Wow...Thats all I can muster
Moderator: Monochrome
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
In another one of your posts, you mentioned the tow truck driver attaching a rope to the wrong part and breaking that. Is this factored into your costs?
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
Well I am talking to the insurance company of the person that hit me and they are going to send an adjuster...but this is what the estimate says:
Rear Cradle: 563.68
Driverside Axle: 154.07
Passenger Side Axle: 195.16
Steering Rack: 384.92
Power Steering Fluid: 4.99
Tranny Fluid: 5.99
"Towed car in due to front suspension prolbems. Found Rear Cradle for suspension on driver side broken. Rack and pinnon steering damaged, leaking fluid. Driver and passenger side axle damaged due to rear cradle damage.
Labor: 525.00
Parts: 1308.81
Additonal Costs:
4 Wheel-Alignment: 110.00
The lady also wrote in the estimate the tow charge to get our money back for that which was $90.
Total: $2033.81
Rear Cradle: 563.68
Driverside Axle: 154.07
Passenger Side Axle: 195.16
Steering Rack: 384.92
Power Steering Fluid: 4.99
Tranny Fluid: 5.99
"Towed car in due to front suspension prolbems. Found Rear Cradle for suspension on driver side broken. Rack and pinnon steering damaged, leaking fluid. Driver and passenger side axle damaged due to rear cradle damage.
Labor: 525.00
Parts: 1308.81
Additonal Costs:
4 Wheel-Alignment: 110.00
The lady also wrote in the estimate the tow charge to get our money back for that which was $90.
Total: $2033.81
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
Ok, that makes a little more sense.
I need to know more about the accident, but it fits now.
The rear cradle had nothing to do with the rear of the car. It was the sub-frame along the firewall. Sometimes called a K frame due to its shape.
What kind of accident was it that would practically destroy the undercarriage of the car, but leave the body intact?
While they're under there, look for any dents on the very bottom of the oil pan. If it got pushed up into the oil pickup, your engine could get starved of oil and tear itself apart not far down the road.
I need to know more about the accident, but it fits now.
The rear cradle had nothing to do with the rear of the car. It was the sub-frame along the firewall. Sometimes called a K frame due to its shape.
What kind of accident was it that would practically destroy the undercarriage of the car, but leave the body intact?
While they're under there, look for any dents on the very bottom of the oil pan. If it got pushed up into the oil pickup, your engine could get starved of oil and tear itself apart not far down the road.
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
Oh the body isn't in good shape either, my rear bumper is cracked badly and is getting replaced after we fix all of this crap.
To sum up the accident, I was sitting at a stop light with my foot on the brake and a Dodge (forgot the model) rammed into me, she hit me so hard it knocked her into neutral and knocked me forward into the middle of the intersection, I was just lucky it turned green when it happened.
To sum up the accident, I was sitting at a stop light with my foot on the brake and a Dodge (forgot the model) rammed into me, she hit me so hard it knocked her into neutral and knocked me forward into the middle of the intersection, I was just lucky it turned green when it happened.
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
I just don't get how he hit you hard enough from the rear to cause such damage to the front underside of the car.
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]I just don't get how he hit you hard enough from the rear to cause such damage to the front underside of the car.[/quote]
Well I'm just quoting the mechanic I don't know to much about suspension and crap....but he said that the front suspension was damaged from the rear cradle which it was connected to or something like that.
Well I'm just quoting the mechanic I don't know to much about suspension and crap....but he said that the front suspension was damaged from the rear cradle which it was connected to or something like that.
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
Things damaged... that are not major wear items anyway... I'd have pulled from a donor car etc to save major costs on expensive brand new parts.
-'79 Yamaha XS11 special, custom work in progress
-'93 Stealthubishi

-'93 Stealthubishi

- GreekPower
- Posts: 2987
- Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:52 pm
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
how the hell are you axles so costly? I replaced mine in my stealth about a year n half ago and I got mine rebuilt for 75 a piece.

