Page 2 of 2
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:36 am
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Theo1""] My rims are absolutely shot anyway. I plan to get the WAC replaca 18" 96 stealth wheels when they come out.
I think it will look pretty good with the stealth wheels cause imo 1st gen stealth wheels>1st gen VR-4 wheels (except for the chrome ones).[/quote]
wait a min i just realized you said 5 spoke>ninja star>5 spoke... you cant have it both ways

Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:25 am
by vr4
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]wait a min i just realized you said 5 spoke>ninja star>5 spoke...
you cant have it both ways 
[/quote]
sure you can

Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:33 am
by Twin-Turbo
[quote=""vr4""]1g TT wheels with no center caps look awesome.[/quote]
I ran that way for a while, but we sprayed some center caps flat black and put them on. They look great.
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:36 am
by vr4
[quote=""Twin-Turbo""]I ran that way for a while, but we sprayed some center caps flat black and put them on. They look great.[/quote]
damn youre copying everyhting i did. i did mine in a matte black. ran them for a month till my stealth got wrecked. when i put the wheels on the VR4 i never put the caps back on. LOL
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:37 am
by Twin-Turbo
[quote=""vr4""]damn youre copying everyhting i did. i did mine in a matte black. ran them for a month till my stealth got wrecked. when i put the wheels on the VR4 i never put the caps back on. LOL[/quote]
What can I say Steve, smart people think alike

Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:04 am
by Chauncy
Stealth wheels don't look bad on a 1G VR-4. When I had my output shaft and spool replaced at GZP on my old VR-4, a local member was nice enough to lend me his 1G Stealth wheels since I sold my wheels to pay for the OS replacement, and had no tires on my factory 1G chromies. It looked pretty cool actually. I wish I got pictures.
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:20 pm
by Theo1
[quote=""Chauncy""]Stealth wheels don't look bad on a 1G VR-4. When I had my output shaft and spool replaced at GZP on my old VR-4, a local member was nice enough to lend me his 1G Stealth wheels since I sold my wheels to pay for the OS replacement, and had no tires on my factory 1G chromies. It looked pretty cool actually. I wish I got pictures.[/quote]
Hey man hows it going?
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:58 pm
by Theo1
Well i got the wheels today. They are in MUCH better condition than i anticipated. Some slight rash, but they look great. Only thing that looked bad about them were the centercaps (faded to taupe) but i am repainting them. Gunna put the wheels on tonight and see how they look
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:55 pm
by Ziploc
Post pics, and remember, they look better with out the centercaps

Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:11 pm
by Theo1
Yeah they look pretty bad with them
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:45 pm
by Theo1
Ok i finally managed to get some pics, I put the stealth wheels on their just so the oem ones could get repaired:
Why they needed to be repaired:

Stock Wheels:

Stealth wheels w/ center caps:

Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:46 pm
by Theo1
Oh and i just got back the original wheels from Wheel Collision Center in Bath, PA. I have to say, they look absolutely amazing:
Before:

After:

Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:51 pm
by Ryan
my stockers are going back on soon. the 1st gen 3000's dont look too bad with stealth wheels imo, but after owning a stealth, alot of stuff grows on you including the awful swirl wheels

Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:24 pm
by vr4
[quote=""Ryan""]my stockers are going back on soon. the 1st gen 3000's dont look too bad with stealth wheels imo, but after owning a stealth, alot of stuff grows on you including the
awful swirl wheels 
[/quote]
BAN HIM!
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:55 pm
by Theo1
Any suggestions for tires? Im thinking bridgestone pole positions...
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:55 pm
by Monochrome
[quote=""Theo1""]Any suggestions for tires? Im thinking bridgestone pole positions...[/quote]
Good choice.
Re: Stealth wheels on VR4
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:04 pm
by EricVR4
[quote=""vr4""]ive confronted him about it. he got 3 (left iirc) wheels and 1 other side. he might have corrected that by now.[/quote]
As far as I know, he hasn't done anything about it. I don't think he really cares too much
And holy crap, they look brand new now. Wow.