05 Mustang GT

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

User avatar
EvilNCarnate
Posts: 7844
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Springfield MO

05 Mustang GT

Post by EvilNCarnate »

Looking at getting an 05 GT with 22k. Give me professional opinions here guys. I can get an 07/08 for almost the same price as I get a discount with Ford through work. Looking at paying 19k for the 05 or 24k for an 08. GT only none of that V6 bullshit.
User avatar
moffman93'
Posts: 9787
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Long Island

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by moffman93' »

so you can get a new one for the same price as a used one? Where are you stuck lol
User avatar
TajMan
Posts: 8792
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:40 pm
Location: Salt Lake valley UT

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by TajMan »

I'd up to the new one if you can get that deal, even though I usually think buying a BRAND new car is dumb.
-'79 Yamaha XS11 special, custom work in progress
-'93 Stealthubishi
Image
GTO Assassin
Posts: 14275
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 pm

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by GTO Assassin »

I can give you a personal opinion Mike. Me, I'd go the new Muzzy, tho I don't know much about them. The 05 has been their best in a whiles from what I have heard.

Scotty
User avatar
EvilNCarnate
Posts: 7844
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Springfield MO

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by EvilNCarnate »

[quote=""GTO Assassin""]I can give you a personal opinion Mike. Me, I'd go the new Muzzy, tho I don't know much about them. The 05 has been their best in a whiles from what I have heard.

Scotty[/quote]

Did you call me mike... Its Chris. Anyway just got in from the dealership, their finance place was closed and so was mine so they couldnt close the deal on either right now but as it stands. I am hoping to take delivery of a 2008 Mustang GT Premium in Alloy Clearcoat Metallic (sorta a graphite grey color) with hood scoop...

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealer ... modelId=89

25k
GTO Assassin
Posts: 14275
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 pm

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by GTO Assassin »

WTF! Sorry Chris. I don't know why I thought I was posting to OBXBoost. Apologies my friend.

Scotty
User avatar
moffman93'
Posts: 9787
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Long Island

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by moffman93' »

So chris what are your plans? Stock they arent all that fast but definetly not slow by any means. 300hp in a car lighter than a 3/S is no slouch. With intake, headers, x-pipe, underdrive pulley it will definetly move.
User avatar
EvilNCarnate
Posts: 7844
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Springfield MO

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by EvilNCarnate »

[quote=""moffman93'""]So chris what are your plans? Stock they arent all that fast but definetly not slow by any means. 300hp in a car lighter than a 3/S is no slouch. With intake, headers, x-pipe, underdrive pulley it will definetly move.[/quote]

Nothing while its under warranty... so that gives me 3 years to decide what to do, unless I feel like throwing some roush parts at it which they are allowed under the ford warranty, 6k for the setup is the only issue.
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by Duck Vader »

Why not just get an SVT?

Or is that out of your price range? You can get a used 2003 SVT for around $25k.
Last edited by Duck Vader on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
FastOldGuy
Posts: 16574
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Southlake Texas

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by FastOldGuy »

Get the new one with warranty. It will be worth more money 3 years from now so you can always get the difference back if you sell it.\\

Jon's 07 runs 8.7's 1/8th mile with and x pipe and ram air intake. Sounds great and is fun to drive. Next mod will be gears then headers

Jon hammered a EVO last time we took it to the track.

Image
Last edited by FastOldGuy on Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14538
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by vr4 »

[quote=""Duck Vader""]Why not just get an SVT?

Or is that out of your price range? You can get a used 2003 SVT for around $25k.[/quote]

03 an 05 are worlds different. completely different feel.


05+ are much more refined and higher end feeling but even the shelby has trouble walking away from a terminator.

i had the chance to make a decision (qualified for an 06 at 1.9% with D-plan) and i kept the cobra.

what I would have ordered had i gone thru with it.

alloy GT deluxe
cloth interior
18" machined wheels
3.55 lmited slip
5 speed.





NO other options. leather, heated seats, side air bags all = weight. i dont like the look of the rolled exhaust tips (even though they would likely be changed out)


you will love it. it is a very fun car but i didnt get it because i still wanted a VR4 again (less than a month after almost getting the GTi came across the 97)
DOGE
GTO Assassin
Posts: 14275
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 pm

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by GTO Assassin »

[quote=""vr4""]i still wanted a VR4 again[/quote]

We all know fun luvin Dirty Steve quite well. Why did you want another VR4? At a guess, it would have to be because as far as problems go, you haven't had too many, but I know that can't be right?

Scotty
User avatar
EvilNCarnate
Posts: 7844
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Springfield MO

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by EvilNCarnate »

[quote=""Duck Vader""]Why not just get an SVT?

Or is that out of your price range? You can get a used 2003 SVT for around $25k.[/quote] Not out of my range as its the same I am paying for the 08 difference really is I get an 08 with a sticker around 30k for around 25k. The car was nice, accelerated great, smooth ride, panic stop from 55 was phenominal, low throaty sound of the v8 and that dual exhaust... Aftermarket for the cars are too good to be true as well.

[quote=""FastOldGuy""]Get the new one with warranty. It will be worth more money 3 years from now so you can always get the difference back if you sell it.\\

Jon's 07 runs 8.7's 1/8th mile with and x pipe and ram air intake. Sounds great and is fun to drive. Next mod will be gears then headers

Jon hammered a EVO last time we took it to the track.

Image[/quote]
We have decided on the 08 I posted a link to above. Great car, really is. It has the 3.55 gears with the limited slip
[quote=""vr4""]03 an 05 are worlds different. completely different feel.


05+ are much more refined and higher end feeling but even the shelby has trouble walking away from a terminator.

i had the chance to make a decision (qualified for an 06 at 1.9% with D-plan) and i kept the cobra.

what I would have ordered had i gone thru with it.

alloy GT deluxe
cloth interior
18" machined wheels
3.55 lmited slip
5 speed.





NO other options. leather, heated seats, side air bags all = weight. i dont like the look of the rolled exhaust tips (even though they would likely be changed out)


you will love it. it is a very fun car but i didnt get it because i still wanted a VR4 again (less than a month after almost getting the GTi came across the 97)[/quote]


2008 MODEL YEAR

ALLOY CLEARCOAT METALLIC

LIGHT GRAPHITE LEATHER

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

.P235/55/ZR17 A/S TIRE

INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE

SATIN ALUMINUM PANEL

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM

WHEEL LOCKING KIT

3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC

COMFORT GROUP

.HEATED SEATS

GT APPEARANCE PACKAGE

.ENGINE COVER WITH PONY EMBLEM

.BRIGHT ROLLED EXHAUST TIPS

.HOOD SCOOP

AMBIENT LIGHTING
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14538
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by vr4 »

[quote=""GTO Assassin""]We all know fun luvin Dirty Steve quite well. Why did you want another VR4? At a guess, it would have to be because as far as problems go, you haven't had too many, but I know that can't be right?

Scotty[/quote]



exactly. considering how i had treated them they were problem free. what problems i did come across were reletavely easy and cheap fixes. i also got very lucky a few times.

stealth tt. 5k purchase
spun bearing. installed engine from VR4.
GF totalled and got 5800 from insurance.


91 VR4. 9500 purchase (7 years ago)
blew trans and went off to college. trans from stealth went into it when GF totalled it.
fuel tank rused inside due to sitting 4 years. took tank from stealth.
got rearended in late 05. got 6800 from insurance.


97 VR4. undisclosed purchase price.
broken ring land due to faulty injector connection.
will fix when not lazy and return to 99% street duty. minimal racing from now on.
DOGE
User avatar
TajMan
Posts: 8792
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:40 pm
Location: Salt Lake valley UT

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by TajMan »

I saw some '06 Mustang for sale at a random car dealer lot today for $25K, nice on yours.
-'79 Yamaha XS11 special, custom work in progress
-'93 Stealthubishi
Image
User avatar
moffman93'
Posts: 9787
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: Long Island

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by moffman93' »

steve stop letting ur GF drive your cars lol.
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14538
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by vr4 »

[quote=""moffman93'""]steve stop letting ur GF drive your cars lol.[/quote]




lol yeah i know. though i was driving the VR4 when it got "lightly tapped" by the gmc.
DOGE
User avatar
EvilNCarnate
Posts: 7844
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Springfield MO

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by EvilNCarnate »

[quote=""TajMan""]I saw some '06 Mustang for sale at a random car dealer lot today for $25K, nice on yours.[/quote]

Big selling point on the 08 is I get a discount on new vehicles with most major manufacturers through IBM. The 05 was 22.9k we told them 19k and they wouldnt budge past 22.5k. Told them I can get a new one for 25k and they laughed, so I proved it, and now they are rocking and rolling to get everything done. Next step is to act like I dont want the car and see what they will do to sell it to me.
User avatar
vroom4
Posts: 13751
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:40 pm
Location: JoePa Country

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by vroom4 »

Hit a mailbox in my friends 06. The mirrors are freaking expensive =).
Image
User avatar
EvilNCarnate
Posts: 7844
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:36 pm
Location: Springfield MO

Re: 05 Mustang GT

Post by EvilNCarnate »

Jesus Fucking Christ, as soon as these people found out I got a partner discount they stopped fucking caring. They are telling me they cant find a black manual without 10k in extras in a 300 mile radius. I am close to giving up for now and waiting for the 09 Camaro. Danyel keeps saying "You could get all sorts of extras like roush or saleen if you traded in your car" AHHHHHHH NEVER.
Post Reply