Round 2
Moderator: Monochrome
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Round 2
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]The biggest visual issue with the C5 is it is huge and its styling makes it look big too. The C6, which is basically just a C5.5 is smaller and visually looks smaller.
[/quote]
I actually think the C6 looks larger than the C5 shrug.
[quote=""Jeff V.""]C5 was crap.
C6 was rental car grade.
C7 is vastly improved.
[/quote]
And I still prefer the looks of the C5Z shrug. Not sure what it is. C7 beats out C6 for me, but yeah.. I wasn't sold on it 100% in pictures before they released it and still am not to this day.
[/quote]
I actually think the C6 looks larger than the C5 shrug.
[quote=""Jeff V.""]C5 was crap.
C6 was rental car grade.
C7 is vastly improved.
[/quote]
And I still prefer the looks of the C5Z shrug. Not sure what it is. C7 beats out C6 for me, but yeah.. I wasn't sold on it 100% in pictures before they released it and still am not to this day.
Re: Round 2
I'm just talking about interior quality. If I wanted cheap speed, I'd buy the C5, throw a decent set of seats in it, and call it a day.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Round 2
[quote=""Jeff V.""]C5 was crap.
C6 was rental car grade.
C7 is vastly improved.
Chris, get a cheap 986 Boxster and either make sure the IMS bearing is done, or plan on doing it yourself.[/quote]
Yep C7 Chevy finally took the interior seriously.
As much as I enjoy my parents 04 Boxster and as much as I'd probably prefer the drive and day to day usability of it, the maintenance costs on it are out of control. There is a good reason many of them are getting cheap.
C6 was rental car grade.
C7 is vastly improved.
Chris, get a cheap 986 Boxster and either make sure the IMS bearing is done, or plan on doing it yourself.[/quote]
Yep C7 Chevy finally took the interior seriously.
As much as I enjoy my parents 04 Boxster and as much as I'd probably prefer the drive and day to day usability of it, the maintenance costs on it are out of control. There is a good reason many of them are getting cheap.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Round 2
Having done some research on Vettes it looks like I may not want that one. It's suspension the F45 active dampened shocks aren't that good, and have the soft springs. If I'm going to go with a Vette it looks like I'll have to hold out for a Z51.
Re: Round 2
Something to keep in mind if you start looking at C6s.
https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019/04 ... corvettes/
This was like magic on my C7. I'm amazed he's going to do this for the C6, without GMs backing.
https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019/04 ... corvettes/
This was like magic on my C7. I'm amazed he's going to do this for the C6, without GMs backing.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Round 2
Was poking at Vettes on CL and it looks like decent C6s are $19-25k. I could afford it, but I'm not sure I want to. I think my best Vette option is a C5 Z51 and some Z06 shocks.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Round 2
What if I get something kinda boring but with sporting pretense?
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/d ... 20694.html
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/d ... 49680.html
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/d ... 20694.html
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/d ... 49680.html
Last edited by Chris GTO TT on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Round 2
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Round 2
Seconded for the no. You have a boring car already. Buy something fun.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Round 2
[quote=""aaronatstate""]Seconded for the no. You have a boring car already. Buy something fun.[/quote]
Thirded.
Motion passed.
Thirded.
Motion passed.
DOGE
Re: Round 2
Lol chris you have the hardest time with vehicles.
Get a vr4.
Coop
Get a vr4.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Round 2
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Boring.[/quote]
Says the Volt owner who is buying a truck. Hah.
Says the Volt owner who is buying a truck. Hah.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Round 2
So much win in the vette.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Round 2
Found a C5 Z06 for $16k, went to look at tires... Only the oe Goodyear F1 Supercar is available in the stock sizes. 
Re: Round 2
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Found a C5 Z06 for $16k, went to look at tires... Only the oe Goodyear F1 Supercar is available in the stock sizes.
[/quote]
That's why you look around the stock sizes. No law says you have to stick with exactly stock.
I ran 255/40s on my vr4. 31x10.5s on my Montero.
That's why you look around the stock sizes. No law says you have to stick with exactly stock.
I ran 255/40s on my vr4. 31x10.5s on my Montero.
DOGE