application. There are some others. I am just getting ideas to talk to the A/C guy about, so I dont sound like an idiot. Then once I get what I need I can call up that first website and they can get my a list of what I need with some measurements of mine.
I have a way of making things sound easier then what they are.
Coop
the GM r4 looks like it will actually be very small for my application. There are some others. I am just getting ideas to talk to the A/C guy about, so I dont sound like an idiot. Then once I get what I need I can call up that first website and they can get my a list of what I need with some measurements of mine.
I have a way of making things sound easier then what they are.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
and yes you can get them with different belt type pulleys. Just wanted to state that before anyone got all upset.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
I do see a problem with mounting. I need to mount it so that its to the side, GM mounts theirs kind of facing forward. I knew a custom mounting bracket would be needed anyways.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
Ok talking this over with a friend...he made a good suggestion of using a smaller condenser and just putting it on the passenger side where the side mount IC was, as there is still a good bit of room. I like that idea too. Going to take the bumper off and take some measurements. Like I said, the lines are not expensive so thats not what I am worried about but keeping things as simple as possible is always a must.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Rear mount condensor
You want to keep things simple, but want to rear mount an A/C condensor? 

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Rear mount condensor
If you're really serious about reinventing the wheel, look into the C6R LeMans cars. They have rear mount AC for weight distribution purposes. Of course, they have a huge mesh condensor outlet cut into the rear of the car and NACA ducts all over to get air to the condensor in the first place...
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata