Need a new daily driver
Moderator: Monochrome
Re: Need a new daily driver
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Mercedes- ... ~8&vxp=mtr
I seriously can't drive this to practice, and the gas mile sucks....but man I love it.
Coop
I seriously can't drive this to practice, and the gas mile sucks....but man I love it.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18822
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""DCIV""]Okay. Im upping the price to 10ish
Coop[/quote]
Then posts two cars/suvs around $20k...
Coop[/quote]
Then posts two cars/suvs around $20k...
Re: Need a new daily driver
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Ford-Esca ... Xl&vxp=mtr
Better gas miles, better price, could easily drive to practice....but the wife has a ford edge, dont know if I can drive an escape.
Coop
Better gas miles, better price, could easily drive to practice....but the wife has a ford edge, dont know if I can drive an escape.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Then posts two cars/suvs around $20k...[/quote]
hahahaha....thats the problem, I only wanna spend 10k but I can't find shit in that range....thats why I asked! I need help!
Coop
hahahaha....thats the problem, I only wanna spend 10k but I can't find shit in that range....thats why I asked! I need help!
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""DCIV""]https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Subaru-Cr ... Hn&vxp=mtr
Its just more than I think that car is worth!!! How long does the head gaskets last? 100k? 120k? 50k?
Coop[/quote]
The newer FA and FB engines do not seem to have the headgasket issues. Even the most recent version of NA EJ motor doesn't have the same level of issue as the mid 90s to 05ish cars.
Once you fix the headgaskets on those with the problems with proper headgaskets they are basically good for the life of the engine.
Its just more than I think that car is worth!!! How long does the head gaskets last? 100k? 120k? 50k?
Coop[/quote]
The newer FA and FB engines do not seem to have the headgasket issues. Even the most recent version of NA EJ motor doesn't have the same level of issue as the mid 90s to 05ish cars.
Once you fix the headgaskets on those with the problems with proper headgaskets they are basically good for the life of the engine.
Re: Need a new daily driver
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""Jeff V.""]https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/38046324[/quote]
Isn't the CX7 one of most unreliable cars out there?
Isn't the CX7 one of most unreliable cars out there?
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""Jeff V.""]https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/38046324[/quote]
17mpg? Is that accurate? I would really like mid low 20's. Minus the thing looking like a shrunken mini fan I like it.
Coop
17mpg? Is that accurate? I would really like mid low 20's. Minus the thing looking like a shrunken mini fan I like it.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]https://www.carmax.com/car/15248152[/quote]
my sisters gay ass husband drives one....I can't follow suit. Even though I do like it, thats kind of why I was looking at the crosstrek. Also is that the years with the head gasket issue.
Coop
my sisters gay ass husband drives one....I can't follow suit. Even though I do like it, thats kind of why I was looking at the crosstrek. Also is that the years with the head gasket issue.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18822
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""DCIV""]my sisters gay ass husband
Coop[/quote]
Um....
Coop[/quote]
Um....
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Um....[/quote]
Ive been over this before. He isn't actually gay...he is just a "theater" type of guy. He is allergic to the sun....seriously what the fuck is that.
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]https://www.carmax.com/car/15313716
No headgasket issues... Just ring land issues
[/quote]
What about this?
https://www.carmax.com/car/14901689
Coop
Ive been over this before. He isn't actually gay...he is just a "theater" type of guy. He is allergic to the sun....seriously what the fuck is that.
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]https://www.carmax.com/car/15313716
No headgasket issues... Just ring land issues
What about this?
https://www.carmax.com/car/14901689
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""DCIV""]17mpg? Is that accurate? I would really like mid low 20's. Minus the thing looking like a shrunken mini fan I like it.
Coop[/quote]
Yeah, that's terrible mileage for a glorified station wagon. That CX 9 we got is supposed to get 17/24 mpg, which still isn't great.
[quote=""DCIV""]Ive been over this before. He isn't actually gay...he is just a "theater" type of guy. He is allergic to the sun....seriously what the fuck is that.
Coop[/quote]
Wait, how does he go outside?
Coop[/quote]
Yeah, that's terrible mileage for a glorified station wagon. That CX 9 we got is supposed to get 17/24 mpg, which still isn't great.
[quote=""DCIV""]Ive been over this before. He isn't actually gay...he is just a "theater" type of guy. He is allergic to the sun....seriously what the fuck is that.
Coop[/quote]
Wait, how does he go outside?
All gave some, some gave all.
America is not at war, the US military is. America is at the mall.
America is not at war, the US military is. America is at the mall.
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]https://www.carmax.com/car/15313716
No headgasket issues... Just ring land issues
[/quote]
oh shit...like I looked at it after I posted. I like it...infact I want it. I HATE 18mpg. Isn't there a flash ecu to fix that ring land issues.
Coop
No headgasket issues... Just ring land issues
oh shit...like I looked at it after I posted. I like it...infact I want it. I HATE 18mpg. Isn't there a flash ecu to fix that ring land issues.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Need a new daily driver
We've had ours for 3 years and not one single problem. We researched it pretty thoroughly and could not find any issues with them.Chris wrote:Isn't the CX7 one of most unreliable cars out there?
The gas mileage is shit though. But Vira didn't care when we were shopping for it, and she doesn't care now.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""DCIV""]Ive been over this before. He isn't actually gay...he is just a "theater" type of guy. He is allergic to the sun....seriously what the fuck is that.
What about this?
https://www.carmax.com/car/14901689
Coop[/quote]
4 of my friends have Crosstreks and they all love them without any reliability issues that they've reported to me.
What about this?
https://www.carmax.com/car/14901689
Coop[/quote]
4 of my friends have Crosstreks and they all love them without any reliability issues that they've reported to me.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18822
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Need a new daily driver
Does it need to be a SUV?
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""DCIV""]oh shit...like I looked at it after I posted. I like it...infact I want it. I HATE 18mpg. Isn't there a flash ecu to fix that ring land issues.
Coop[/quote]
Sort of, typically when you flash tune it your tuner will remove the delay to open loop. The factory tune tries to hold onto a lean condition too long once in boost. The autos tend to not have that issue as much since they will just downshift instead of loading up the engine at low RPM
Coop[/quote]
Sort of, typically when you flash tune it your tuner will remove the delay to open loop. The factory tune tries to hold onto a lean condition too long once in boost. The autos tend to not have that issue as much since they will just downshift instead of loading up the engine at low RPM
Re: Need a new daily driver
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Does it need to be a SUV?[/quote]
no. It would help my driveway situation a lot though.
Coop
no. It would help my driveway situation a lot though.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points