My lease is up in 4 months
Moderator: Monochrome
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Generally expensive cars tank like that for 2 reasons.
They're expensive to maintain.
They're not very reliable.
They're expensive to maintain.
They're not very reliable.
DOGE
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Yea, trying to find statistics on that on the internet is like wading through poop water.
Basically you get the one camp who will never buy a Audi or BMW again because of how much the dealer has fucked them. And the other that says it isn't so bad. But as a counterpoint, I had a Jeep that had all sorts of electrical problems (which got fixed) but still- I feel like it's not unique to one automaker.
But then again, most new cars I feel will fuck you pretty well in the repair/maintain department.
Basically you get the one camp who will never buy a Audi or BMW again because of how much the dealer has fucked them. And the other that says it isn't so bad. But as a counterpoint, I had a Jeep that had all sorts of electrical problems (which got fixed) but still- I feel like it's not unique to one automaker.
But then again, most new cars I feel will fuck you pretty well in the repair/maintain department.

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
When I was really thinking about an X1 the forum seemed to like their maintance to be early as far as fluid for the trans. Then timing chain had plastic tensioners they liked changed early, and some oil leak around the oil filter housing.
In general they seemed pretty good though. Better than most euro cars I have looked at. I would till get one if it had 40k miles and I had some miles under factory power train to make sure it was all good.
Coop
In general they seemed pretty good though. Better than most euro cars I have looked at. I would till get one if it had 40k miles and I had some miles under factory power train to make sure it was all good.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
I found that off reddit.A new BMW recall is coming in the near future. In a bulletin sent to BMW dealers, the company announces its intention to voluntarily recall certain 2012-2014 model year equipped with the N20 or N26 engines. The cars affected are BMW 3 Series, 5 Series, X1, X3 and Z4 built from May 2012 until August 2013.Sep 29, 2013
Looks like that's specifically the I4
Last edited by Chris95RT on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
But for what?
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Oh whoops, timing related stuff. The timing chain/belt specifically.

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18819
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
[quote=""Chris95RT""]
But then again, most new cars I feel will fuck you pretty well in the repair/maintain department.[/quote]
This is why since my Volt warranty is ending (will only have the Voltec warranty starting in April) that I keep debating on parting ways.
Don't have the time or care to want to work on stuff myself anymore. Makes sense to find something with a good warranty so I don't have to keep turning wrenches. The Jeep is bad enough.
But then again, most new cars I feel will fuck you pretty well in the repair/maintain department.[/quote]
This is why since my Volt warranty is ending (will only have the Voltec warranty starting in April) that I keep debating on parting ways.
Don't have the time or care to want to work on stuff myself anymore. Makes sense to find something with a good warranty so I don't have to keep turning wrenches. The Jeep is bad enough.
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Unlike Cali Chris, I have 2 months.
Going to look at this, this weekend:
https://www.hannaimports.com/used/BMW/2 ... e40708.htm
Going to look at this, this weekend:
https://www.hannaimports.com/used/BMW/2 ... e40708.htm

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
[quote=""Chris95RT""]Unlike Cali Chris, I have 2 months.
Going to look at this, this weekend:
https://www.hannaimports.com/used/BMW/2 ... e40708.htm[/quote]
YES!!! The 6 cyl one! That rocks!
Coop
Going to look at this, this weekend:
https://www.hannaimports.com/used/BMW/2 ... e40708.htm[/quote]
YES!!! The 6 cyl one! That rocks!
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Did someone buy something yet?...[/quote]
I went and drove an escape today. Titanium that was told it was the 2.0 and awd. It was nice. 65k. They would sell it for 13,500.
Wasnt awd.
Oh and for the record. That bmw is 19k....NOT 13k.
Coop
I went and drove an escape today. Titanium that was told it was the 2.0 and awd. It was nice. 65k. They would sell it for 13,500.
Wasnt awd.
Oh and for the record. That bmw is 19k....NOT 13k.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
I know I know, just wanted to see how it drove.

