How do we get 3si back on top

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

Post Reply
User avatar
Brandonscar
Posts: 23020
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: N. Atlanta, GA

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by Brandonscar »

Don't take this wrong, ok well I am sure it will come out wrong. TNAP never bothered me, I figured if they had to hunt in packs, individualy they were weak.

I know this is not the case now, I know a few of you all from BAWC and you all seem cool. Just a noobs perception of the whole TNAP conterversy.

I am pretty sure my shity experiance on 3si wasn't TNAP invoked. I did manage to get my thread locked by Alan, and was quite suprised I wasn't suspended for it, I probably should have been.

I would post a link for you all to regail in my shity thread, but honestly I don't feel like searching for it. ;)
User avatar
Brandonscar
Posts: 23020
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: N. Atlanta, GA

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by Brandonscar »

[quote=""Jimmy Neutron""]oh, and you guys were way harsh on klinenator[/quote]

Audiable, to his credit has helped me out when I sent him PM's on 3si. He was always very helpful, and never bitched about me asking stupid stuff in PM. He may have been having a bad day, maybe he was board, who knows.

The problem isn't when one person is having a bad day or whatever, anyone can deal with 1 or 2 people talking shit. It only really pisses you off when the sharks smell blood and decend on thier prey.
GTO Assassin
Posts: 14275
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 pm

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by GTO Assassin »

:lol: @ TNAP
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6466
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by BillyC »

1st off...a "return to the good old days" probably won't happen, ever. The 1st pioneers of the platform/forum have moved on and will likely not return.

There needs to be a lounge. There has to be a pressure relief valve, especially with a forum primarily populated by men. If members still want to line Ekools pockets, the members area can remain.

Remove the general section altogether. It's just a catch all now, if it were gone, maybe people would post in the proper tech sections.

Fourth; Heavy moderation. The mod squad need to all be somewhat on the same page. They need to be moving threads to the proper forums. They need to be willing to be leaders of their respective areas and the forum in general.

What made 3si great was the old guard would be willing to answer what we all consider to be common problems/knowledge.

If a user posts a stupid question, is it really so hard to ignore it? Responding to idiots only validate them. If their dumb questions continue to be ignored, maybe they will change their line of thinking or move on. It is not that hard.

Keep threads in the tech areas ONTOPIC. That's what mucks up the search process more than anything. Digging through 20 pages of crap just to find an answer.
User avatar
eljefefx
Navy E5
Navy E5
Posts: 8120
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:34 am
Location: Texas

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by eljefefx »

You know what, let's just end the argument once and for all and how about everyone blame TANP. Blame a fucking avatar, ok?

We all happy?


Good.
Yeah, I'm alive.
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6466
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by BillyC »

TANP is not really the problem. It's not so much the solution either. The problem lies much deeper than your little group of regulators.
User avatar
Brandonscar
Posts: 23020
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Location: N. Atlanta, GA

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by Brandonscar »

[quote=""thestealth""]TANP is not really the problem. It's not so much the solution either. The problem lies much deeper than your little group of regulators.[/quote]

Agreed, as I said TNAP didn't bother me in the least on 3si as class of 2007.
User avatar
Zentelis
Posts: 7829
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:45 pm

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by Zentelis »

Personally I'm not over there much because I have zilch to contribute, and I have nothing to ask. I haven't done a thing with these cars in more than 2 years. The Stealth is rusty for god's sake!

When I finally get my mods, there are a few people who I'll be PMing..but as for making posts? There's no need..all of my questions can (and have, so far) been answered by people who have _already done it_.
The only reason I would have to post is to show off. Now seeing as I'm such an attention whore, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be doing that..but I highly doubt I'll be asking any questions :p

Anyway, as for "what to do" about 3Si..I honestly believe the problems will solve themselves. This car lineup is in that funny period of transition where it's still a relatively cool car, and it's dirt cheap. That means every tom, dick, and noobie can afford one.
Eventually, the cool factor will wear off for all but the most loyal and hardcore enthusiasts.
I always think about the Charger forum..that's a 40+ year old car, now, and the majority of members over there are all like-minded..exactly like 3Si was when it first started.
But I'd bet that there was a transition period about 20 years ago when the Charger "clubs" (at the time) were full of idiots who could buy those cars for $500.
Last edited by Zentelis on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SAgosto
Posts: 11973
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:45 am
Location: Bronxville, NY

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by SAgosto »

I love 3SI just to read about IPO attempts to cover up his bullshit and lies.
Image

Failboys record at home vs Giants: 0-1
Jimmy Neutron
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:02 am

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by Jimmy Neutron »

[quote=""Brandonscar""]Audiable, to his credit has helped me out when I sent him PM's on 3si. He was always very helpful, and never bitched about me asking stupid stuff in PM. He may have been having a bad day, maybe he was board, who knows.

The problem isn't when one person is having a bad day or whatever, anyone can deal with 1 or 2 people talking shit. It only really pisses you off when the sharks smell blood and decend on thier prey.[/quote]

Ive always know mike to be a good guy on the forum, i was surprised to see him treating someone that way
Image
JagdStealth
Posts: 11702
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:58 pm
Location: San Diego, TEXAFORNIA!

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by JagdStealth »

[quote=""eljefefx""]You know what, let's just end the argument once and for all and how about everyone blame TANP. Blame a fucking avatar, ok?

