Bought a Miata Because Exocar
Moderator: Monochrome
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
If I could in CA I'd go with that same turbo set up.
- Monochrome
- Founding Members

- Posts: 18264
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
- Location: NE Maryland
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]If I could in CA I'd go with that same turbo set up.[/quote]
There's a guy going thru the loops and pocket pickers right now to register an NA version in California. The paper work he posted was stupid.
I got it lucky in PA.
There's a guy going thru the loops and pocket pickers right now to register an NA version in California. The paper work he posted was stupid.
I got it lucky in PA.
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
I think the Exocet itself is legal as a kit car, but I was talking about the turbo kit. Those are not legal in CA at all.
- Monochrome
- Founding Members

- Posts: 18264
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
- Location: NE Maryland
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I think the Exocet itself is legal as a kit car, but I was talking about the turbo kit. Those are not legal in CA at all.[/quote]
Yes I know what you meant. Exomotive provides a MSO (Manufacture Statement of Origin) which makes it possible for a vin to be assigned to the car itself. Most states even give titles. The new car must confirm to the same OBD specs as the original car. So if you bought an OBD2 miata, the new Exocet must retain all the functioning equipment.
The thought occurred to me to start building these cars on the side and either selling them pre-made or charging labor to manufacture a custom one.
Yes I know what you meant. Exomotive provides a MSO (Manufacture Statement of Origin) which makes it possible for a vin to be assigned to the car itself. Most states even give titles. The new car must confirm to the same OBD specs as the original car. So if you bought an OBD2 miata, the new Exocet must retain all the functioning equipment.
The thought occurred to me to start building these cars on the side and either selling them pre-made or charging labor to manufacture a custom one.
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
This is a freaking awesome project!
-John
-John
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
Yeah I think a exocet with a carb legal NB 1.8 would be a ton of fun.
- Monochrome
- Founding Members

- Posts: 18264
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
- Location: NE Maryland
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
What's the price difference between this and a factory five?
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
Exocet kit starts at $6500 and goes to $8000. Plus the cost of a Miata roller skate.
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
Factory five is like 11-15 and you need a mustang.
Interesting. The factory five is worth a whole lot more when done and only cost a little more to get into.
Coop
Interesting. The factory five is worth a whole lot more when done and only cost a little more to get into.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Monochrome
- Founding Members

- Posts: 18264
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
- Location: NE Maryland
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Exocet kit starts at $6500 and goes to $8000. Plus the cost of a Miata roller skate.[/quote]
The exo is by far the better bang for the buck. Given how much I paid for this car (probably going to make a good part of that back selling spare parts), if I went all cheap (leaving the stock miata brakes, wheels, suspension, radiator, seats, seat belts...) I would only have 11K into the car total.
...but why half-ass it?
The exo is by far the better bang for the buck. Given how much I paid for this car (probably going to make a good part of that back selling spare parts), if I went all cheap (leaving the stock miata brakes, wheels, suspension, radiator, seats, seat belts...) I would only have 11K into the car total.
...but why half-ass it?
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
[quote=""DCIV""]Factory five is like 11-15 and you need a mustang.
Interesting. The factory five is worth a whole lot more when done and only cost a little more to get into.
Coop[/quote]
Factory Five also requires a LOT more work to build. The Exocet you basically drop the Exocet Chassis onto the Miata Roller Skate and you are mostly done.
Interesting. The factory five is worth a whole lot more when done and only cost a little more to get into.
Coop[/quote]
Factory Five also requires a LOT more work to build. The Exocet you basically drop the Exocet Chassis onto the Miata Roller Skate and you are mostly done.
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
exocet all the way. the factory five cars are based on a wrx and a corvette depending on which one you go with iirc.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
The last time i looked up the 818, i didnt have a wrx. Someone please rear end me hard at BRG >_>
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
[quote=""tabasco122""]The last time i looked up the 818, i didnt have a wrx. Someone please rear end me hard at BRG >_>[/quote]
Ummm wow and the Miata owners get made fun of for being gay.....
Ummm wow and the Miata owners get made fun of for being gay.....
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
lol, intentional comment was intentional
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
Riiiiight :d err:
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
I am sharing a room with ginger :d ontknow:
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Factory Five also requires a LOT more work to build. [/quote]
Is it any more than rebuilding a 3/s though? Run some pre made wiring, put on all mechanical stuff?
Coop
Is it any more than rebuilding a 3/s though? Run some pre made wiring, put on all mechanical stuff?
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
