Let's try Ford now.

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

Post Reply
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Jeff V. »

I already have traction problems in anything less than perfectly dry conditions. I'm not adding power until I figure this problem out.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
aaronatstate
Posts: 9890
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by aaronatstate »

What tires do you have on it, I can’t remember?
Image
Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
:)
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Jeff V. »

20" Nexen Rodian HTX. They have good tread.

I don't think it's the tires. It's just really light in the back and it doesn't have an LSD. I might look into that 4-auto transfer case from the Lariat.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18819
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Duck Vader »

Is this your first truck? Crazy easy to spin tires on trucks. Hell even my F250 can spin them and I have grippy all terrains and it weighs a shit ton.
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14538
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by vr4 »

Duck Vader wrote: ↑Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:56 pm Is this your first truck? Crazy easy to spin tires on trucks. Hell even my F250 can spin them and I have grippy all terrains and it weighs a shit ton.
this. my 98HP iron duke S10 can spin them clear through 2nd with 245/50/16s
DOGE
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Jeff V. »

I don't recall having these problems in my Mighty Max But it had an LSD and big AT tires.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by ChargerX3 »

Jeff V. wrote: ↑Wed Aug 21, 2024 4:03 pm I don't recall having these problems in my Mighty Max But it had an LSD and big AT tires.
Stock MM isn't spinning tires. Maybe with clutch drop but no otherwise.
Image
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Chris GTO TT »

User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Jeff V. »

It's useless without the dash assembly. The whole center section is shaped different. You can't just snap it into the 8" dash.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Chris GTO TT »

True
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Jeff V. »

I've been tossing around an idea to use a 10" Explorer display. The F150 dash bezel looks like it can be cut out to accommodate one. Just need to find a cheap one to test with.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Jeff V. »

Finally got off my ass and made this happen. I stopped trying to make it perfect and went with good enough (for now).

Image

I still need to make some small jumper harnesses to get the backup camera and USB hub working, but that'll be fairly easy. I also need to swap the climate buttons back to my old ones to get rid of the non functional heated seats and rear defrost.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Looks like it came that way!
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18819
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Duck Vader »

Looks good
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Jeff V. »

The night mode skin is better.

Image
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26787
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by DCIV »

You know what they say, temporary fixes that work, become final solutions.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
aaronatstate
Posts: 9890
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by aaronatstate »

Looks good!

And you’re “good enough” is on par with Ford factory quality.
Image
Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
:)
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Jeff V. »

I'm not a fan of how I had to stretch a couple of the wires when I repinned the APIM connector. But those are just for the bluetooth mic. Not that I want it to fail, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it did. Fortunately the CANbus wires went backwards in the connector, so they've got extra slack now.

I haven't given up on totally overhauling the interior. If that happens the entire interior will get completely rebuilt with new harnesses.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by ChargerX3 »

Looking good!
Image
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Let's try Ford now.

Post by Jeff V. »

Built the necessary wiring for the USB hub and backup camera, and added a basic GPS antenna to get the factory nav working. Mostly to get rid of the navigation fault error on startup. Everything is working perfectly now. I was having a lot of Android Auto disconnects with the old Sony radio. I drove it to work today and the new factory system didn't drop even once. :D I also can't get over how much nicer the backup camera and screen are compared to my Corvette. I didn't really appreciate the camera image until it was on the correct screen. The Sync system is probably better matched to the factory camera than a generic aftermarket system would have been. The screen itself is also nicer. It's the same size and resolution as the GM screen, but the touch sensitivity is much higher quality. The colors seem to pop more too.

So...what's next? :suspect:
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
Post Reply