We all happy?


Good.[/quote]

I wasn't trying to single out TANP, just everyone who makes it a point to attack/haze noobs. TANP just seems to make the biggest point of it, you admitted yourself that you have no business over there aside from attacking people.

Hell, I don't care...it's fun and I don't go to 3si anymore :D
-Mike
Image
User avatar
eljefefx
Navy E5
Navy E5
Posts: 8120
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:34 am
Location: Texas

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by eljefefx »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I help people when I can. Yesterday, as I said, I helped a person out with a 99 lifter question.


TANP does not make the biggest point, we're just the biggest target because we're easily identifiable(sp).
Yeah, I'm alive.
synergytheory
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:14 pm
Location: Phoenix/Sydney

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by synergytheory »

[quote=""Sean Johnson""]The older members need to remember they were there at one point yrs ago.[/quote]

Exactly.

I'm sure quite a few valuable members of 3si asked stupid questions when they first joined.

In my opinion jumping on noobs because they can't spell, or construct a sentence, or even ask a stupid question, is chasing off a potential valuable members.

Sure, some noobs are lost causes, but instead of wasting effort blasting them...help them out, at least one time. Maybe they will get it and end up with a big passion for 3/s's.

In my opinion being an asshole to new members is not helping 3si in any form. Quite honestly I thought all TANP members were cock suckers until I joined BAWC, now I can see you guys are actually pretty cool.

Why can't we all just get along?
User avatar
eljefefx
Navy E5
Navy E5
Posts: 8120
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:34 am
Location: Texas

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by eljefefx »

You know why we're cool over here?


There aren't any cock-sucking troglodites. Actually, maTT is a member but he never comes here anymore, so there's at least one.
Yeah, I'm alive.
User avatar
stealthee
Posts: 5064
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am
Location: SWPA
Contact:

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by stealthee »

[quote=""klinenator""]I'll find the one where i asked a general turbo question in the general forums and got flamed because it wasnt 3s related...

http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php ... klinenator[/quote]
The reason the flaming came about was the fact your question was so vague no one knew what the hell you were posting about. Considering every person thought you wanted to put a T28 on a 3000gt, I'd say you asked the question wrong.

If your original post would have mentioned the fact that is was DSM specific then there never would have been a problem. It wasnt until you threw an attitude that the flaming started.
Image
95teetee
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: Drumheller, Ab.

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by 95teetee »

[quote=""stealthee""]The reason the flaming came about was the fact your question was so vague no one knew what the hell you were posting about. Considering every person thought you wanted to put a T28 on a 3000gt, I'd say you asked the question wrong.

If your original post would have mentioned the fact that is was DSM specific then there never would have been a problem. It wasnt until you threw an attitude that the flaming started.[/quote]


the title of the thread was 'T25 to big T28' and then he asked about the conversion. I don't know anything about turbos, and I know exactly what he was asking for.
Kline. your posts #21 and #23 were absolutely perfect in this thread btw :)
User avatar
klinenator
Posts: 8940
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:36 am

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by klinenator »

[quote=""stealthee""]The reason the flaming came about was the fact your question was so vague no one knew what the hell you were posting about. Considering every person thought you wanted to put a T28 on a 3000gt, I'd say you asked the question wrong.

If your original post would have mentioned the fact that is was DSM specific then there never would have been a problem. It wasnt until you threw an attitude that the flaming started.[/quote]

I wouldnt throw an attitude unless someone was giving me one first. I agree that either mike really didnt like me previously or he was having a bad day but i feel like everyone else just joined in. If you guys didnt understand i would have been happy to re phrase.
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18124
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by tabasco122 »

i just read the whole thread, and i would have to agree. The forum is for General Automotive and 3S related talk, dsm turbo upgrades falls under general automotive. Everyone just seemed to push him to the ground and raped him in the corner....
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
stealthee
Posts: 5064
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am
Location: SWPA
Contact:

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by stealthee »

[quote=""tabasco122""]i just read the whole thread, and i would have to agree. The forum is for General Automotive and 3S related talk, dsm turbo upgrades falls under general automotive. Everyone just seemed to push him to the ground and raped him in the corner....[/quote]
We understand is for General automotive. Being he wasnt specific at all about what he wanted it was to be assumed he wanted to put it on a 3s. If I went to Supra Forums and said, "How hard is to do a 13g conversion?" I would be given the same type of responses for not being clear about the info I seeked. Even though I know its for a 3/s because I didnt specify everyone is going to assume I want to put a 13g on a Supra.

All he had do was be CLEAR AND CONCISE about exactly the info he was seeking. He failed in that part.
Image
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18124
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: How do we get 3si back on top

Post by tabasco122 »

[quote=""stealthee""]We understand is for General automotive. Being he wasnt specific at all about what he wanted it was to be assumed he wanted to put it on a 3s. If I went to Supra Forums and said, "How hard is to do a 13g conversion?" I would be given the same type of responses for not being clear about the info I seeked. Even though I know its for a 3/s because I didnt specify everyone is going to assume I want to put a 13g on a Supra.

All he had do was be CLEAR AND CONCISE about exactly the info he was seeking. He failed in that part.[/quote]

doesnt matter if he wanted to do it one a 3s or a moped, he still didnt deserve that kind of treatment. not even "electric supercharger" threads deserve that kind of treatment. its uncivil and uncalled for...
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

Post Reply