Not rep maxxed
About to kill myself
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
[quote=""TajMan""]Things damaged... that are not major wear items anyway... I'd have pulled from a donor car etc to save major costs on expensive brand new parts.[/quote]
I wish I could find one, I called I think around 20 junkyards and so did the mechanic....they pretty much laughed at me when I said a 3000GT.
Im going to try some more Monday, but Im not going to have to pay for it, so I would rather get new parts.
I wish I could find one, I called I think around 20 junkyards and so did the mechanic....they pretty much laughed at me when I said a 3000GT.
Im going to try some more Monday, but Im not going to have to pay for it, so I would rather get new parts.
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
[quote=""JuJu""]Well I am talking to the insurance company of the person that hit me and they are going to send an adjuster...but this is what the estimate says:
Rear Cradle: 563.68
Driverside Axle: 154.07
Passenger Side Axle: 195.16
Steering Rack: 384.92
Power Steering Fluid: 4.99
Tranny Fluid: 5.99
"Towed car in due to front suspension prolbems. Found Rear Cradle for suspension on driver side broken. Rack and pinnon steering damaged, leaking fluid. Driver and passenger side axle damaged due to rear cradle damage.
Labor: 525.00
Parts: 1308.81
Additonal Costs:
4 Wheel-Alignment: 110.00
The lady also wrote in the estimate the tow charge to get our money back for that which was $90.
Total: $2033.81[/quote]
F that! I know a guy
that's selling a 1991 SL for $1500 that RUNS. and you could keep your busted car for parts or part out what you can. 
Rear Cradle: 563.68
Driverside Axle: 154.07
Passenger Side Axle: 195.16
Steering Rack: 384.92
Power Steering Fluid: 4.99
Tranny Fluid: 5.99
"Towed car in due to front suspension prolbems. Found Rear Cradle for suspension on driver side broken. Rack and pinnon steering damaged, leaking fluid. Driver and passenger side axle damaged due to rear cradle damage.
Labor: 525.00
Parts: 1308.81
Additonal Costs:
4 Wheel-Alignment: 110.00
The lady also wrote in the estimate the tow charge to get our money back for that which was $90.
Total: $2033.81[/quote]
F that! I know a guy

[quote=""Daetlus""]Sometimes rectal stimulation feels good during intercourse.[/quote]
- Brandonscar
- Posts: 23020
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:50 pm
- Location: N. Atlanta, GA
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
That 91 SL you speak of is an ATX or I would own it right now. 
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
[quote=""Brandonscar""]That 91 SL you speak of is an ATX or I would own it right now.
[/quote]
I told you it was ATX. you said you wanted an MTX?
btw :d id you go to the tag office?
I told you it was ATX. you said you wanted an MTX?
btw :d id you go to the tag office?

[quote=""Daetlus""]Sometimes rectal stimulation feels good during intercourse.[/quote]
- Hannibalzero
- Posts: 20379
- Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:14 pm
- Location: NoVA
- Contact:
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
There's always and ATX --> MTX swap. 
BAWC
Accept No Substitutes
Monochrome edited my sig. ....and it was good.Accept No Substitutes
- EvilNCarnate
- Posts: 7844
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
- Location: Springfield MO
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
The cost of repairs almost for the mechanical issues almost trump the value of the car, throw in the body damage and you will be driving an NA at the price of a VR4. I say you cut your losses, find another 3/S, buy it and then part out the old car.
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
[quote=""EvilNCarnate""]The cost of repairs almost for the mechanical issues almost trump the value of the car, throw in the body damage and you will be driving an NA at the price of a VR4. I say you cut your losses, find another 3/S, buy it and then part out the old car.[/quote]
[quote=""Echo419""]F that! I know a guy
that's selling a 1991 SL for $1500 that RUNS. and you could keep your busted car for parts or part out what you can.
[/quote]
I agree
[quote=""Echo419""]F that! I know a guy
I agree

