So... whats in the works?
Moderator: Monochrome
Re: So... whats in the works?
I usually punch it at least once or twice when I'm driving it, but I don't drive recklessly and I'm really not a big speeder. My TT ran so well for three years largely because overall I babied the car.
But doing smoky burnouts and such aren't something I do - I'm too protective of potentially damaging the car.
Cars are expensive to fix, which I why I've never understood why so many people beat the hell out of their 3S and then complain when it's down for repairs over and over.
But doing smoky burnouts and such aren't something I do - I'm too protective of potentially damaging the car.
Cars are expensive to fix, which I why I've never understood why so many people beat the hell out of their 3S and then complain when it's down for repairs over and over.

- Monochrome
- Founding Members

- Posts: 18264
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
- Location: NE Maryland
- Contact:
Re: So... whats in the works?
[quote=""oxrageous""]Cars are expensive to fix, which I why I've never understood why so many people beat the hell out of their 3S and then complain when it's down for repairs over and over.[/quote]
...or why people will spend 2 grand on turbo upgrades, but can't afford a clutch or timing belt.
...or why people will spend 2 grand on turbo upgrades, but can't afford a clutch or timing belt.
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
-
GTO Assassin
- Posts: 14275
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 pm
Re: So... whats in the works?
Yeah, I see cars doing burnouts on the streets here and I could not care less!
It just shits me......
Scotty
Scotty
Re: So... whats in the works?
SO the Villians came today. LOVE EM. Upgraded in size and I went down in weight. 
The one wheel needs a small repair. I could run it the way it sits but would rather be safe than sorry. Should be a quick $15 fix.
Hans, shoot out of the SOHCs it is then.
BTW Hans you coming to 3sPA Gathering?
The one wheel needs a small repair. I could run it the way it sits but would rather be safe than sorry. Should be a quick $15 fix.
Hans, shoot out of the SOHCs it is then.
Re: So... whats in the works?
[quote=""Hans_GZP""]If your crank is all tight, the harmonic balancer part of the crank pulley might be coming apart. Get that fixed ASAP if that is the problem.[/quote]
Yeah, that's one thing I was going to check. I'm going to pull it off and take a look at all of it. On my old base, the outer ring and the dampener separated themselves one night while I was coming home, that was neat. A week later, I needed a new engine!
Yeah, that's one thing I was going to check. I'm going to pull it off and take a look at all of it. On my old base, the outer ring and the dampener separated themselves one night while I was coming home, that was neat. A week later, I needed a new engine!

Re: So... whats in the works?
Just decided on my new setup, and am in the process of ordering it all.
Twin TD06 25Gs with Greddy manifolds, Tial WGs,
Stillen DP
35 or 55 shot of nitrous to help with turbo lag
Spec Stage 3+ (for now)
680cc injectors, bumped up fuel pressure
AEM AFPR
MAF-T Pro in speed density
FMIC
W/b 02, all new gauges
new fuel pump
and I believe that's it for now.
Twin TD06 25Gs with Greddy manifolds, Tial WGs,
Stillen DP
35 or 55 shot of nitrous to help with turbo lag
Spec Stage 3+ (for now)
680cc injectors, bumped up fuel pressure
AEM AFPR
MAF-T Pro in speed density
FMIC
W/b 02, all new gauges
new fuel pump
and I believe that's it for now.
-
GTO Assassin
- Posts: 14275
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 pm
Re: So... whats in the works?
That's alot of turbo Tujin. 
Scotty
Scotty
Re: So... whats in the works?
[quote=""Tujin""]Just decided on my new setup, and am in the process of ordering it all.
Twin TD06 25Gs with Greddy manifolds, Tial WGs,
Stillen DP
35 or 55 shot of nitrous to help with turbo lag
Spec Stage 3+ (for now)
680cc injectors, bumped up fuel pressure
AEM AFPR
MAF-T Pro in speed density
FMIC
W/b 02, all new gauges
new fuel pump
and I believe that's it for now.[/quote]
Please use something other than a MAF-T to control twin 25g's on a 3s.
680's are to small.
Better have twin walbros in there to support high hp.
Nice list.
Twin TD06 25Gs with Greddy manifolds, Tial WGs,
Stillen DP
35 or 55 shot of nitrous to help with turbo lag
Spec Stage 3+ (for now)
680cc injectors, bumped up fuel pressure
AEM AFPR
MAF-T Pro in speed density
FMIC
W/b 02, all new gauges
new fuel pump
and I believe that's it for now.[/quote]
Please use something other than a MAF-T to control twin 25g's on a 3s.
680's are to small.
Better have twin walbros in there to support high hp.
Nice list.
Re: So... whats in the works?
What is it about the T-Pro you don't like?Please use something other than a MAF-T to control twin 25g's on a 3s.
(Just curious)
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- BleedScarlet
- Posts: 10170
- Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:18 pm
- Location: In your pants, if you'll let me.
- Contact:
Re: So... whats in the works?
shouldn't you require larger injectors than 680?
i thought 680s were good for 16Gs
i thought 680s were good for 16Gs
-Avi
On the Internet they say, "You never get this! You never get this!" But then one day they all met in Cali and they get this.
Re: So... whats in the works?
If I wanted to get the most out of them, yes. But for now, until I can get a clutch that'll handle all that power, I'm not going to be using them to their full potential. Januaryish timeframe I'm going to go standalone and some 1000cc injectors. So while I'm going to be creating a bunch of extra lag, I can live with it until January. Using a Walbro 255 intank, and a 044 inline. Should be enough to support the 680cc injectors.
>>>>>
<<<<<
<<<<<Re: So... whats in the works?
[quote=""Tujin""]If I wanted to get the most out of them, yes. But for now, until I can get a clutch that'll handle all that power, I'm not going to be using them to their full potential. Januaryish timeframe I'm going to go standalone and some 1000cc injectors. So while I'm going to be creating a bunch of extra lag, I can live with it until January. Using a Walbro 255 intank, and a 044 inline. Should be enough to support the 680cc injectors.[/quote]
Yeah that'll work for the 680's.
Why not just wait until January?
Yeah that'll work for the 680's.
Why not just wait until January?
Re: So... whats in the works?
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]What is it about the T-Pro you don't like?
(Just curious)[/quote]
I hate most piggybacks to be honest.
I like:
Standalone's
modifying factory ecu's.
I messed with one Maf-T pro and I am not sure if it was the install, but imho it didn't control shit (probably install issues).
Pop on AIM I'll give you the full story
.
(Just curious)[/quote]
I hate most piggybacks to be honest.
I like:
Standalone's
modifying factory ecu's.
I messed with one Maf-T pro and I am not sure if it was the install, but imho it didn't control shit (probably install issues).
Pop on AIM I'll give you the full story
Re: So... whats in the works?
Well I already had the full MAF-T Pro setup from when I was planning on running 15Gs. I want to get a feel for it at this power level before I take it any higher.
>>>>>
<<<<<
<<<<<Re: So... whats in the works?
[quote=""Tujin""]Well I already had the full MAF-T Pro setup from when I was planning on running 15Gs. I want to get a feel for it at this power level before I take it any higher.[/quote]
Good plan, see if you really want to step it up that far.
Good plan, see if you really want to step it up that far.
Re: So... whats in the works?
Yeah, worst case scenario, I trade it for a nice TD05 setup.
>>>>>
<<<<<
<<<<<Re: So... whats in the works?
wheels, check
coilovers, check
control arms, check
solid motor mounts, check
Looks like Brian has a busy weekend in front of him .
Too bad no one lives closer and could give me an extra hand.
coilovers, check
control arms, check
solid motor mounts, check
Looks like Brian has a busy weekend in front of him .
-
GTO Assassin
- Posts: 14275
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 pm
Re: So... whats in the works?
I'd help ya Bri Bri. But you know my excuse.
Josh - Do you work with factory ECU's? A member here in Oz wants to get his fixed.
Scotty
Josh - Do you work with factory ECU's? A member here in Oz wants to get his fixed.
Scotty
Re: So... whats in the works?
In the works RIGHT now?
'07 Honda Sapphire Blue paint, black for some graphics over it, lip for the front bumper, fins on the rear bumper.

'07 Honda Sapphire Blue paint, black for some graphics over it, lip for the front bumper, fins on the rear bumper.
-'79 Yamaha XS11 special, custom work in progress
-'93 Stealthubishi

-'93 Stealthubishi