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
[quote=""Chris95RT""]I know I know, just wanted to see how it drove.[/quote]
well! I drove one of the 4cyl ones...it was nice, plenty of pep...but once I found out about the 6 cyl ones I never even looked at the 4 again but have not drove a 6....how was it?
Coop
well! I drove one of the 4cyl ones...it was nice, plenty of pep...but once I found out about the 6 cyl ones I never even looked at the 4 again but have not drove a 6....how was it?
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
So a few things.
The car itself was a comfortable car to drive, especially for a 3 year old car.
The steering was tight.
The seating was pretty comfortable, although my edge's seats I felt were slightly better.
It had all the same stuff my car had, except for ACC (which I've come to terms with losing,
).
The i6 wasn't a rocketship, but it could get up and go. It looks like they discontinued it after 2016+, and just offered one AWD i4 turbo platform. It had similar pickup to my Edge, which is fine. I suppose if I really wanted to modify it, the turbo version would be a better option- fuck though, I dunno, I spent too much time in the wilderness anyway. It sounded nice at WOT though, but it didn't put my in my seat like the Stealth did or... Idk, Mustangs, vipers, etc- I'm sure I'm not comparing apples to apples correctly. I feel like the electric motors on the Fusion had more torque.
Above 80 it kinda fell flat, but again- that's 80 mph. The 2016 does the .25 in 14.8, which is plenty quick for me- kinda funny how grown up I've gotten, or boring.
It felt heavy, maybe because it was 2015 and maybe it didn't have EPAS and was still had normal power steering but it just felt a little heavy. I didn't mind it, because it was a smooth ride on the highway, but I do wish I had a chance to put it around some corners.
It was nice on the inside, some oddities because it was a BMW, but nice. The cargo space, and rear space is best in class and it showed- although I think the fact it didn't have a motorized lift gate was more of a detriment.
I do admit, I thought the one I linked was 16.8, not 18.6 or whatever- there was a copper colored one with the Luxury package, a year newer and half as many miles for 6-7k more that, IF<< I were to go that way, I would probably spring for since it just looked like a nicer car in general.
But for used cars, I wasn't too upset by it- I just don't think that particular vehicle was worth almost 20k.
The car itself was a comfortable car to drive, especially for a 3 year old car.
The steering was tight.
The seating was pretty comfortable, although my edge's seats I felt were slightly better.
It had all the same stuff my car had, except for ACC (which I've come to terms with losing,
The i6 wasn't a rocketship, but it could get up and go. It looks like they discontinued it after 2016+, and just offered one AWD i4 turbo platform. It had similar pickup to my Edge, which is fine. I suppose if I really wanted to modify it, the turbo version would be a better option- fuck though, I dunno, I spent too much time in the wilderness anyway. It sounded nice at WOT though, but it didn't put my in my seat like the Stealth did or... Idk, Mustangs, vipers, etc- I'm sure I'm not comparing apples to apples correctly. I feel like the electric motors on the Fusion had more torque.
Above 80 it kinda fell flat, but again- that's 80 mph. The 2016 does the .25 in 14.8, which is plenty quick for me- kinda funny how grown up I've gotten, or boring.
It felt heavy, maybe because it was 2015 and maybe it didn't have EPAS and was still had normal power steering but it just felt a little heavy. I didn't mind it, because it was a smooth ride on the highway, but I do wish I had a chance to put it around some corners.
It was nice on the inside, some oddities because it was a BMW, but nice. The cargo space, and rear space is best in class and it showed- although I think the fact it didn't have a motorized lift gate was more of a detriment.
I do admit, I thought the one I linked was 16.8, not 18.6 or whatever- there was a copper colored one with the Luxury package, a year newer and half as many miles for 6-7k more that, IF<< I were to go that way, I would probably spring for since it just looked like a nicer car in general.
But for used cars, I wasn't too upset by it- I just don't think that particular vehicle was worth almost 20k.

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
[quote=""Chris95RT""]
But for used cars, I wasn't too upset by it- I just don't think that particular vehicle was worth almost 20k.[/quote]
Welcome to used car shopping hell
But for used cars, I wasn't too upset by it- I just don't think that particular vehicle was worth almost 20k.[/quote]
Welcome to used car shopping hell
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Welcome to used car shopping hell
[/quote]
Yup. Cut the price and you really dont think its worth a flip. Sad to hear it wasnt as fast as I had hoped.
Coop
Yup. Cut the price and you really dont think its worth a flip. Sad to hear it wasnt as fast as I had hoped.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Grand Cherokee SRT8.Chris wrote:Above 80 it kinda fell flat, but again- that's 80 mph. The 2016 does the .25 in 14.8, which is plenty quick for me- kinda funny how grown up I've gotten, or boring.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Grand Cherokee SRT8.[/quote]
Wait. Are those in the price range? I would replace the Humvee with that!
Coop
Wait. Are those in the price range? I would replace the Humvee with that!
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
This is scraping bottom, but it's a cheap way to get a 420hp Hemi.
https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/49626856
https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/49626856
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
