Let's try Ford now.
Moderator: Monochrome
Re: Let's try Ford now.
Could you make a cover for the whole area right there? Hard to tell where it all goes but looks like a U, maybe a U shaped piece of leather glued down?
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Let's try Ford now.
I thought about that, but I can't think of anything that'd look good. I'm currently leaning towards plastic filler rod, sanding, and that texture coating Ryan mentioned.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Let's try Ford now.
Mo Morimoto.


I was well supervised.



I was well supervised.

I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Let's try Ford now.
RenoSteve wrote:Ah, yes...chrome.
We belong to him.DirtySteve wrote:how much for the void?
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Let's try Ford now.
Yeah I don't see any chrome at all?

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Let's try Ford now.
looks like either piano black or maybe black chrome
DOGE
Re: Let's try Ford now.
It's piano black. That's kind of Morimoto's whole thing. And mine.
https://www.morimotohid.com/Ford-Raptor ... quantity=1
The only chrome left on this truck is the thin little highlights around the dash vents and cup holders.
https://www.morimotohid.com/Ford-Raptor ... quantity=1
The only chrome left on this truck is the thin little highlights around the dash vents and cup holders.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Let's try Ford now.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Let's try Ford now.
It's been a minute since I got to say how much I love having this truck. It's been extremely useful this summer.
Back in August, the starter in my friend's Focus died. Rather than try to fix it in the street at his house, we got a U-haul dolly and towed it to my place. It was a short drive, but there are quite a few hills between his place and mine, and the truck handled it quite well.

This week I decided to take some time off work to try to get my insane deck project back on track. Between the heat and rain it's really fucked my progress. After renting a little one man tow-behind auger, and nearly killing myself, Aaron had the brilliant suggestion to rent a mini-skid. The Home Depot near my house has everything.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/rental/Mini ... /316821831
With that said, I paid the price for being the only asshole running a lowered truck instead of a lifted one. For starters, the guy who rented me the skid had to go get a floor jack just so we could fold up the parking jack on the trailer. Even then it was still too low. So I had to run inside and buy a new receiver. Except all of them were the same dropped ball I already had. Rather than try to get a giant wrench and flip my ball over, I just bought one of the 4 in 1 hitches. That got the trailer high enough to get home. But not quite high enough to get into my driveway.

This makes my truck look really low, but it's not. It's the slope of the street combined with the slope of the driveway and the lip of the gutter. I backed it up and got it lined up on the first try, but ended up dragging my new multi-ball on the concrete.
After I completely unloaded the trailer, I was able to back it up the rest of the way just fine.
When I loaded everything back up to take it back to the store, I did it on a more level part of the street. You can see it's not squatting nearly as much here.

With all that said, I'm not sure how or even if I'll ever be able to run a ~5000 lb car and flat trailer combo. This was 3500 according to Home Depot. Pulling power was fine, but I was already feeling a difference in the brakes. I can flip my original hitch back over to get a little more height at the ball, but I'm not really sure the suspension is up to the task in its current configuration. I can't imagine towing a project car any amount of distance that involves serious hills let alone mountains. I guess it's a good thing that particular dream is more or less dead.
At least it can haul hundreds of pounds of bagged concrete and the occasional heavy duty DIY tool. And it's fun to drive when its unloaded. So I'm not complaining. Really just thinking out loud.
Back in August, the starter in my friend's Focus died. Rather than try to fix it in the street at his house, we got a U-haul dolly and towed it to my place. It was a short drive, but there are quite a few hills between his place and mine, and the truck handled it quite well.

This week I decided to take some time off work to try to get my insane deck project back on track. Between the heat and rain it's really fucked my progress. After renting a little one man tow-behind auger, and nearly killing myself, Aaron had the brilliant suggestion to rent a mini-skid. The Home Depot near my house has everything.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/rental/Mini ... /316821831
With that said, I paid the price for being the only asshole running a lowered truck instead of a lifted one. For starters, the guy who rented me the skid had to go get a floor jack just so we could fold up the parking jack on the trailer. Even then it was still too low. So I had to run inside and buy a new receiver. Except all of them were the same dropped ball I already had. Rather than try to get a giant wrench and flip my ball over, I just bought one of the 4 in 1 hitches. That got the trailer high enough to get home. But not quite high enough to get into my driveway.

This makes my truck look really low, but it's not. It's the slope of the street combined with the slope of the driveway and the lip of the gutter. I backed it up and got it lined up on the first try, but ended up dragging my new multi-ball on the concrete.
After I completely unloaded the trailer, I was able to back it up the rest of the way just fine.
When I loaded everything back up to take it back to the store, I did it on a more level part of the street. You can see it's not squatting nearly as much here.

With all that said, I'm not sure how or even if I'll ever be able to run a ~5000 lb car and flat trailer combo. This was 3500 according to Home Depot. Pulling power was fine, but I was already feeling a difference in the brakes. I can flip my original hitch back over to get a little more height at the ball, but I'm not really sure the suspension is up to the task in its current configuration. I can't imagine towing a project car any amount of distance that involves serious hills let alone mountains. I guess it's a good thing that particular dream is more or less dead.
At least it can haul hundreds of pounds of bagged concrete and the occasional heavy duty DIY tool. And it's fun to drive when its unloaded. So I'm not complaining. Really just thinking out loud.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Let's try Ford now.
I'm glad you're enjoying the truck! As for the braking that little trailer looks to have surge brakes on it, pretty typical for rentals. They work by the force of the trailer pushing into the ball. This makes their braking seem slow and delayed. I would also bet money the shoes aren't well maintained either. The good news is a trailer capable of hauling a car (that you'd buy) will have electric brakes, and they make a world of difference especially with an integrated trailer brake controller.
Re: Let's try Ford now.
Good call Aaron!
I think the truck would be fine to tow something around 5k…you would just wanna take your time. That trailer looks like it has the same type of trailer brakes my boat trailer does. The more it pushes against your truck the more brakes it applies. Great basic system. But electric brakes on a trailer you can have it even slow you down as a little touch of the brakes and it’s doing the braking. I got the trailer I had with the model A dialed in after a year that it was so smooth, I never once worried about braking with it.
Coop
I think the truck would be fine to tow something around 5k…you would just wanna take your time. That trailer looks like it has the same type of trailer brakes my boat trailer does. The more it pushes against your truck the more brakes it applies. Great basic system. But electric brakes on a trailer you can have it even slow you down as a little touch of the brakes and it’s doing the braking. I got the trailer I had with the model A dialed in after a year that it was so smooth, I never once worried about braking with it.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Let's try Ford now.
My dad's boat trailer had surge brakes. I never drove his truck with it hooked up though. I'm surprised I didn't pick up on the skid trailer having it.
I have the factory trailer brake controller as part of my dash swap. If I ever get it done.
I have the factory trailer brake controller as part of my dash swap. If I ever get it done.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Let's try Ford now.
Squat with 780 lbs (13 60 lb bags) of cement in it. Doesn't seem that bad to me.


I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Let's try Ford now.

scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Let's try Ford now.
Hahaha. That’s funny.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points

