Rear mount condensor
Moderator: Monochrome
Re: Rear mount condensor
I am not using the R4 if thats what your curious about. Its a sanden 508, its used as a replacement for a lot of GM vehicular. I am going to use the stock switch, just need to get the spot to put it. Ordered the parts this morning, and need to take a trip to the welder with them and then I can put it in.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
Ok. Guess I missed where you changed your comp options.
Good luck.
Good luck.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Rear mount condensor
Every system needs one, i just wanted to know if it was going to work. I still need to find where it actually let loose as it was near the compressor, maybe I need a small heat shield or something and just the heat and pressure did it.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- jackhammer
- Posts: 8167
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:53 pm
- Location: 763-219-9407
Re: Rear mount condensor
Stock switch wont work, you need the opposite of stock for your bandaid.
The stock switch is a low pressure switch so the comp doesnt burn up if too much or all the freon leaks out
The stock high pressure safety is a relief valve that blows freon into the atmosphere if the pressure gets too high, and is part of the stock compressor
The stock switch is a low pressure switch so the comp doesnt burn up if too much or all the freon leaks out
The stock high pressure safety is a relief valve that blows freon into the atmosphere if the pressure gets too high, and is part of the stock compressor
Re: Rear mount condensor
The stock switch is dual-pressure. It can trip on either a high or a low point.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- jackhammer
- Posts: 8167
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:53 pm
- Location: 763-219-9407
Re: Rear mount condensor
Interesting. When my expansion valve was clogged, it just blew freon out of the compressor.....
Maybe it was just too loud and scary to notice the comp also turned off at the same time
Maybe it was just too loud and scary to notice the comp also turned off at the same time
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Rear mount condensor
My expansion valve is stuck right now in mine (replacing tomorrow), and my compressor kicks off at 399psi on the high side, and turns back on at 300 on the low side, just like its supposed to.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Rear mount condensor
so your pressure relive valve is doing exactly what its suppose to do. I didnt have one in my system.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""DCIV""]so your pressure relive valve is doing exactly what its suppose to do. I didnt have one in my system.
Coop[/quote]
Pressure relief valve is different from the high pressure switch. The high pressure switch turns the compressor off at 399psi. The pressure relieve valve dumps freon out of the system at 505psi.
Coop[/quote]
Pressure relief valve is different from the high pressure switch. The high pressure switch turns the compressor off at 399psi. The pressure relieve valve dumps freon out of the system at 505psi.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Rear mount condensor
Ok replaced the expansion valve, and core. Found the part of the line that busted, cut it out and hooked everything back up. 4 cans if full, I put in two. This refrigerant I am using says it can operate low or high so we will see if half full will keep the pressure down and allow me to have ac. I have to say its colder right now then it was after I got done the other day...not by much but I can deff tell the new replacements do help. I ordered the stuff to add in the high and low pressure switch and got more refrigerant on the way in case it still cant handle 2 cans.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
Oh I wanted to say my core was VERY full with oil. Not clean oil that had just been added either.....so I think that was prob the biggest difference.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
Just doing some research and I could go to a sanden 510, it would bolt right in (like an inch longer) but 5,000 more btu's
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- jackhammer
- Posts: 8167
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:53 pm
- Location: 763-219-9407
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""jackhammer""]Over where? You better not be going to get it charged before you replace the expansion valve.......[/quote]
[quote=""DCIV""]I said in shout i needed to change it out before hand. dont worry wayne I am not.
Coop[/quote]
[quote=""DCIV""]well the ac lasted all of 5 mins till it blew a line LOL. I think a pressure valve may need to be in the system.
Coop[/quote]
[quote=""DCIV""]Ok replaced the expansion valve, and core. Found the part of the line that busted, cut it out and hooked everything back up. 4 cans if full, I put in two. This refrigerant I am using says it can operate low or high so we will see if half full will keep the pressure down and allow me to have ac. I have to say its colder right now then it was after I got done the other day...not by much but I can deff tell the new replacements do help. I ordered the stuff to add in the high and low pressure switch and got more refrigerant on the way in case it still cant handle 2 cans.
Coop[/quote]
Please dont ask for my advise on any more of your oddball/hairbrain car ideas if you're not only going to ignore it, but also lie and say you did it
I think we should limit out relations to friends............
[quote=""DCIV""]I said in shout i needed to change it out before hand. dont worry wayne I am not.
Coop[/quote]
[quote=""DCIV""]well the ac lasted all of 5 mins till it blew a line LOL. I think a pressure valve may need to be in the system.
Coop[/quote]
[quote=""DCIV""]Ok replaced the expansion valve, and core. Found the part of the line that busted, cut it out and hooked everything back up. 4 cans if full, I put in two. This refrigerant I am using says it can operate low or high so we will see if half full will keep the pressure down and allow me to have ac. I have to say its colder right now then it was after I got done the other day...not by much but I can deff tell the new replacements do help. I ordered the stuff to add in the high and low pressure switch and got more refrigerant on the way in case it still cant handle 2 cans.
Coop[/quote]
Please dont ask for my advise on any more of your oddball/hairbrain car ideas if you're not only going to ignore it, but also lie and say you did it
I think we should limit out relations to friends............
