Things that make you.....lean
Moderator: Monochrome
Re: Things that make you.....lean
I also dont get why I have b selected. I get the chart shows a b under aux but the b is suppose to be wot not aux.
Confusing.
Coop
Confusing.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Yes, disconnect the battery for a minute and then try again.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
Re: Things that make you.....lean
How about a photo of all the switches/knobs/etc in your Maf Translator? I can't follow what all you are describing.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Things that make you.....lean
What does the fuel pressure read without vacuum? Also please post the settings for your injector size and latencies that are flashed into the ECU.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Dangit, got all ready to check/flash the ecu. Got the 2003 laptop out, hooked up a battery charger to the battery....cant find my tatix. Must be where I use to keep the car. Thought I kept it in the car. Guess not. Shit.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Things that make you.....lean
You dont need to hook up to the ECU to check, unless you didnt save your latest tune on your computer...

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Don't reflash it unless you need to. There's always the risk of bricking it. Check your settings first, then decide if it needs to be flashed.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Things that make you.....lean
It should never get "unflashed". Shouldn't be any reason to flash it just because.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
Re: Things that make you.....lean
If you're using the MAFT for fuel tuning, then just slap a stock ecu back in it. Chrome versions are far less tolerant to bad O2 signals than a factory 1G ecu. But a bad O2 can cause all kinds of fuckery.
First to 184 million 
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Im not using it for tuning, im using it to run blow through. It was all just set wrong.
Cooo
Cooo
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Matt I will be glad to send you a pic, still havent gotten this whole photo thing fixed.
My injectors are set to 535
My table reads as such
4.69:3.315
7.03:1.680
9.38:1.035
11.72:0.675
14.06:0.435
16.41:0.270
18.68:0.150
I know there is a little exhaust leak, In the down pipe, even thought its all v-band, so Im gonna try and fix that this morning.
I still think the knobs on my maft should be 2 (for 360) and then 2 and 2. Right now its 2 and 0 and 0. I thin that basically says 360 idle, 320 mid and 320 high. Hence some of my issue.
Coop
My injectors are set to 535
My table reads as such
4.69:3.315
7.03:1.680
9.38:1.035
11.72:0.675
14.06:0.435
16.41:0.270
18.68:0.150
I know there is a little exhaust leak, In the down pipe, even thought its all v-band, so Im gonna try and fix that this morning.
I still think the knobs on my maft should be 2 (for 360) and then 2 and 2. Right now its 2 and 0 and 0. I thin that basically says 360 idle, 320 mid and 320 high. Hence some of my issue.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Things that make you.....lean
So I can run my hand around the v clams. No exhaust dust on my hands. Even the downpipe end thats not a vband.
I dont know why I smell like exhaust when I get out of the car.
I thought maybe my Wideband was giving a false reading because of an air leak but its just not the case. At least to the downpipe. The one connector after that looks very old, still when shaking the exhaust its fine.
Wonder if my flex section lets more exhaust through then I would like? Wonder if I could heat wrap that and it would suppress it. Funny enough this is my early powder coating days and the down pipe does have some spots that have come off, I didnt prep as well, and I dont remember if I used any high temp stuff, but the flex section powder coat has stayed. Lol.
Coop
I dont know why I smell like exhaust when I get out of the car.
I thought maybe my Wideband was giving a false reading because of an air leak but its just not the case. At least to the downpipe. The one connector after that looks very old, still when shaking the exhaust its fine.
Wonder if my flex section lets more exhaust through then I would like? Wonder if I could heat wrap that and it would suppress it. Funny enough this is my early powder coating days and the down pipe does have some spots that have come off, I didnt prep as well, and I dont remember if I used any high temp stuff, but the flex section powder coat has stayed. Lol.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Re pressure tested as all this stuff changes with heat cycles. I found a couple small leaks and I mean small. Some I could fix, some I need new clamps. But overall its pretty damn good.
Cant really start the car till moms home with the baby so I cant get you FP numbers till then.
Did my ecu stuff look correct?
Coop
Cant really start the car till moms home with the baby so I cant get you FP numbers till then.
Did my ecu stuff look correct?
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Things that make you.....lean
So I had only gotten to look at my fp gauge after I shut it off. It was sitting on 37. Well I took off the hose and while carbon dioxide was filling my garage and its getting hard breath it was at 40, so even though my Wideband reads lean and it obviously isnt, I upped the FP, then downed the biss a little.
This motherfucker pulls HARD! No knock, Wideband says lean, obviously not, still lugging at 2ish...like it wants upshift..so odd.
Im gonna take it to swimming tonight we will see.
Coop
This motherfucker pulls HARD! No knock, Wideband says lean, obviously not, still lugging at 2ish...like it wants upshift..so odd.
Im gonna take it to swimming tonight we will see.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Those are the right latencies. Fuel pressure should be 43.5 with no vacuum.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Things that make you.....lean
FP made it worse. Pretty much back to not driveable. Had to go back home and switch out cars.
Still pulls harder in boost than it ever has.
Coop
Still pulls harder in boost than it ever has.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Brave man, boosting it when it isn't running right!
So right now, you've got Chrome set for 535s and the MAF-T is set for 360s? But some of the MAF-T knobs are set to 320 or something like that? I'd flatten those all out to 360cc to start.
What exactly do you have on the car for O2 sensors? Narrowbands in both banks? A Wideband? Two widebands? If you have narrowbands, do both read lean, or does one read rich and the other lean?
What year is your car (thinking wiring crossed O2 sensors here)?
So right now, you've got Chrome set for 535s and the MAF-T is set for 360s? But some of the MAF-T knobs are set to 320 or something like that? I'd flatten those all out to 360cc to start.
What exactly do you have on the car for O2 sensors? Narrowbands in both banks? A Wideband? Two widebands? If you have narrowbands, do both read lean, or does one read rich and the other lean?
What year is your car (thinking wiring crossed O2 sensors here)?
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Cars a 92, have stock narrow bands and a Wideband. I didnt have a choice about boost. It would backfire and pop and act stupid and then take the fuck off. I have blackstealth logger in the tac, no knock.
I played with those settings on the maft and it didnt help much.
I think crossed o2s As well. I need my tatrix but Ive lost it.
Coop
I played with those settings on the maft and it didnt help much.
I think crossed o2s As well. I need my tatrix but Ive lost it.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Things that make you.....lean
92 shouldn't have to worry about moving O2 wiring around as far as I know. I had to on my Spyder because it uses CA emissions and Mitsu swapped them around on the ECU so you can't replace a CA ECU with a Fed ECU.
I'd consider using a multimeter and some jumper wires to determine if there's continuity between the O2 sensor harness signal pin and the correct pin at the ECU.
Using a Tactrix hooked up and logging with Evoscan would show you immediately if you were to just unplug one O2 sensor, but without a Tactrix that's a no-go...
I'd consider using a multimeter and some jumper wires to determine if there's continuity between the O2 sensor harness signal pin and the correct pin at the ECU.
Using a Tactrix hooked up and logging with Evoscan would show you immediately if you were to just unplug one O2 sensor, but without a Tactrix that's a no-go...
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
Re: Things that make you.....lean
Blackstealth logger shows me those. I can tell you in the morning.
Im ordering a new tatrix. Im gonna need one.
Coop
Im ordering a new tatrix. Im gonna need one.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points