Now it is my turn?
Moderator: Monochrome
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Now it is my turn?
[quote=""DCIV""]If you could get a crosstrec with a wrx motor I would buy one today. They are just a hair faster than my crv and my crv is horribly slow. Even the newest ones are only a little better but if you never road in the first ones you wouldnt know they were any better, just slow.
Wish you could special order them with a wrx engine.
Coop[/quote]
A FA20DIT Crosstrek would be awesome but I'd be happy with the FB25 from the Outback in it. A better fit for it might be the FB16DIT the base engine from the Levorg. It's a 1.6L flat 4 with 168hp and 184 lb-ft of torque.
Wish you could special order them with a wrx engine.
Coop[/quote]
A FA20DIT Crosstrek would be awesome but I'd be happy with the FB25 from the Outback in it. A better fit for it might be the FB16DIT the base engine from the Levorg. It's a 1.6L flat 4 with 168hp and 184 lb-ft of torque.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
Wondering if I should unload the Volt completely and daily the XJ... something has come up and have one less payment right now would really help...
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Wondering if I should unload the Volt completely and daily the XJ... something has come up and have one less payment right now would really help...[/quote]
If I do that I will need to fix the jeep suspension and install better seat sliders, and perhaps upgrade the sound system.
If I do that I will need to fix the jeep suspension and install better seat sliders, and perhaps upgrade the sound system.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
Looks like starting this summer I will have to quit my current job, or at least change it up a bit. Cut back hours and stop being a sales rep which will mean pay cut.
So debating on unloading the Volt and daily the XJ. After you figure in gas, insurance changes, etc it would save me a couple hundred a month while I work my ass off to build up a savings account for the next 5 months or so.
So debating on unloading the Volt and daily the XJ. After you figure in gas, insurance changes, etc it would save me a couple hundred a month while I work my ass off to build up a savings account for the next 5 months or so.
Last edited by Duck Vader on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
Did some calculations. Looks like it would only save me about $1000 over the next 5-6 months if I unload the Volt now. Might not be worth it at this time. Definitely debating on the lease thing now though.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Now it is my turn?
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Wondering if I should unload the Volt completely and daily the XJ... something has come up and have one less payment right now would really help...[/quote]
Uh oh, everything okay?
Uh oh, everything okay?
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Uh oh, everything okay?[/quote]
Ya. Just my timeline has shifted on me.
Ya. Just my timeline has shifted on me.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
More than likely I will not be getting the new Volt. However, still meeting with them on Friday to see exactly what kind of deal they can get me. If they can truly get me to a number I would be happy with, I might just go ahead and do it, but I doubt they will hit the numbers I need/want. Basically if they can get me low enough that in the end I would pay just about the same amount for the lease over the next 3 years as I would for what I still owe on the 13, I might take it.
After talking with the wife we need 3 vehicles right now. She did a low mileage lease on the Kia so need to be careful not to go over on that. So certain days of the week she drives the kia, other days the Jeep. I need to get to the gym 4 days a week and can't take the Kia when she takes the Jeep since trying to keep mileage low in it.
So that being said.
I need to get into that internship this summer or fall. That will probably mean a change in employment with my current job. I know they have been looking to hire a part-time person to enter orders and take care of e-mails/marketing. I could do that, just depends on how much it pays. It also depends on what kind of internship I get. Hoping to find a paid one, or something I can do around my current job.
In the mean time, I am going to also be working extra hard to build up a big savings account and pay off the last of our credit card debt (not much, I think like $2k if that), and pay off our HELOC before I have to take a less paying job/internship. That way that gives us a nice buffer for a few months while that internship happens. I only need 320-360 hours at the internship so that helps. I can also use a job at the zoo as the internship according to my program director. So that is my current plan. Keep applying to those jobs and see what happens. Also have a job application I did for a US GOV student trainee job that is also paid. So again, we will see.
Either way though, we are going to need 3 vehicles for awhile, or at least until 2020, which is when her low mileage lease is up. I am going to go for a higher mileage lease on the Volt. At least 12k, maybe 15 if the numbers are right. Will know more on Friday about that.
After talking with the wife we need 3 vehicles right now. She did a low mileage lease on the Kia so need to be careful not to go over on that. So certain days of the week she drives the kia, other days the Jeep. I need to get to the gym 4 days a week and can't take the Kia when she takes the Jeep since trying to keep mileage low in it.
So that being said.
I need to get into that internship this summer or fall. That will probably mean a change in employment with my current job. I know they have been looking to hire a part-time person to enter orders and take care of e-mails/marketing. I could do that, just depends on how much it pays. It also depends on what kind of internship I get. Hoping to find a paid one, or something I can do around my current job.
In the mean time, I am going to also be working extra hard to build up a big savings account and pay off the last of our credit card debt (not much, I think like $2k if that), and pay off our HELOC before I have to take a less paying job/internship. That way that gives us a nice buffer for a few months while that internship happens. I only need 320-360 hours at the internship so that helps. I can also use a job at the zoo as the internship according to my program director. So that is my current plan. Keep applying to those jobs and see what happens. Also have a job application I did for a US GOV student trainee job that is also paid. So again, we will see.
Either way though, we are going to need 3 vehicles for awhile, or at least until 2020, which is when her low mileage lease is up. I am going to go for a higher mileage lease on the Volt. At least 12k, maybe 15 if the numbers are right. Will know more on Friday about that.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
https://www.beavertonhonda.com/inventor ... 85jl027877
I can get this (lease) for $0 down, $0 first month payment, with rolling in my Volt's negative equity for under $400 a month. Which is about what I pay now between car payment, electric charge a month, and fuel.
That is with 12k miles a year (which is what I average) with a $0.20 per mile excess charge.
Only difference will be monthly fuel cost, which at 30 mpg, and what I drive, it roughly $100 a month plus difference in insurance. Waiting on insurance quote now.
But if insurance stays the same.
Volt cost me about $400 a month total.
CR-V would be about $500 a month total, but is bigger, AWD, shit ton more safety features, under warranty, etc.
I would also end up paying about the same in the end. What I owe on the Volt vs what I would owe by lease end is only about $1000 different, and that includes the negative equity roll in.
I can get this (lease) for $0 down, $0 first month payment, with rolling in my Volt's negative equity for under $400 a month. Which is about what I pay now between car payment, electric charge a month, and fuel.
That is with 12k miles a year (which is what I average) with a $0.20 per mile excess charge.
Only difference will be monthly fuel cost, which at 30 mpg, and what I drive, it roughly $100 a month plus difference in insurance. Waiting on insurance quote now.
But if insurance stays the same.
Volt cost me about $400 a month total.
CR-V would be about $500 a month total, but is bigger, AWD, shit ton more safety features, under warranty, etc.
I would also end up paying about the same in the end. What I owe on the Volt vs what I would owe by lease end is only about $1000 different, and that includes the negative equity roll in.
Re: Now it is my turn?
My mom has a 17 CRV. Its nice. I like the cvt. Its slow and reliable and does well in snow. Its safe, and roomy, and a small mini van. Not what I wanted but not bad.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
I'd save $3 a month on insurance. 
So ya. Comes down to what I could for sure get on my trade. That $400 a month is worse case scenario.
Just trying to figure it worth the extra $100 a month for one.
So ya. Comes down to what I could for sure get on my trade. That $400 a month is worse case scenario.
Just trying to figure it worth the extra $100 a month for one.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
Spoke with wife.
Wants me to go test drive one tomorrow and see how I like it. If we end up getting this we might end up selling the Jeep, even after I put all that into it. Not sure yet. Won't need to, but could probably get $5-6k out of it.
Wants me to go test drive one tomorrow and see how I like it. If we end up getting this we might end up selling the Jeep, even after I put all that into it. Not sure yet. Won't need to, but could probably get $5-6k out of it.
Re: Now it is my turn?
Im still on team XJ. Its paid for and decently reliable. Would allow for you to save up $.

- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
Probably won't get rid of the XJ.
As far as saving money. Volt and CR-V is damn close. $100 or less difference a month. That is where I am having trouble deciding. CRV is probably a better all around vehicle for me. But $100 a month is $100 a month.
As far as saving money. Volt and CR-V is damn close. $100 or less difference a month. That is where I am having trouble deciding. CRV is probably a better all around vehicle for me. But $100 a month is $100 a month.
Re: Now it is my turn?
At that payment I would buy a new car and actually get equity at the end. Otherwise you give it all away in rental payments.

- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
Can't get a new car that is worth it for us at that low of payment.
Re: Now it is my turn?
[quote=""Duck Vader""]https://www.beavertonhonda.com/inventor ... 85jl027877
I can get this (lease) for $0 down, $0 first month payment, with rolling in my Volt's negative equity for under $400 a month. Which is about what I pay now between car payment, electric charge a month, and fuel.
That is with 12k miles a year (which is what I average) with a $0.20 per mile excess charge.
Only difference will be monthly fuel cost, which at 30 mpg, and what I drive, it roughly $100 a month plus difference in insurance. Waiting on insurance quote now.
But if insurance stays the same.
Volt cost me about $400 a month total.
CR-V would be about $500 a month total, but is bigger, AWD, shit ton more safety features, under warranty, etc.
I would also end up paying about the same in the end. What I owe on the Volt vs what I would owe by lease end is only about $1000 different, and that includes the negative equity roll in.[/quote]
Finance it for 2.9% for 60 months. Payment is $77 more per month ($577) with nothing down. By the end of the term you will have only paid $4,620 more over 5 years and now you get the residual value of the car when you want to sell it, which i am betting will be worth more than $4,620.
Or get a lower trim level and match that lease payment.
I can get this (lease) for $0 down, $0 first month payment, with rolling in my Volt's negative equity for under $400 a month. Which is about what I pay now between car payment, electric charge a month, and fuel.
That is with 12k miles a year (which is what I average) with a $0.20 per mile excess charge.
Only difference will be monthly fuel cost, which at 30 mpg, and what I drive, it roughly $100 a month plus difference in insurance. Waiting on insurance quote now.
But if insurance stays the same.
Volt cost me about $400 a month total.
CR-V would be about $500 a month total, but is bigger, AWD, shit ton more safety features, under warranty, etc.
I would also end up paying about the same in the end. What I owe on the Volt vs what I would owe by lease end is only about $1000 different, and that includes the negative equity roll in.[/quote]
Finance it for 2.9% for 60 months. Payment is $77 more per month ($577) with nothing down. By the end of the term you will have only paid $4,620 more over 5 years and now you get the residual value of the car when you want to sell it, which i am betting will be worth more than $4,620.
Or get a lower trim level and match that lease payment.

- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
Not so much the payment, as I can get a better rate than that. It is total debt. Depending on what I can/get for the Volt I might end up saving money in the long run. Don't want to add total debt and increase my DTI when we might be moving in the next few years.
That is that issue.
That is that issue.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Now it is my turn?
And I am also the type of person who doesn't keep a vehicle long term. The XJ is my wifes.