Page 6 of 58

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:30 pm
by green-lantern
[quote=""DCIV""]Pretty sure they wouldn't care even if I used cardboard for a windshield.


Coop[/quote]

:lol: probably not

ahhh, I love Tennessee

No kidding, Greg has me thinking about this.

My bucket list has this on it

GTM
Image


but building one of these Exocet is going to be a lot more realistic, at least in the near future.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:33 pm
by Monochrome
[quote=""green-lantern""]but building one of these is going to be a lot more realistic, at least in the near future.[/quote]

See that's just it. The price is right. The mechanical skill needed to build one is low. The design and engineering are worked out very well. Its a very real and tangible kit car that brings our dreams into our driveways.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:50 pm
by Monochrome
Seller of the miata is being a pain in the ass. He wanted the payment in full in CASH within 5 days of the end of the auction. Told him that was impossible but I could wire transfer. He accepted that. Then bitched because they only go out on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

Now he's trying to get me to pay all kinds of "fees" because he's losing $$ on the sale and still has to pay eBay. Like that's my problem.... For example he wants $300 for title transfer. Told him I won't be registering the car so I don't need that service. Then he wanted $350 for a temporary tag so I could drive the car home. Screw that. I'll pay Jason Y $400 to tow it for me.

I'm only obligated to pay the auction price so that's all he will get. Not my problem the car didn't go for as much as he was hoping or that he chose not to use a reserve.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:05 pm
by J-Groove
Ugh, that sucks.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:07 pm
by Jeff V.
Hopefully he's got enough of a positive stake in his eBay reputation that it would be a very bad idea for him to completely renege on you. He needs to just suck up his loss and see it as a lesson.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:34 pm
by DCIV
I've never had a temp tag to drive home.


Coop

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:01 pm
by Monochrome
[quote=""DCIV""]I've never had a temp tag to drive home.


Coop[/quote]

PA troopers will pull me over and tow my car without one. Found that out the hard way once.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:15 pm
by DCIV
That's some bull shit right there!


Coop

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:33 pm
by ChargerX3
Starting to sound like a nightmare. Next he will take a razorblade to your seats and dump rocks into the motor.

Bail!

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:39 am
by green-lantern
So did this go through or what?

Also was wondering if it's going to be turbo or NA. I wasn't quite clear on that.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:54 am
by Monochrome
I paid for the car. Just waiting on Jason to get it for me.

Also paid the down payment on the Exocet. They are figuring a 16 week turn around before its ready. Then we will be going down to Atlanta to pick it up.

I'm about to drop 9k at flyin miata for a bunch of parts. ;)

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 pm
by green-lantern
[quote=""Monochrome""]

I'm about to drop 9k at flyin miata for a bunch of parts. ;) [/quote]

Do tell more

Also are you going to swing by and visit on your way back up?

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:15 pm
by Monochrome
[quote=""green-lantern""]Do tell more

Also are you going to swing by and visit on your way back up?[/quote]

You're the opposite direction from where I'm going.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:37 pm
by green-lantern
Not going to tell me about the engine build? :p


Where you going? Texas?

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:48 pm
by Monochrome
[quote=""green-lantern""]Not going to tell me about the engine build? :p


Where you going? Texas?[/quote]

North Carolina

Engine build:

Flyin Miata II turbo kit (comes with hydra stand alone ECU, sensors, turbo, manifolds, down pipe, lines and FMIC)
"Tune up" kit (all new belts, pullies, spark plugs, water pump, thermostat...)
All new engine and trans seals
FM Happy Meal (what they call their clutch/flywheel)
New master/slave for the clutch
New master for the brake
Large rubber shift boot
New chassy bolts
"Little" Big brake kit (all 4 willwood calipers, lines, adjustable prop valve...)
VMax extreme sport kit (adjustable coilovers and roll bars)
New alternator and starter
Energy suspension bushings for the whole chassy
"Hard rubber" motor mounts
New lower ball joints
Exocet specific fuel system
Special tools needed for installing seals

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:30 pm
by green-lantern
Sounds good, should be fun as hell.

God I want to do this :(

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:37 pm
by Monochrome
You know what's sad? How much would upgrades like this cost on a 3/S? :(

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:51 pm
by green-lantern
No way you could get the performance out of a 3s this cheap. It would cost 10x I guess. You can't really drive it in the rain though lol.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:52 pm
by Monochrome
I wouldn't be racing a 3/S in the rain either.

Re: Bought a Miata Because Exocar

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:06 pm
by green-lantern
[quote=""Monochrome""]I wouldn't be racing a 3/S in the rain either.[/quote]

I'm just talking about driving on the road. I'd sure as hell be driving it to work and stuff on nice days.