Page 37 of 38
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:42 pm
by Jeff V.
Da fuq? Yeah....that's our ex-Spyder.
Found nearly 50 yards from where she was parked.
I'm not sure whether I should find this amusing or infuriating.
Makes me wonder what he did to pop the head gasket. That engine was one of the few parts of the car that needed absolutely nothing. It ran smoother than Vira's car does, and her car runs pretty damn good given its age.
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:53 pm
by vegasidol
[quote=""Jeff V.""]
I'm not sure whether I should find this amusing or infuriating.
[/quote]
I noticed that too. Got to love it when stories get blown bigger with each retelling.
He put 20k on it. Has car show photos?
Sad.

Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:20 pm
by Silver
Awwwwww, that makes me sad.
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:21 pm
by Jeff V.
I wonder how much of the work done to date is true, and how much is bullshit embellishment to the story.
I'll bet a

that we see a part-out by Sept 1.
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:32 pm
by tabasco122
Someone donated $5 lol
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:32 pm
by dbest671
He was just inquiring about an AEM system less than two weeks ago, to the tune of $1100. I would be for helping a guy out if he NEEDED the money to live, but screw people asking for money because "dream/project car".
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:13 pm
by Jeff V.
April wrote:I would be for helping a guy out if he NEEDED the money to live
Exactly. Some of these fundraising things I see make me ill.
It's not 'crowdfunding' at that point. It's digital pan handling.

Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:27 pm
by Silver
It's almost more infuriating than people with gofundmes for sex change operations.
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:22 pm
by tabasco122
[quote=""Silver""]It's almost more infuriating than people with gofundmes for sex change operations.[/quote]
I would support that 100x before a gofund me for car shit.
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:35 pm
by vegasidol
[quote=""tabasco122""]I would support that 100x before a gofund me for car shit.[/quote]

Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:48 pm
by Silver
Normally I would, but I'd have to flip a coin lately.
*Long story involving my gf's work and DCS kids setting up troll gofundme accounts for sex change ops*
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:14 pm
by BillyC
[quote=""tabasco122""]I would support that 100x before a gofund me for car shit.[/quote]
I wouldn't give a plug nickel to either...
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:29 pm
by dbest671
"You don't have kid, so you cannot understand"- not only is this a correct statement, it is absolutely an understatement for this situation.
Backstory: A few months ago a friend asked if I could change a headlight bulb on a 2013 Chevy Traverse. Husband pulled his back out and she is about as mechanically inclined as a door knob. Well she leaves the headlight bulb on the hood, and didn't tell me the package was already open. I pick up the package, bulb falls out and breaks. I feel responsible, so I say I will go buy a new bulb. I say well marry xmas, and buy a 2-pack of silverstars. I leave the other bulb with her.
So the other side goes out and I'm asked again if I can change the bulb. Yep sure, it's a 10 minute job for me. I pick up the car to bring it to my house, since they don't have outdoor lights worth a damn and it's nighttime. Says the bulb is in the glove box. I get the fenderwell liner apart and bad bulb out. Go to grab the replacement bulb, not there. She says it's in the car somewhere. I searched, never found the bulb. They had to buy another bulb.
This shit is like level 5 of nastiness. Like I'm wearing gloves to look for a headlight bulb. I honestly refuse to believe that people with kids allow their car to get this bad. I mean I think even the CDC would be concerned of the strains of ecoli that are probably in this car. It's a f*cking petri dish
Pictures were taken
AFTER I cleaned out the obvious trash, like a month worth of fast food bag/wrappers. Even found a dirty diaper.

Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:15 pm
by Jeff V.
I frequently see cars in junkyards that are better kept than that.
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:15 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:17 pm
by Duck Vader
Damn. I start to freak out when I have too many receipts in my door, let alone that. Fuck.
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:26 pm
by Duck Vader
Yep. That freaked me out so bad I had to go out and clean out the Volt. 1 powerade bottle, 2 protein bar wrappers, and 7 gas receipts. That was it.

Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:06 pm
by Chris GTO TT
I have one penny and 2 spare dots of the velcro style clips in the Miata... I'm a clean freak when it comes to the interior of my cars. I hate junk flying around the interior.
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:15 pm
by Duck Vader
I keep certain things in the volt. Spare hoody, blanket, pillow, tissues, dog leash, and this time of year, tire chains.
Re: You can't make this stuff up...
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:45 pm
by tabasco122
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Damn. I start to freak out when I have too many receipts in my door, let alone that. Fuck.[/quote]
Guess I'm not the only one that does this.
I'll often stop at gas stations for a bar or something in the morning and I'm bad about leaving the trash, but only for a day or two and never food. I do have a can of pb blaster that's been rolling across my floor on the passenger side for a good 2 weeks though.