99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

JagdStealth
Posts: 11702
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:58 pm
Location: San Diego, TEXAFORNIA!

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by JagdStealth »

TSX is nicer than the Si, that's for sure. You're right about 2.4L it's the non V6 motor in the older Accord I think?

I was looking for something more Luxury than sport so that's why I wasn't a big fan of the TSX. It's billed as an entry level luxury car for the younger market who doesn't have $50k to spend, but it felt less luxurious than the Accord coupe and more like a trumped up civic, which is good if you're looking for something light and nimble that's a bit nicer than your average car.
User avatar
vegasidol
Founding Members
Founding Members
Posts: 21751
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:52 am
Location: KCMO

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by vegasidol »

Not a fan of the combat wing on a stealth... :eh: But maybe that's just because it's not a 'usual combination'. I'd have to see it on the road.
User avatar
aaronatstate
Posts: 9890
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by aaronatstate »

I do not like the 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth at all. The only 3000 wing I like on the Stealths are the hoop wing, but that is only on certain cars (gate's for example). The 96 Stealth wing looks best on any Stealth hands down. :)
Image
Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
:)
pearlwhite3kgt
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:30 pm

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by pearlwhite3kgt »

Looks better than your vette.
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15951
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by Chris GTO TT »

[quote=""pearlwhite3kgt""]Looks better than your vette.[/quote]

uhhhh what was the point of that?
JagdStealth
Posts: 11702
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:58 pm
Location: San Diego, TEXAFORNIA!

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by JagdStealth »

Just a troll...

I'm not a fan of the cmobat wing on a stealth either, doesn't flow with the lines of the car that well.
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6466
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by BillyC »

The banana looks best on Stealths...the combat wing is too angular and doesn't flow well with the fluid lines on a Stealth.
User avatar
oxrageous
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Port St Lucie, FL

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by oxrageous »

[quote=""pearlwhite3kgt""]Looks better than your vette.[/quote]
I'm hurt by this. :lol:
Image
User avatar
Wolf_Zero
Posts: 4876
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by Wolf_Zero »

I don't like wings on stealths at all, they look better wingless IMO. That being said, the '99 wing is a ricer wing to me. Hell the first time my friend saw a '99 VR-4 he told me he saw a vr-4 in great condition but it was riced out.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions."
User avatar
BleedScarlet
Posts: 10170
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: In your pants, if you'll let me.
Contact:

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by BleedScarlet »

Combat wing looks hideous on anything that's not a fighter plane.
-Avi
Image
On the Internet they say, "You never get this! You never get this!" But then one day they all met in Cali and they get this.
User avatar
EvilNCarnate
Posts: 7844
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Springfield MO

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by EvilNCarnate »

I dont think the 99 wing goes with the stealth rear, just the fact the lights are so high up on the ass of those. There is no separation. The 3000's have a little separation to them.
Image
User avatar
TheHarleyMod
Posts: 4466
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:13 am
Location: The OC
Contact:

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by TheHarleyMod »

I don't particularly care for the '99 wing on Stealths, but it is an attention-getter.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Hannibalzero: Whoa, Jeffro and Melis in the same thread? Did we somehow enter a timewarp back to 2008? :D
thestealth:woohoo...I'm only 35!!! :ick:

[quote=""Melis""]All I can say is I love how Graig breaks threads with his sarcastic remarks.........I always chuckle when things get all serious and I'm reading along........ and here comes MONOCHROME BOOM! :lol:

Like a boner bonanza combo breaker[/quote]
User avatar
oxrageous
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Port St Lucie, FL

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by oxrageous »

I think that looks freaking hideous, particularly with the huger ricer fart can. I won't even comment on the Home Depot black fins. What a waste.
Image
pearlwhite3kgt
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:30 pm

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by pearlwhite3kgt »

[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]uhhhh what was the point of that?[/quote]

A joke. :lol:
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15951
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by Chris GTO TT »

[quote=""pearlwhite3kgt""]A joke. :lol: [/quote]

Image
User avatar
Vitamin A
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: camp lejuene nc

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by Vitamin A »

Chris>Pearl White
Image
User avatar
oxrageous
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Port St Lucie, FL

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by oxrageous »

[quote=""pearlwhite3kgt""]A joke. :lol: [/quote]
You weren't joking. Nice try, however.
Image
User avatar
Vitamin A
Posts: 2705
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: camp lejuene nc

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by Vitamin A »

Image
Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18821
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by Duck Vader »

To each his own I guess. I personally don't like big wings at all, on any car, ever.
~jessmar~
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:52 am
Location: New Haven, CT.
Contact:

Re: 99 VR-4 wing on a Stealth? ::screams::

Post by ~jessmar~ »

isn't the banana wing a kind of essential signifier of "stealthness?"

don't read me wrong--i love the stealth design; but take away the banana, and it's a generically early '90's rounded / swoop / hint-of-cab forward design. there's a reason idiots out there confuse them with probes, DSMs, 4th gen GM F-cars and all the other products of early '90s thinking that had the same cues.

but the banana wing--that was different, special, memorable. to my mind, remove the banana wing, and you've taken away a good share of the car's identity.

and in general, thumbs way, way down to the '99 wing. if you're gonna hang a huge wing on the back, i say make it a real aerodynamic enhancement and just go for an APR GTC-300 or 500 fin.

~jm~
Post Reply