Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
Moderator: Monochrome
- Monochrome
- Founding Members

- Posts: 18264
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
- Location: NE Maryland
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
[quote=""alienviking""]I actually like the targa Miata. Parked next to one at the store - nice little car.[/quote]
A lot of people would agree. Seems like the RF gets a lot more attention than the softtop.
A lot of people would agree. Seems like the RF gets a lot more attention than the softtop.
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
I think the targa is cool... Yeah, maybe a little more weight than a standard convertible top but looks nicer and is less hassle than a manual targa. I wouldn't mind that on my Stingray.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
[quote=""Jeff V.""]181hp is official.
https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mazda-mia ... 1826980844[/quote]
Reading the comments on that article makes my head hurt :d oh:
https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mazda-mia ... 1826980844[/quote]
Reading the comments on that article makes my head hurt :d oh:
- Monochrome
- Founding Members

- Posts: 18264
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
- Location: NE Maryland
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
[quote=""Jeff V.""]181hp is official.
https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mazda-mia ... 1826980844[/quote]
Yeah. Once one of the cars hits 36k miles, its getting traded in for a 19. Probably 8-9 months from now.
https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mazda-mia ... 1826980844[/quote]
Yeah. Once one of the cars hits 36k miles, its getting traded in for a 19. Probably 8-9 months from now.
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
A RF 2019 with the increased HP would be a tempting buy, especially if they could be had in the $20k range.

- tabasco122
- Posts: 18122
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
181 is not enough.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
[quote=""tabasco122""]181 is not enough.[/quote]
For 2,400 lbs thats pretty good. Id guess around a 13.5 second quarter mile.
For 2,400 lbs thats pretty good. Id guess around a 13.5 second quarter mile.

- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
[quote=""tabasco122""]181 is not enough.[/quote]
God damned BRZ owners
God damned BRZ owners
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18122
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
Might break into the 13s if you're lucky. Brz was similar power/weight, but the power is probably more linear in the Miata. Brz has that stupid torque dip. Neither will prevent you from getting ahead of the pickup truck or determined family sedan that wants to stop the guy in the flashy car from merging.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
Miata has been tested to be quite a bit faster than the BRZ in most comparisons.
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18122
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
quite a bit? hardly. A bit, but not quite a bit.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- Monochrome
- Founding Members

- Posts: 18264
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
- Location: NE Maryland
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
[quote=""ChargerX3""]A RF 2019 with the increased HP would be a tempting buy, especially if they could be had in the $20k range.[/quote]
20 years ago yes. Not today. Its a 35k car now.
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Miata has been tested to be quite a bit faster than the BRZ in most comparisons.[/quote]
Not that much faster. Was tempted to get one instead of a second Miata but the gas mileage is so much better in the Miata even though it was the more expensive car.
20 years ago yes. Not today. Its a 35k car now.
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Miata has been tested to be quite a bit faster than the BRZ in most comparisons.[/quote]
Not that much faster. Was tempted to get one instead of a second Miata but the gas mileage is so much better in the Miata even though it was the more expensive car.
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18122
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
[quote=""Monochrome""]20 years ago yes. Not today. Its a 35k car now.
Not that much faster. Was tempted to get one instead of a second Miata but the gas mileage is so much better in the Miata even though it was the more expensive car.[/quote]
I got 30-32 at 60, dropped off to 25-26 at 85, I get the same in the wrx.
Not that much faster. Was tempted to get one instead of a second Miata but the gas mileage is so much better in the Miata even though it was the more expensive car.[/quote]
I got 30-32 at 60, dropped off to 25-26 at 85, I get the same in the wrx.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
[quote=""tabasco122""]I got 30-32 at 60, dropped off to 25-26 at 85, I get the same in the wrx.[/quote]
I get the same in my TT Stealth. :ick:
I get the same in my TT Stealth. :ick:

- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
Really? I never got over 26 in my VR-4
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
That's because Stealth > 3K
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one

Flat ground, steady throttle, 65-70mph.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Bought a Miata - because two are better than one
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Really? I never got over 26 in my VR-4[/quote]
Yup, my first TT Stealth had 180k and was stock except for the downpipe. I was following my parents across Nevada doing about 65mph most of the way. I got just over 31mpg on the flat with a couple mountains in between.
It felt like the car was idling and that we were going SOOOOOOO SLOW! At 75 mph I would easily 26-28mpg.
Yup, my first TT Stealth had 180k and was stock except for the downpipe. I was following my parents across Nevada doing about 65mph most of the way. I got just over 31mpg on the flat with a couple mountains in between.
It felt like the car was idling and that we were going SOOOOOOO SLOW! At 75 mph I would easily 26-28mpg.
