Page 6 of 15

Re: Round 2

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:08 pm
by alienviking
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]The biggest visual issue with the C5 is it is huge and its styling makes it look big too. The C6, which is basically just a C5.5 is smaller and visually looks smaller.
[/quote]

I actually think the C6 looks larger than the C5 shrug.

[quote=""Jeff V.""]C5 was crap.
C6 was rental car grade.
C7 is vastly improved.
[/quote]

And I still prefer the looks of the C5Z shrug. Not sure what it is. C7 beats out C6 for me, but yeah.. I wasn't sold on it 100% in pictures before they released it and still am not to this day.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:42 pm
by Jeff V.
I'm just talking about interior quality. If I wanted cheap speed, I'd buy the C5, throw a decent set of seats in it, and call it a day.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:59 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Jeff V.""]C5 was crap.
C6 was rental car grade.
C7 is vastly improved.

Chris, get a cheap 986 Boxster and either make sure the IMS bearing is done, or plan on doing it yourself.[/quote]

Yep C7 Chevy finally took the interior seriously.

As much as I enjoy my parents 04 Boxster and as much as I'd probably prefer the drive and day to day usability of it, the maintenance costs on it are out of control. There is a good reason many of them are getting cheap.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:06 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Having done some research on Vettes it looks like I may not want that one. It's suspension the F45 active dampened shocks aren't that good, and have the soft springs. If I'm going to go with a Vette it looks like I'll have to hold out for a Z51.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:20 am
by Jeff V.
Something to keep in mind if you start looking at C6s.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019/04 ... corvettes/

This was like magic on my C7. I'm amazed he's going to do this for the C6, without GMs backing.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:54 am
by Chris GTO TT
Was poking at Vettes on CL and it looks like decent C6s are $19-25k. I could afford it, but I'm not sure I want to. I think my best Vette option is a C5 Z51 and some Z06 shocks.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:42 pm
by Chris GTO TT

Re: Round 2

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:48 pm
by Duck Vader
No

Re: Round 2

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:53 pm
by Chris GTO TT
:sulk: why not?

Re: Round 2

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:55 pm
by Duck Vader
Boring.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:05 am
by aaronatstate
Seconded for the no. You have a boring car already. Buy something fun.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:41 am
by vr4
[quote=""aaronatstate""]Seconded for the no. You have a boring car already. Buy something fun.[/quote]

Thirded.

Motion passed.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:08 am
by Chris GTO TT
:sulk:

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:16 am
by DCIV
Lol chris you have the hardest time with vehicles.


Get a vr4.


Coop

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:08 pm
by alienviking
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Boring.[/quote]

Says the Volt owner who is buying a truck. Hah.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:37 pm
by Duck Vader
Exactly.

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:09 pm
by Duck Vader

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:11 pm
by DCIV
So much win in the vette.


Coop

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:05 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Found a C5 Z06 for $16k, went to look at tires... Only the oe Goodyear F1 Supercar is available in the stock sizes. :grumble:

Re: Round 2

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:15 pm
by vr4
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Found a C5 Z06 for $16k, went to look at tires... Only the oe Goodyear F1 Supercar is available in the stock sizes. :grumble: [/quote]

That's why you look around the stock sizes. No law says you have to stick with exactly stock.


I ran 255/40s on my vr4. 31x10.5s on my Montero.