Analysis Paralysis

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

Post Reply
User avatar
stealthee
Posts: 5064
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am
Location: SWPA
Contact:

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by stealthee »

[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I already own a Miata :d ontknow:[/quote]
Miata is a gay dude's car. :p
Image
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15951
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Chris GTO TT »

:sulk:
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15951
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Chris GTO TT »

User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18123
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by tabasco122 »

boring.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15951
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Your face is boring :ick:
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18123
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by tabasco122 »

Image
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14538
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by vr4 »

[quote=""tabasco122""]boring.[/quote]

Well no shit. It's a Subaru.
DOGE
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15951
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Chris GTO TT »

:d ontknow:
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by ChargerX3 »

All I see is flappidy flap flaps for flapping sake!
Image
User avatar
Chris95RT
Posts: 9449
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:37 am
Location: North Crackalacky
Contact:

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Chris95RT »

You just snapped my neck going from the BMW to the Subaru dude.

Forde, how much does she fork over for the lease? It looks nice.
Image
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
User avatar
Chris95RT
Posts: 9449
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:37 am
Location: North Crackalacky
Contact:

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Chris95RT »

Ooohh shit them's some expensive BMWs to lease.

Like an Audi.

Fuck me, I'll stick with the oval.
Image
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. -Ford
User avatar
alienviking
Posts: 10707
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by alienviking »

Chris - A lot. Like $650ish I think? Not sure. But money isn't a huge concern for her to be honest.. and it is what she likes. She doesn't spend a lot of money on herself so it is one thing she is willing to do. She actually was seriously contemplating a M4 for a bit...
User avatar
aaronatstate
Posts: 9890
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by aaronatstate »

Don't get another Subaru man...
Image
Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
:)
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15951
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Chris GTO TT »

[quote=""Chris95RT""]You just snapped my neck going from the BMW to the Subaru dude.
[/quote]
Welcome to my hell :eh: I get to the point where I think I want to spend the $30k and then snap all the way back to only wanting to spend $3-$5k. Eventually I'll build back up to looking at $30k cars again :sigh:
[quote=""aaronatstate""]Don't get another Subaru man...[/quote]

I dunno they are inexpensive, the flat 6 is way more reliable than the other engines, the flat six sounds glorious with exhaust. The Outback I could turn into a Legacy Wagon with some shocks and my old spec.B springs I still have.
User avatar
aaronatstate
Posts: 9890
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by aaronatstate »

[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I dunno they are inexpensive, the flat 6 is way more reliable than the other engines, the flat six sounds glorious with exhaust. The Outback I could turn into a Legacy Wagon with some shocks and my old spec.B springs I still have.[/quote]

It's still a Subaru...I just don't get the appeal of Subaru's :d ontknow: I still think you should get an SS, and by the time you make a decision, they'll be around 30k :ick:
Image
Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
:)
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15951
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Chris GTO TT »

I dunno I just kinda like how they drive, somewhat mechanical and raw without being punishing for a longer drive. Horizontally opposed engines keep the center of gravity relatively low making even our 2016 Outback more stable and fun to drive than a car it's size and height should be.
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6466
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by BillyC »

I love my 02 outback beaner with the 3.0 in it. It's just the right size, handles well enough in the dry, but handles exceptionally when the weather turns foul (which hasn't been much of an issue in KC the past 5 years or so). Is it perfect, hell no, but it work perfectly for my needs...the correct tool for the job if you will. (I realize that any small CUV/SUV or wagon would likely be sufficient for my current needs) I would never get a 4cyl. model again however due to the head gasket issues, but maybe the new(er) engine isn't as prone to failure as the mid nineties to late oughts were.
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15951
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Chris GTO TT »

The 4 cylinder version stopped having HG issues in 2010 and were reduced significantly after 2005, but those did have some oil consumption issues but most of those will have been taken care of by now.
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14538
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by vr4 »

[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]The 4 cylinder version stopped having HG issues in 2010 and were reduced significantly after 2005, but those did have some oil consumption issues but most of those will have been taken care of by now.[/quote]

This. It's also a very simple job and when done right won't happen again
DOGE
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6466
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by BillyC »

simple, maybe if you have the capability to pull the engine. With the engine in place, it is a little more difficult.
Post Reply