[quote=""Daetlus""]Sometimes rectal stimulation feels good during intercourse.[/quote]
- Brandonscar
- Posts: 23020
- Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:50 pm
- Location: N. Atlanta, GA
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
Yeah if the 91 was an MXT I would own it.
I went to the tag office 3 times this week. I am making a bill of sale, seems I need one of those to get you a title to the saturn. I plan to go back today during lunch if work stays slow.
So weak they can't just look in thier computer see that I own the saturn, see that I have a photo ID, and give me another title. Why do they insist on being dicks, they know I own the damn car. they know i want to put your name on it and be done with it . . . . grrr.
BTW the check engine light still on it? I was thinking that you could put an LS1 in it when your done DD the saturn, creating the ultimate sleeper car.
I went to the tag office 3 times this week. I am making a bill of sale, seems I need one of those to get you a title to the saturn. I plan to go back today during lunch if work stays slow.
So weak they can't just look in thier computer see that I own the saturn, see that I have a photo ID, and give me another title. Why do they insist on being dicks, they know I own the damn car. they know i want to put your name on it and be done with it . . . . grrr.
BTW the check engine light still on it? I was thinking that you could put an LS1 in it when your done DD the saturn, creating the ultimate sleeper car.
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
[quote=""Brandonscar""]Yeah if the 91 was an MXT I would own it.
I went to the tag office 3 times this week. I am making a bill of sale, seems I need one of those to get you a title to the saturn. I plan to go back today during lunch if work stays slow.
So weak they can't just look in thier computer see that I own the saturn, see that I have a photo ID, and give me another title. Why do they insist on being dicks, they know I own the damn car. they know i want to put your name on it and be done with it . . . . grrr.
BTW the check engine light still on it? I was thinking that you could put an LS1 in it when your done DD the saturn, creating the ultimate sleeper car.[/quote]
well, either way I appreciate it.
yes, the tag office is retarded. lmk if you need me to come down there.
actually I was thinking of donating it to Mythbusters to blow up or something like they did with that kids parents car last night.
I went to the tag office 3 times this week. I am making a bill of sale, seems I need one of those to get you a title to the saturn. I plan to go back today during lunch if work stays slow.
So weak they can't just look in thier computer see that I own the saturn, see that I have a photo ID, and give me another title. Why do they insist on being dicks, they know I own the damn car. they know i want to put your name on it and be done with it . . . . grrr.
BTW the check engine light still on it? I was thinking that you could put an LS1 in it when your done DD the saturn, creating the ultimate sleeper car.[/quote]
well, either way I appreciate it.
yes, the tag office is retarded. lmk if you need me to come down there.
actually I was thinking of donating it to Mythbusters to blow up or something like they did with that kids parents car last night.

[quote=""Daetlus""]Sometimes rectal stimulation feels good during intercourse.[/quote]
- EvilNCarnate
- Posts: 7844
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
- Location: Springfield MO
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
[quote=""Echo419""]well, either way I appreciate it.
yes, the tag office is retarded. lmk if you need me to come down there.
actually I was thinking of donating it to Mythbusters to blow up or something like they did with that kids parents car last night.[/quote]
Just throw some 9b's on it, add some fuel... Turbo pink saturn. You could sell it to Lady Helmet.

yes, the tag office is retarded. lmk if you need me to come down there.
actually I was thinking of donating it to Mythbusters to blow up or something like they did with that kids parents car last night.[/quote]
Just throw some 9b's on it, add some fuel... Turbo pink saturn. You could sell it to Lady Helmet.
Re: Wow...Thats all I can muster
[quote=""EvilNCarnate""]The cost of repairs almost for the mechanical issues almost trump the value of the car, throw in the body damage and you will be driving an NA at the price of a VR4. I say you cut your losses, find another 3/S, buy it and then part out the old car.[/quote]
Yea I know, I just wish I had enough money to buy a VR-4 and I would do just that.
Yea I know, I just wish I had enough money to buy a VR-4 and I would do just that.