Re: Rear mount condensor
I am sorry wayne, I just really had to test it. You know I always know your right. I give you mad props on your knowledge and willingness to do crazy things. You know how many, and who, told you not to use that pick up....and did you listen? Now why is mine oddball/hairbrain and yours isnt?
Ok first test, I drove for 15 mins (back from swim practice) with it running. I had it on 65 and then realized it would stay on that if I didnt back it down on degree (correct me if I am wrong on that please). So I put it at 66 and auto. it ended up going one below the middle, and about half way on the fan. I got to where I felt comfortable but not cold. I should mention that I keep my room at 66 so thats what I like.
I will continue to test it and even get a temp gauge to see what temps its putting out at the vents. Plus hopefully put in the pressure switch and fully charge it. I think this will work very well for when its raining and I cant have my windows down and going down the interstate and want to listen/talk on the phone. I dont know how this will be when its 100 plus degree's out and would prob need the upgrade in compressor and the Porsche condenser. Which I am not against getting, just ready to be done with this project and on to my next one. Only time will tell how it will hold up though.
Coop
Ok first test, I drove for 15 mins (back from swim practice) with it running. I had it on 65 and then realized it would stay on that if I didnt back it down on degree (correct me if I am wrong on that please). So I put it at 66 and auto. it ended up going one below the middle, and about half way on the fan. I got to where I felt comfortable but not cold. I should mention that I keep my room at 66 so thats what I like.
I will continue to test it and even get a temp gauge to see what temps its putting out at the vents. Plus hopefully put in the pressure switch and fully charge it. I think this will work very well for when its raining and I cant have my windows down and going down the interstate and want to listen/talk on the phone. I dont know how this will be when its 100 plus degree's out and would prob need the upgrade in compressor and the Porsche condenser. Which I am not against getting, just ready to be done with this project and on to my next one. Only time will tell how it will hold up though.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Darkhelmet
- Posts: 3370
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:28 am
- Location: Spaceball one
Re: Rear mount condensor
so wait. you opened up the system to fix a line, sealed it up and then put in the refrigerant?
I think you missed the part where you need to vacuum out the system to negative pressure, then put in the refrigerant. otherwise you could have 2 cans worth of air in there inhibiting the cooling action.
ignore me if someone posted this already, I haven't read the whole thread
I think you missed the part where you need to vacuum out the system to negative pressure, then put in the refrigerant. otherwise you could have 2 cans worth of air in there inhibiting the cooling action.
ignore me if someone posted this already, I haven't read the whole thread
[thestealth] It's not every laborador-sized mammal that gets a damned APC named after it, but the Honey Badger isn't your typical member of the Mammalia class. He's a brutal, vicious killer who kicks asses, never backs down, never registers fear, destroys everything in its path and then adorably trots off into the sunset with his prey in his teeth and the severed nutsacks of his enemies still gripped between his dagger-like claws. It's a badass animal.
[thestealth] just like steve
[thestealth] just like steve
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""Darkhelmet""]so wait. you opened up the system to fix a line, sealed it up and then put in the refrigerant?
I think you missed the part where you need to vacuum out the system to negative pressure, then put in the refrigerant. otherwise you could have 2 cans worth of air in there inhibiting the cooling action.
ignore me if someone posted this already, I haven't read the whole thread[/quote]
What Steve said, and in addition, if the lines were split for any amount of time, the receiver/dryer should be replaced.
I think you missed the part where you need to vacuum out the system to negative pressure, then put in the refrigerant. otherwise you could have 2 cans worth of air in there inhibiting the cooling action.
ignore me if someone posted this already, I haven't read the whole thread[/quote]
What Steve said, and in addition, if the lines were split for any amount of time, the receiver/dryer should be replaced.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Rear mount condensor
It still had refrigerant in it, when I opened the system it went nuts in the engine bay. The dryer only didnt have coolant in it for prob 20-30 mins. I do need to top off the refrigerant correctly, steve is right.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Rear mount condensor
Alright test 2 this morning. Defrost. I had dew on my windshield this morning and for those of you who have ever had to try and get that off with out wipers then you know how much it sucks. Well usually I have to wait till my car heats up and blast it with hot air and that usually helps but this morning....a/c, made it go away very nice and quick.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- green-lantern
- Posts: 14814
- Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:50 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Rear mount condensor
You can get a vacuum pump from auto zone with the loan a tool thing. It’s what I do
I actually have a pump but it doesn’t have the correct adaptor on it.
I actually have a pump but it doesn’t have the correct adaptor on it.
[quote=""Hans_GZP""] I think I had Em reach her bitch paws in there to get the nuts off. [/quote]
"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Rear mount condensor
[quote=""DCIV""]Alright test 2 this morning. Defrost. I had dew on my windshield this morning and for those of you who have ever had to try and get that off with out wipers then you know how much it sucks. Well usually I have to wait till my car heats up and blast it with hot air and that usually helps but this morning....a/c, made it go away very nice and quick.
Coop[/quote]
im pretty sure its just the air. my car has no AC or heat, and i just blast it with normal air and it gets rid of the inside dew...
Coop[/quote]
im pretty sure its just the air. my car has no AC or heat, and i just blast it with normal air and it gets rid of the inside dew...
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler