Rear mount condensor
Moderator: Monochrome
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""tabasco122""]im pretty sure its just the air. my car has no AC or heat, and i just blast it with normal air and it gets rid of the inside dew...[/quote]
Air will eventually get rid of it, but low humidity air from the a/c will clear the window much faster, and better.
Air will eventually get rid of it, but low humidity air from the a/c will clear the window much faster, and better.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Rear mount condensor
test 3: REALLY HOT DAY
really think it failed at this one. So hot that you cant sit in the seats as it burns you hot. I start up the car windows down, get moving, and then turn on the ac. It takes it some time to feel cool air out of the vents. So I roll up the windows and it just isnt getting cold fast enough. Its getting cooler but the window down and air blowing on me feels cooler then what the ac is doing. it kept getting cooler the longer it was on but it was just so hot.
At this point I almost want to try the condenser that was much longer...same tall but much longer, almost a whole extra one from what I have. It will cost me 50 bucks and then another 50 in refrigerant. I need to get the high pressure switch anyways so it would be a good time.
I could add that bigger compressor for around 150 that could do a lot more work.
Coop
really think it failed at this one. So hot that you cant sit in the seats as it burns you hot. I start up the car windows down, get moving, and then turn on the ac. It takes it some time to feel cool air out of the vents. So I roll up the windows and it just isnt getting cold fast enough. Its getting cooler but the window down and air blowing on me feels cooler then what the ac is doing. it kept getting cooler the longer it was on but it was just so hot.
At this point I almost want to try the condenser that was much longer...same tall but much longer, almost a whole extra one from what I have. It will cost me 50 bucks and then another 50 in refrigerant. I need to get the high pressure switch anyways so it would be a good time.
I could add that bigger compressor for around 150 that could do a lot more work.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
I just thought of something crazy.
Do you still have your stock AC parts?
Do you still have your stock AC parts?
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Darkhelmet
- Posts: 3370
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:28 am
- Location: Spaceball one
Re: Rear mount condensor
did you vacuum down the system and recharge it yet? I'll bet that is your problem. I know it sounds minor, but all it takes is a tiny amount of plain old air to make the difference between 40 degrees and 80 degrees at the vents.
[thestealth] It's not every laborador-sized mammal that gets a damned APC named after it, but the Honey Badger isn't your typical member of the Mammalia class. He's a brutal, vicious killer who kicks asses, never backs down, never registers fear, destroys everything in its path and then adorably trots off into the sunset with his prey in his teeth and the severed nutsacks of his enemies still gripped between his dagger-like claws. It's a badass animal.
[thestealth] just like steve
[thestealth] just like steve
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""Darkhelmet""]did you vacuum down the system and recharge it yet? I'll bet that is your problem. I know it sounds minor, but all it takes is a tiny amount of plain old air to make the difference between 40 degrees and 80 degrees at the vents.[/quote]
no, been waiting on more refrigerant. I will deff do this though. I almost want to buy one of those pumps. ac is a good thing for me to work on while at work as if I mess anything up it doesnt effect the running of the car.
Coop
no, been waiting on more refrigerant. I will deff do this though. I almost want to buy one of those pumps. ac is a good thing for me to work on while at work as if I mess anything up it doesnt effect the running of the car.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Rear mount condensor
Yeah the reason it didn't get cold is cause it doesn't have the proper charge of refrigerent.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Rear mount condensor
I'm still concerned about airflow over the condenser.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Rear mount condensor
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""aaronatstate""]Yeah the reason it didn't get cold is cause it doesn't have the proper charge of refrigerent.[/quote]
yeah, it gets cold but it needs to be colder. I think you are right.
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]I'm still concerned about airflow over the condenser.[/quote]
Ok I know there are alot of variables so lets hatch some of them out.
Even with no air flow, how long would it take for a condenser to quit doing its job? How long does it take to heat soak it? (yes dependent on size, amount, bla bla bla) Are we talking 2 mins or 20 mins?
[quote=""tabasco122""]does your work have a good air compressor?
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-vacuum ... 96677.html[/quote]
we do have one but were not allowed to use it as its hooked to our trucks plymovent system.
Coop
yeah, it gets cold but it needs to be colder. I think you are right.
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]I'm still concerned about airflow over the condenser.[/quote]
Ok I know there are alot of variables so lets hatch some of them out.
Even with no air flow, how long would it take for a condenser to quit doing its job? How long does it take to heat soak it? (yes dependent on size, amount, bla bla bla) Are we talking 2 mins or 20 mins?
[quote=""tabasco122""]does your work have a good air compressor?
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-vacuum ... 96677.html[/quote]
we do have one but were not allowed to use it as its hooked to our trucks plymovent system.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""DCIV""]yeah, it gets cold but it needs to be colder. I think you are right.[/quote]
I know I am right. There is a specific amount that needs to be in there. If there is too much, or too little, the system WILL NOT WORK RIGHT, PERIOD.
[quote=""DCIV""]Ok I know there are alot of variables so lets hatch some of them out.
Even with no air flow, how long would it take for a condenser to quit doing its job? How long does it take to heat soak it? (yes dependent on size, amount, bla bla bla) Are we talking 2 mins or 20 mins?
Coop[/quote]
Do you have a fan on the condensor? If not it will quit doing its job quickly. If you have a fan it will take quite a while.
I know I am right. There is a specific amount that needs to be in there. If there is too much, or too little, the system WILL NOT WORK RIGHT, PERIOD.
[quote=""DCIV""]Ok I know there are alot of variables so lets hatch some of them out.
Even with no air flow, how long would it take for a condenser to quit doing its job? How long does it take to heat soak it? (yes dependent on size, amount, bla bla bla) Are we talking 2 mins or 20 mins?
Coop[/quote]
Do you have a fan on the condensor? If not it will quit doing its job quickly. If you have a fan it will take quite a while.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Rear mount condensor
two fans on it. There is a picture in this thread somewhere.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
Bump 
Seriously I remembered you mentioning freeze 12 so I searched for it since my camry still has a cold blowing r12 system.
[quote=""DCIV""]Ok ordered everything, hose, fittings, weld on fittings, condenser, drier, compressor, service ports. Everything and im still under 500 right now. Turns out one of the firemen I work with is the AAA guy in town (knew that) but he does ac charges with freeze 12. hes been helping me out with what I need recently. I got all push on fittings, extra hose, multiple fittings, only thing left is mounting the compressor, and mounting the condenser with air holes for it. I got a cool in line drier too.
Coop[/quote]
So I decided to look into the freeze 12 a little more. Its not available anymore but the es12 is. Dug up an msds for it.....you might like this coop.
Its liquified petroleum gas. Essentially propane.
Seriously I remembered you mentioning freeze 12 so I searched for it since my camry still has a cold blowing r12 system.
[quote=""DCIV""]Ok ordered everything, hose, fittings, weld on fittings, condenser, drier, compressor, service ports. Everything and im still under 500 right now. Turns out one of the firemen I work with is the AAA guy in town (knew that) but he does ac charges with freeze 12. hes been helping me out with what I need recently. I got all push on fittings, extra hose, multiple fittings, only thing left is mounting the compressor, and mounting the condenser with air holes for it. I got a cool in line drier too.
Coop[/quote]
So I decided to look into the freeze 12 a little more. Its not available anymore but the es12 is. Dug up an msds for it.....you might like this coop.
Its liquified petroleum gas. Essentially propane.
DOGE
Re: Rear mount condensor
yeah es12 is what I went with. The cans basically feel empty. Its good stuff, you cant underfill or overfill depending on what you need. My only issue is that its just not as cold as the old stuff.
I guess I should give a little update, I never put a high pressure sensor in the system because I was just testing before I did all that. It worked enough to make me happy but it would blow lines. Kind of scary when your running propane and your line blows under your engine bay. While its down for a new VCU and some new wastegates I will prob add in a high pressure line as I am going to keep it.
Coop
I guess I should give a little update, I never put a high pressure sensor in the system because I was just testing before I did all that. It worked enough to make me happy but it would blow lines. Kind of scary when your running propane and your line blows under your engine bay. While its down for a new VCU and some new wastegates I will prob add in a high pressure line as I am going to keep it.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- green-lantern
- Posts: 14814
- Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:50 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Rear mount condensor
That seems very dangerous lol
[quote=""Hans_GZP""] I think I had Em reach her bitch paws in there to get the nuts off. [/quote]
"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

Re: Rear mount condensor
Oh....it is. With the amount of es12 I had to use as well it was not good at all.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Jesters Deadd
- Posts: 933
- Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 pm
- Location: DFW
- Contact:
Re: Rear mount condensor
After reading some of this I was leaving work and noticed a semi truck that had a rear mounted condensor on his cabin... Interesting....
Did you ever vacuum the system and remove all the moisture?
Did you ever vacuum the system and remove all the moisture?
1999 Flashed Wide body 3000GT VR4, (Its Cianci's prototype car, but don't worry I fixed that.)
How To Contact Me:
eMail: apape10@yahoo.com
3SI: Jesters Deadd
http://www.Chromedecu.org

How To Contact Me:
eMail: apape10@yahoo.com
3SI: Jesters Deadd
http://www.Chromedecu.org

Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""Jesters Deadd""]After reading some of this I was leaving work and noticed a semi truck that had a rear mounted condensor on his cabin... Interesting....
Did you ever vacuum the system and remove all the moisture?[/quote]
Yes, it was all done completely correct. Had a vac on it for 30 mins and didnt leak any. I plan on getting the next size up compressor as it fits my mounting bracket I made. I have seen them on semi's as well.
Coop
Did you ever vacuum the system and remove all the moisture?[/quote]
Yes, it was all done completely correct. Had a vac on it for 30 mins and didnt leak any. I plan on getting the next size up compressor as it fits my mounting bracket I made. I have seen them on semi's as well.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- byebye_sti
- Posts: 1607
- Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:36 am
- Location: NH
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""green-lantern""]That seems very dangerous lol[/quote]
^This.
^This.
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""vr4""]Work on the condenser before you put a larger compressor in.[/quote]
I have found one that is the exactly the length and size that woudl take up the whole thing that I have though about using. Would you mind elaborating on why you think the larger condenser would help before a larger compressor?
Coop
I have found one that is the exactly the length and size that woudl take up the whole thing that I have though about using. Would you mind elaborating on why you think the larger condenser would help before a larger compressor?
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
